Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 22:02   #1
BHPian

A Fiat 500 Abarth made from human body & body paint

Over the years, I have got opportunities to spend time with many friends who are die-hard lover of Italian beauties from Fiat. A very proactive BHPian Amogh Chaphalkar, who is a dear friend and an ex-colleague of mine from my past life in Pune is one of them. He is the first one to give me a real world experience of Fiat's cult following.

That story aside, purpose of this thread is to share information about a great piece of art and imagination created by Fiat, a brilliant advertisement campaign. I searched for this one on Team-BHP but didn’t see a mention anywhere. In any case, I definitely need to dedicate this one to all fellow BHPian who proudly belongs to that class of Fiat's die-hard lover, if in case they have not seen this piece of art.

A video link posted below will explain the whole story about how The Richards Group of USA selected a group of circus performers, dancers and contortionists, along with a good body painter and then turned those women into a Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, so I will not elaborate that any further.

Some people might consider it as another example of objectification of women as it turns women into an object, but be assured, these guys have done the said campaign with finest class of art and style that you can expect from Fiat.

For the records, before posting this picture here, I tested this work by asking some friends to look at my laptop screen and tell me what they can see, and they all said..."A car". And then I asked them to see it closely, and almost all of them ended up saying "Wow". And I said "Admiration Guaranteed".

I wanted to ensure no one tell me that this is obscene on offensive by any standard, after all we are not here to promote Jism 2 or 3

Here is the advertisement pic:

A Fiat 500 Abarth made from human body & body paint-2013fiat500abarthcabrioletbodypaint02.jpg

Tagline of the picture, as can be seen appears very apt: "Made of pure muscle”

Here is the youtube link from Fiat USA Channel titled "Behind the Scenes: FIAT Body Paint Shoot"

Once you will watch this video provided by them, you will be left with nothing else but admiration for the imagination and efforts that went into the campaign.

Just in case, this is what is being said about this campaign on Autoblog portal Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/11/f...paint-w-video/

Quote:
Using body artist Craig Tracy and more than a dozen very talented, very muscular, and very flexible models, Fiat has developed an interesting ad that is, according to the head of Fiat Brand North America, Jason Stoicevich, "as visually unique as the Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio." We can't really argue with that statement, as we've never seen an ad quite like this before.
Enjoy the experience.

Cheers,
Dharmesh

PS: Moderators, please move this thread to any other appropriate Forum if needed, as I wasn’t able to find any other forum where I should have posted it. Also, I downloaded the photo as a wall-paper from this source:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...et-body-paint/
dharmeshmahajan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 16:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Fiat 500 Abarth made from human body & body paint

Thread moved to the Int'l Scene. Thanks for sharing!
Old 9th September 2013, 17:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks this is realy marvellous!. Goes to show you how imaginative a person can get when they are not creatively restricted or censored : ).

I especially like the body style of the front bumper ^_^.
Old 9th September 2013, 19:56   #4
BHPian

Wow!!! you werent kidding, when you said Admiration Guaranteed.

The creativity of such an idea has to be trully recognised, not to forget the subject's and the painter's patience and dedication to the idea.

By the way, you could play a game 'Identify how many' [It's popular on facebook]

OT:- Still trying to figure out where the person's head whose bum and legs become the bumper. Just realised the headlights is actually someone's BUM

Last edited by roshan_cruise : 9th September 2013 at 19:57. Reason: edited a word
Old 10th September 2013, 16:56   #5
BHPian

Art takes all shapes but for the Italians, everything takes beautiful shapes?
Old 25th October 2013, 14:47   #6
BHPian

This made me giggle but we really have to appreciate the effort the artist put into making this. Creative for sure. What made me giggle was the position of the abarth logo in the front .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks