Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios to get a major styling overhaul in 2015

If there is one car that badly needs a make over in our market, it is for sure the Etios twins. It screams out both boring in looks and cheap build quality. It does not deserve to be built by the same manufacturer who also churns out the Innova and the Fortuner.

The only reason it is still selling in some numbers must be for the failsafe mechanicals and the T badge. Unless they totally revamp the interiors in terms of the quality and that ugly central meter console, it would only be at best an able taxi alternative.

Also they could come out with a compact sedan even at the cost of axeing the Liva with better styling cues to compete in the hugely growing and popular CS segment given that the hatch segment is highly competitive and dominated by the big two in our industry.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 12:21   #17
BHPian

The Etios is ugly, has a cheap feeling and expensive. I also don't like how it gets crushed like a coke can in an accident (Accidents in India thread). It needs a major redesign and a reduction in prices at the same time.
Old 28th February 2014, 12:43   #18
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
If there is one car that badly needs a make over in our market, it is for sure the Etios twins.

The only reason it is still selling in some numbers must be for the fail safe mechanicals and the T badge. Unless they totally revamp the interiors in terms of the quality and that ugly central meter console, it would only be at best an able taxi alternative.
I strongly Agree

I wonder how it would have sold, if the same product was launched by Tata . They must have discontinued it by now.

Toyota must understand that they are loosing their market share through out the world. In us, they are losing with almost all brands. Ford was once in top 10, but they are in top 3 now. Toyota was at the #1 spot for many years. But they lost the ground. Why?

The answer is simple.
Their products are Reliable. Even today, Toyota is known as the reliability king. Then why did they loose the #1 spot?

Its the looks and the packaging. They must correct it immediately.

As a layman, i can say this just based on numbers. I hope Toyota sales team knew this years ahead. So they must be working on it. Lets wait and see what they get here.

If we see the same age old ugly designs, severe cost cutting products from Toyota again, I would start calling them "Germans". (Clarkson's Ishtyle)
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 14:43   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we had a thread in the international section on the upcoming facelift. The car looked quite good externally but to me, it didn't look like Toyota managed to resolve the major grouse, which is the central console meters. More than anything, the car needs make over in the interior. Hope Toyota atleast accidentally comes across this thread and pick up the point and implement it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ift-etios.html (Rumour: Toyota planning another facelift of the Etios)

Edit:: Oops, Viddy already attached the link.
Old 28th February 2014, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hope they change interiors as well, for better off course. Current one has one of the most pathetic interiors for sure, quality is really bad and so as the design. Not at all expected from Toyota at least, worlds number 1 car manufacturer. They should set benchmark for good quality and not the trend of poor quality.

Unless they do some drastic changes, i don't think Etios will have better sales than now. Currently also main sales come from the tourist business, not much from private buyers.
Old 10th October 2014, 19:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Toyota planning another facelift of the Etios

Etios facelift spied, speculated launch Oct-15th?

Quote:
The Facelift of Toyota Etios & Etios Liva is to branded with wider chrome front grille, factory fitted reverse parking sensors , Electrical adjustable Orvm's & Driver's Airbag will be standard on all variants . High quality of Fabric upholstery with rich fabric inserted door trim should be visible on the inside. Launching of the both Sibling is Set for October 15
Rumour: Toyota planning another facelift of the Etios-etios_front.jpg
Rumour: Toyota planning another facelift of the Etios-etios_interior.jpg
Rumour: Toyota planning another facelift of the Etios-etios_rear.jpg

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/10/t...lift-2015.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 20:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Etios facelift spied, speculated launch Oct-15th?
If the pics are that of the facelift, then let me assure you that there is no change except for the chrome grill & the electric OVRM (if its made available on all variants). The interiors are exactly as it as now, except maybe a change in the shade of beige. Even the headlamps leveling switch remains the same ancient one.

In the current versions, driver aribag and ABS are standard.

The VXD in the pic already had the bluetooth HU and parking sensors as default.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 21:10   #23
D4D
BHPian

Dare I say it, but this looks SMART, but why the "Flap type" door handles? (If I may ask)

Get a decent interior, and Toyota has got a Spacious "Brio" on sale. Now that's something they must really consider.

There's nothing wrong with the car other than it's design. Toyota went back in time while designing it. (Unfortunately)
Old 10th October 2014, 21:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

This facelift looks different from the one shown in the January 2014 post, and definitely not as attractive. Secondly, everyone seems to be against the central console design, but Toyota seems to be ignoring public opinion, which will again result in low sales. Why can't they just give people what they want? Why do such injustice to an otherwise good vehicle? It's quite allright to admit that the central console is not a desirable design and make a change.
Old 10th October 2014, 21:44   #25
Team-BHP Support

Same old wine in same old bottle.

Why can't they atleast offer the black + piano black finish dashboard from the Etios Cross? Looks much better than the Etios 'greige' in person.
Old 10th October 2014, 23:15   #26
Team-BHP Support

The only reason I'd ever consider buying one of the Etios twins is the stonking 1.5 petrol motor, preferably in the hatch variant. The car itself looked crap at launch and continues to be so. How I'd love it if I could transplant that engine into my family's Figo.
Old 10th October 2014, 23:46   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Not much has changed apart from the new grill and a few features thrown in. The interiors still feel cheap. Agree with Sujai on the Piano black finish dashboard was better. But for the asking of the Etios twins, it definitely does not feel the money's worth.

Toyota ought to scrap the Etios and get the Vios to resurrect itself in the C segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks