Team-BHP - The 2008 M3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The 2008 M3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/14107-2008-m3.html)

hi guys

here is the update on the 2008 M3.

More hp (from 333 - 400)..

a more butch look...a wider track and a bigger butt!!...in true rear wheel drive tradition...

and oh...its got 2 more cylinders..yes it might be V8.

check this link out.

http://www.autothing.com/funthings/S...8-BMW%20M3.htm

i guess they were forced to upgrade to a bigger and higher displacement v8 to compete in the horsepower wars with benz and audi. atleast they are continuing the old engine in the new Z4M

An M3 with a V8 producing 400bhp and still weighs the same as the E46.

That sounds AWESOME!!!

That's a good decision by BMW to switch to V8s. Although I liked their inline 6s too. It'll definitely be more pricey than the current version.
The engine might weigh the same as given in the website but the car as a whole will be heavier.
Unless they manage some carbon-fiber here and there.:p

Whoa that rendering looks pretty hot!!!!

Guess they have reached the end of the line of usage of inline sixes for the M3 cars.

Cant wait to see Tiff Needel and Clarkson powersliding it!!!!

I had read it from one of the magazines that they have gone so beyond a 3 series that new M3 almost created a 4 series..:) .

By the way I got it from 99 express.com

This is the only real picture of the E90 M3 that I have.

Source: M3post.com

The first post, with the rendered images, actually don't look bad at all! Very aggressive.

YES !!! cant wait for the new M3. god bless BMW !!! clap:

I highly doubt that the M3 will look anything like the red one in that link, even the 2nd pic is a little exaggerated, a mix of the new and the old design..i dont know i am not having a good feeling about the new M3..it would be way too expensive to even compete with its class..

also the last pic here seems more like the Z4M than the M3, but since its a wierd angle I cant make out..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
also the last pic here seems more like the Z4M than the M3, but since its a wierd angle I cant make out..

The Z4M is out and it does not look like this at all. So its the new M3 camofladged!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
The Z4M is out and it does not look like this at all. So its the new M3 camofladged!

I am sorry I was thinkig the Z8 and not the Z4M...I dont know why I said that..if you look at the car..it just doesnt give the M3 vibe..I dont know, like I said I cant really make out from this angle..the hood is the one which is throwing me off..

i really hope they make it like the pic on the link.... especially loved the flaired wheel arches.... the V8...not so sure though...

they would even put that stupid inverted pastry cup in it....(the i-drive controls)

Pricing will be very important in order to compete with the mercs, audi's etc...

but people would still buy this one and the ones after that...

Thats the BMW M3 for you!!

Thats not all its competing with

The GTR is coming, G45 or G35-TT whichever one infiniti tries to use will also be competition which will stay ahead at a cheaper price point and better quality.

Then the Lexus IS430 is also coming, M3 is really no longer the king in the segment, it would look nice, but at the price point it wouldnt be all that...people still go M3 M3..cuz it used to be on top of its game, but there are many players now...the only advantage M3s had was steering, but considering GTR and the new G-TT will have the whole handling characteristics designed by lotus, not much can go wrong there and as is todays G35 and 3 series have hardly a diff in handling(3 is still a atad better)

And Stratos: When i look at the picture now, it surely looks high agressive for an M3, but looks like an M3..so yeah it is possible this is it, but 3 series coupe has missed the boat..its a avg joe looker..

That A6 quattro test, was actually for an Ad celebrating 25 years of Quattro if I'm not mistaken. The only changes made to the otherwise stock 4.2 was the gear box to be on 1st gear throughout and rally tires with 6 inch spikes. There was also something to prevent the car from sliding back at the top of the slope.... was a slick ad!