Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 08:26   #1
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki + Mazda = Deal Struck!

Source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/20022976.cms

Quote:
Maruti is set to benefit from a deal parent Suzuki has signed with Mazda for contract manufacturing of Ertiga MPV. The Indian car major will get an opportunity to sell petrol-engine kits of the Ertiga under the deal as it currently supplies the model in CKD (completely-knocked down) kit form to Suzuki Indonesia. The Indonesian market for MPVs is very strong and is believed to account for a substantial portion of the estimated one million vehicles sold in the country. The Mazda deal is expected to give incremental revenues to Maruti.
Good Job by Parent Suzuki to help matters with the petrol engines sales and getting of revenue by such tie-ups. Hope Suzuki does not try to sell SKD and quote it to be CKD and get a show cause notice.

I was expecting a diesel engine or a JV for development for such types. I guess there is a chance for this deal to be getting such add-ons. Lets see if there is any development for the Indian market from this deal.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 09:00   #2
BANNED

Re: Maruti Suzuki + Mazda = Deal Struck!

Ertiga has been a hot favorite in India and Indonesia, Mazda seems to cashing in!

I hope this JV could be helpful for Mazda to set up its Shop in India, where in Mazda brings its great cars in India, we desperately need the lightweight Sports cars Mazda is well known for.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

I read this on todays news paper. But i guess we already read this news on T-BHP many months back and last i heard was Mazda ertiga was having good market share too. ?

If the deal is struck just now ? that means we did not have this Mazda ertiga on road till now ?
Old 13th May 2013, 13:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If the deal is struck just now ? that means we did not have this Mazda ertiga on road till now ?
AFAIK this the same Ertiga rebadged as Mazda in some other market.
The specification is the same for an Indian version.

I am not sure if Ertiga got a 1.6 diesel in other market.

Expert comments please..
Old 13th May 2013, 13:38   #5
BHPian

This is one of the best news that a normal car buyer in India can read.
I am sure that Suzuki would think of getting the Mazda cars to India with this deal. Mazda 2 / Mazda 6 / Mazda Mx5 if launched in India would really win numbers in our growing automotive industry.

Mazda MX5 can really be the first sports coupe or roadster that a middle class petrol head can buy.

following are the specs and details from the Mazda website in UK.
http://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-mx...cs-and-prices/
http://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda2/
http://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda6-saloon/
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 14:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Well, from an Indian market point of view, I don’t think there is much to read from this pact. Suzuki had done this before as well – sharing a specific model with other manufacturers (e.g.; Alto/A-Star as Nissan Pixo).

That said, I am not sure what’s going on with Mazda. They have been coming up with some interesting cars like CX-5, new 6 etc., but at the same time getting into quite a bit of this sharing and co-development.
I believe the next gen MX-5 is being co-developed with Alfa Romeo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks