Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 12:38   #1
Team-BHP Support

2015 Volkswagen Jetta previewed ahead of New York Show

Mod Note: Our Jetta Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

German auto giant, Volkswagen has previewed the 2015 Jetta saloon just days before the car's official debut at the New York International Auto Show.
With the 2015 Jetta, Volkswagen has not gone for any major changes. All the tweaks are minor.

The front of the car features a redesigned radiator grille, a new bumper with re-shaped fog lamps and larger lower air inlet. The car gets optional bi-xenon headlamps with adaptive front lighting system. Daytime running lights consisting of 15 LEDs in an L-shaped pattern are integrated in the headlight clusters.

At the rear, there is a more aerodynamic boot lid, and LED tail lights on certain variants.

The interior of the 2015 Jetta features a multifunctional colour display, piano black accents on the centre console and around the gearshift lever, new seats and seat fabric, new multifunctional steering wheel and redesigned air vent controls.

The 2015 Jetta comes with driver assistance features like blind spot detection, cross-traffic alert and frontal collision warning.

The 2015 Jetta can be had with a choice of three 4-cylinder petrol engines (2.0-litre NA, 1.8T and 2.0T TSI), one diesel (2.0-litre TDI) and one hybrid (1.4-litre turbocharged).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

2015 Volkswagen Jetta previewed ahead of New York Show-jetta1.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta previewed ahead of New York Show-jetta2.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta previewed ahead of New York Show-jetta3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2015 at 19:39. Reason: Linking to review :)
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 13:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta previewed ahead of New York Show

Much awaited. Thanks for posting, I was going to post this in the Offical Jetta thread.

What I observe is VW's love for Audi. Since the A4 was updated last year, with redesigned tail lights, so is the Jetta, now exactly the same tail light shape compared to the refreshed A4.

All in all its now the best package, compared to the Octavia, and I am sure this time VW will throw in a sunroof as well. With Octavia sales already declining, the recently face-lifted Jetta is doing good numbers as is evident from the sales figures on the forum. May be its a strategy by VW AG. to make Skoda work harder to convert an excellent product in to an actual sale, along with timely supply.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 15:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The front goes from a being Vento lookalike to a Passat lookalike. I think VW have run out of all versions of their current family look . For me though, the current Jetta looks the best of the lot.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 16th April 2014 at 15:53.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 16:18   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
The front goes from a being Vento lookalike to a Passat lookalike. I think VW have run out of all versions of their current family look . For me though, the current Jetta looks the best of the lot.

+1
Just going by the cosmetic changes, the current jetta looks more appealing.
Let's see what features are added.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:57   #5
BHPian

Absolutely, the rear view in the second pic reminds me of the Audi A4. The Jetta is inching closer to the Audi look. I would anyday select the Jetta Highline 2.0L MT over the Audi A4 and save some money!
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 03:26   #6
BHPian

Shows the New Jetta interiors and exteriors in more detail:

Another one from the NY Auto Show: The steering is one thing that is certainly a lot better than the one in current Jetta, if the same cannot be said about the rest of the updates.
das_treiber is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 18:03   #7
BHPian

Went to see the Jetta. The SE informed that they have stood their old batch of jetta and initiated bookings for the 2015. On enquiry he informed that the new Jetta is expected to be launched in the 1.8 tsi avatar
wordsworth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks