Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 15:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Visiting Honda @ Japan: Mobilio, Jazz, Hybrid Tech & Tokyo Motor Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The NSX looks fab. I had a huge poster of a yellow NSX in my room back when I was kid. Was a big fan. This new avatar is out worldly! I love it.

Will the new NSX sell under the Honda badge or the Acura badge? The Silver one on Wikipedia has the Acura emblem, this white one gets the Honda badging. I'm confused!
They dont have Acura yet outside of U.S. So will continue as Honda elsewhere I guess. (they had plans to move to eastern europe, russia, china, might be selling there)

I had Prelude SH. That car was so minimalist yet so good looking and great drive. I hope Honda goes back to exteriors which were sans all the creases that they put now a days.

Last edited by srishiva : 29th November 2013 at 15:51.
Old 29th November 2013, 17:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for Extremely detailed blog. Must have been fun covering this news !!

Just wondering if Honda has any plans for Civic. I did not see a word on Civic.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:37   #18
BHPian

I am already in love with the Jazz and Vezel.

Will consider either of them on my next upgrade depending upon pricing and diesel under the hood.
Old 29th November 2013, 19:13   #19
Team-BHP Support

Is there any information on whether Honda will launch diesel A/Ts in any of the segments, particular in the lower - mid end of the spectrum of products like mobilio, jazz etc?
Old 29th November 2013, 19:57   #20
BHPian

Great report MAG. The images are of top quality. The new Honda Jazz and Mobilio are looking great in the images. Eagerly waiting for their India launch.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:29   #21
BHPian

Super report MAG! Pics are awesome!
I cant wait to see the Jazz launched in India. They will surely capture market share if priced correctly. I hope they don't mess it up this time.
Old 29th November 2013, 23:49   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
BTW, any idea on whether this engine would make its way to India and if yes, when would that be?
No direct value add in launching these engines in India, especially when they have a child prodigy in the new i-DTEC engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

4) What does "Program Allocation - Group 1, 2, 3" mean? India in a separate group means what?
As can be seen from that image, there were 3 groups of journalists across the ASEAN countries who were invited for this event. India was its own group owing to the sheer number of journos from here. The 3 groups were scheduled differently as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

Will the new NSX sell under the Honda badge or the Acura badge?
In the US, it is expected to sell as the Acura NSX. BTW, that mystery V6 engine expected to power the new NSX is also said to have twin turbos. Honda have kept mum over the exact configuration and output of this engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Is there any information on whether Honda will launch diesel A/Ts in any of the segments, particular in the lower - mid end of the spectrum of products like mobilio, jazz etc?
No direct information. However, from the overall direction in which Honda is heading in India, diesel ATs may not be offered initially- with sole focus on costs, and most likely not until a mid-life model refresh arrives - by which time the novelty has worn off for the products, and an auto diesel would be a nice way of extending the product's lifespan.
theMAG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 00:22   #23
DWC
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed write up with regard to upcoming models from Honda. Any idea whether Honda plans on getting the Hybrid Jazz to India? From the news thats been going around, it doesn't seem like it. Considering the company is going the Hybrid way, and considering the excellent mileage, wouldn't it make sense to get the technology to India? After all, our favourite question to the SA is 'Kitna deta hain?'
Old 30th November 2013, 11:28   #24
Team-BHP Support

Super thread Mags! Very interesting read about hybrids, so we can also hope to see them shortly in our shores. I suppose?
Old 30th November 2013, 19:15   #25
BHPian

Awesome write-up Mag. Must have been quite an experience. I cannot wait for the Jazz and Vezel to hit our shores. Vezel, is surely one of the best looking compact SUV out there. Surely will be a hit with the young executive Indian.
Honda will need to price the Jazz correctly for India this time around. They cannot afford another Jazz debacle. Honda is on fire with all the great launches and concepts.
Old 1st December 2013, 07:18   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Just wondering if Honda has any plans for Civic. I did not see a word on Civic.
Sorry-missed your query earlier. The Civic is dead in India and will remain so- I did have a word about this with a senior Honda India exec. They reckon that with the advent of the compact-SUV segment in India, the Civic-segment just died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Any idea whether Honda plans on getting the Hybrid Jazz to India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Super thread Mags! Very interesting read about hybrids, so we can also hope to see them shortly in our shores. I suppose?
An emphatic No from Honda on that front again, I'm afraid. The same exec I spoke with above clarified that with the current duty structure in India geared up more towards favoring India-grown technology, it is not feasible for Honda to get in the hybrids at any time.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 12:18   #27
BHPian

I just love threads like this, but also wanted to see the factory and assembly line too. Though it all looks the same, something really excites me when I see such details too, probably like the one on Toyota history thread.
The new Jazz looks awesome and I like the interiors too. I am not too sure how they will place & price Mobilio and Jazz in the markets. There will be lot of cross shopping and will become like Ritz/Swift siblings. Folks who need a powerful and luxury car may go for Jazz considering that it may be getting the more powerful engine options (did they say that Jazz will not have the 1.5 L engine ?). I would love to see some mugens on Indian roads as well.
So Honda is using civic as a beater testing car ? The one in the pictures has a different alloy from the ones seen in India, were they hybrid ones ?
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:37   #28
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
An emphatic No from Honda on that front again, I'm afraid. The same exec I spoke with above clarified that with the current duty structure in India geared up more towards favoring India-grown technology, it is not feasible for Honda to get in the hybrids at any time.
Read in the papers a few days ago that the government is going to bring in some subsidies for hybrid technology come April 2014, maybe there's still a sliver of hope for the Jazz. If not next year then in the next couple of years we can expect a few more hybrid offerings from the other manufacturers.
Old 2nd December 2013, 10:16   #29
BHPian

Thank you for this nice thread. From the first picture in the post: "To be a company that society wants to exists" - I'm surprised at the grammatical error here. Just nitpicking
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: NEW: Thread 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Honda @ the Tokyo Motor Show, 2013
Very good informative report. Thanks !!!

@ theMAG: You mentioned about Odyssey in the initial post but i don't see it anywhere.When i was in US, i got opportunity to sit in one which was owned by my uncle. The amount of space it has is tremendous. It is a very very good car. It can accommodate 8 persons with ease & comfort, and most importantly it can carry your big luggage too. It can hold 4 big bags vertically with ease plus other small bags. Its the one of the most perfect MPV i would say. Don't know why we didn't get such cars here in India. I am sure they have potential here to succeed.

Overall quite happy to see designs by Honda. Specially the new Jazz & Vezel. Hope it will come to India soon. Tata, Mahindra - when will you grow? If you can't create such design, just copy them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks