Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 07:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled

GM has taken wrap off the new Escalade. Doesn't evoke any good feelings about this one. The rear LED Tail lights look weird. It extends too much for my taste.

Will need to check it out in person before deciding how it is.

Looks like a major overhaul in the interior though. Looks good. Hope it is just as good in real life.

More here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/07/2...lade-official/
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0012015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0022015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0032015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0052015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0102015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled-0122015cadillacescalade1.jpg  

Last edited by chevelle : 8th October 2013 at 07:21.
chevelle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 08:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Cadillac Escalade Unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
GM has taken wrap off the new Escalade. Doesn't evoke any good feelings about this one.
With the Tahoe and Yukon more upscale than ever before, I really don't know how much differentiation can they bring to the Escalade to even prove worthy of its existence. I was expecting a twin turbo or a supercharged 6.2 v8 bomb of an engine in the escalade. Now for just a better interior, Caddy will ask for 25k USD more for this. Or perhaps they should have got the TT V6 in the Yukon and Tahoe (the one from CTS V Sport and XTS) and kept the v8 exclusive for the Cadillac.

Not to say no one should and would buy it, the rappers and gangstas of the world will continue to get their blinged out escalades. But, really, aren't you better of getting a Range Rover?
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 08:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Too big and ungainly. A little too brash. No purpose or sense to the styling. The side profile is especially appalling. What were they thinking?
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

When it comes to the Escalade the first thing that comes to my mind is Gangster. With the 2015 remake Cadillac has only further stressed this fact. That sheer size, massive proportions and uber-luxurious interiors are only befitting for mafia bosses and hitmans alike!
Old 8th October 2013, 09:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

OH! God!
I can see why it may offend some, I'm not one of them : ). This is deliciously brute! I for one love the big proportions and oodles of LED. I bet even the most aggressive & 'bossy' of Fortuner drivers on the road would cover upon sight of this. The extended rear end though is not to my liking.
I haven't a clue of this vehicles history, features or pricing. Can someone tell me more about it, If this falls in the Range Rovers flagship segment of car?.
Maky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 10:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
When it comes to the Escalade the first thing that comes to my mind is Gangster. With the 2015 remake Cadillac has only further stressed this fact. That sheer size, massive proportions and uber-luxurious interiors are only befitting for mafia bosses and hitmans alike!
I was going to write the same thing then came across your post..
The only thing that I can relate with a Escalade is Mafia,Muscle,Gangsta(not "er" :P)

Looks good but I am always skeptical about American cars, their quality, their reliability.

-Bhargav
Old 8th October 2013, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
OH! God!
I can see why it may offend some, I'm not one of them : ). This is deliciously brute! I for one love the big proportions and oodles of LED. I bet even the most aggressive & 'bossy' of Fortuner drivers on the road would cover upon sight of this. The extended rear end though is not to my liking.
I haven't a clue of this vehicles history, features or pricing. Can someone tell me more about it, If this falls in the Range Rovers flagship segment of car?.
I am not offended by this is more or less the same as others from GM. I hope they do a SWB of this so the rear over hang is gone.

As for history, it was produced in 1999 to compete against Navigator. Technically a upscale version of Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon.

Since then it has been fairly successful targeting businessmen, mafia, hollywood stars, rappers and is very popular as DUB and Bling edition.

I don't think RR would be worried about this. This one starts around $70k, against likes of Infiniti QX56, GL, Q7, Navigator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
But, really, aren't you better of getting a Range Rover?
This doesn't compete with RR. RR starts at $85k while this one starts at $70k. This is more in line with QX56, GL450, Q7, Navigator and other big SUVs. A person shopping for RR won't even look at a Escalade.

But there are people who prefer Escalade since it is domestic, big, seats 7, luxurious, is reliable and can be had for cheap after some years.

Otherwise i agree, this is purely a bling version of Tahoe/Yukon but that has always been the case and it has been pretty successful at that and i think it will continue. I really like the interior though it is similar to CTS/ATS.

As for engine, it has always shared engine with others so this is no different. Hopefully price is in line with what is offered for now.

Last edited by chevelle : 8th October 2013 at 11:20.
chevelle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Though it looks like a tarted up Suburban, especially from the sides, it's got the bulk, bling and generous amounts of detailing. That should do it. :-)
Old 8th October 2013, 13:11   #9
BHPian

This looks more like a station wagon that a SUV . They need to shorten the length . This latest iterations looks even worse .

I was just watching a video about the ford flex which is so confused about its own identity , whether its a SUV or a station wagon or a MUV and slowly the escalade seems to be joining the company .
Old 9th October 2013, 14:12   #10
BHPian

Fret not Cadillac Lovers, the one shown above is just the LWB version for the discerning Gangsta's who want more space.

The standard Escalade is much more pleasing to the eye.

Find more here: http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2015-cad...-35828577.html
Attached Images

itsgeox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 15:06   #11
E63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
I was going to write the same thing then came across your post..
The only thing that I can relate with a Escalade is Mafia,Muscle,Gangsta(not "er" :P)

Looks good but I am always skeptical about American cars, their quality, their reliability.

-Bhargav

And the first thing that comes to my mind is Rapper.
Wait a second. They're both same, aren't they?

And Mafia guys buy Merc G Wagon.

Quote:
The car will be offered in two body variants- a regular wheelbase model which measures 5,180mm in length and an extended-length ESV edition which measures 5,698mm in length (that’s considerably longer than the Mercedes S Class LWB’s 5206mm).

The ESV edition offers more space to the third-row passengers, along with offering 60 percent more boot space than the regular model.
http://www.motoroids.com/news/swag-j...lade-revealed/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks