Team-BHP - Video: Russian Bus Driver crashes into those who cut him (without indicators)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Video: Russian Bus Driver crashes into those who cut him (without indicators) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/150212-video-russian-bus-driver-crashes-into-those-who-cut-him-without-indicators.html)

Cutting in to another lane, turning without signalling are couple of most dangerous road antics that we see, which unfortunately is too common as well. And it is often, trying to 'save' these people, the vehicle in the immediate vicinity gets involved in much serious accident.
Came across this video of a Russian bus driver, dubbed as "The Punisher", who 'punishes' the offending vehicle when he gets cut.

Alexei Volkov wanted to fix bad driving habits, so he set up a dash cam and started filming every time he got cut off, and how he doled out bumper-to-bumper justice. He then uploads these videos for awareness in his youtube space, https://www.youtube.com/user/Volkosob832/videos

He claims that his passengers have nothing to complain about because none have been injured.
And his management also supports him as there is nothing he does which is against the law.

The actions are highly debatable, but he is firm on his believes;

1. Never cut the ongoing traffic. If you give surprises to others, better be ready for some surprises for yourselves.
2. Use turn indicators while making a turn. Failing to use a turn signal is a violation. If it leads to an accident, it would be the fault of the driver who failed to use the signal. Couple of times, we can see him 'letting go' if he sees an indicator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3418216)
Cutting in to another lane, turning without signalling are couple of most dangerous road antics

1. Never cut the ongoing traffic. If you give surprises to others, better be ready for some surprises for yourselves.

Hi Sarath,Firstly, this can be termed as a common driving trait among the Indian drivers. But, in the Indian driving scenario "teaching a lesson" to errant fellow motorists amounts to road-rage in some cases. The driver of the bus follows a tit-for-tat tactics but it actually is very dangerous.

It is really a hopeless situation for a sane driver to cope with people like these. I am not advocating such habits but I feel such mad drivers are best dealt by SUV drivers over here in India.

Over here in Delhi and in Noida, this erroneous way of driving is pretty apparent. The most annoying drivers who follow this are the BPO office drivers.

I am sharing a small incident related to my Paa that happened in February this year; Paa was returning from office in Rajendra Place (New Delhi) and suddenly near PTI building a Santro driver edged our Esteem from the front left side to come over to the right side without any signal. Thankfully, the bumper protectors saved it from major damage but Paa got so angry that he made our driver follow him till India Gate and then made him stop and went on to give him a tight slap in front of the traffic constable and the other car drivers. A 60 year old man having so much guts is something unusual in my view.

Paa said "After whole day's work and tensions at office seeing such lousy, uneducated buggers is beyond my tolerance".

Thanks

AD

I read about Alexei on Jalopnik. The reason he can get away with it is that he is able to show the dashcam video to "office of the analysis group which investigates the accident" and almost always get the verdict in his favor based on the video evidence. No "bigger vehicle at fault" rule there.
Also, there are a lot of scammers in Russia who purposefully cut you off and then brake in front of you to cause an accident.
Here is the link to the Jalopnik article:
http://jalopnik.com/russias-newest-f...iver-453854869

How I wish I get someone's car who supports 'teaching lessons' to meet out similar punishment in our land :D

Saw this the other day in Facebook too !!

How badly I wish I had an Indicab or a Sumo, Lowest Variant with Black Bumpers. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad3952n (Post 3418230)

I am sharing a small incident related to my Paa that happened in February this year; Paa was returning from office in Rajendra Place (New Delhi) and suddenly near PTI building a Santro driver edged our Esteem from the front left side to come over to the right side without any signal. Thankfully, the bumper protectors saved it from major damage but Paa got so angry that he made our driver follow him till India Gate and then made him stop and went on to give him a tight slap in front of the traffic constable and the other car drivers. A 60 year old man having so much guts is something unusual in my view.

Paa said "After whole day's work and tensions at office seeing such lousy, uneducated buggers is beyond my tolerance".

Thanks

AD

Hats off to your Father, really! clap: It just needs to be done. Auto drivers regularly do this and they regularly get slapped by me. As for large cars, I just tail them with the high beam once they've done this. I try to make life hell for such people :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 3418331)
Hats off to your Father, really! clap: It just needs to be done. Auto drivers regularly do this and they regularly get slapped by me. As for large cars, I just tail them with the high beam once they've done this. I try to make life hell for such people :D

Is it possible you are one of "such people" yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3418937)

Lol I'm pretty sure I'm not :D infact I've been complimented by several including friend's parents on my style of driving. What makes wonder so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3418937)

Mate, I don't advocate such things but at the same time there has to be someone to address such issues. In today's time people at fault don't realize their mistake by the simple word of mouth solution. At times drastic measures makes them realize their mistake.

Thanks

AD

One day when i have lot of money, I am going to do this. Been in my minds for years. The car is the mighty Marauder. Remember you read it here first.

I have been a victim to this kind of justice a few years back. I was returning from Ghaziabad Railway Station in an auto-rickshaw one morning via NH-24. The Ghaziabad section of NH-24 is narrow, and frequently gets congested.

There was a Tata-407 right behind us, and he was honking my Auto-rickshaw driver to let him pass. However, as is usual with these drivers, he was merrily chugging along at 25-30 kmph, bang in the middle of the road and not letting anyone pass on either side. I told the driver to move to the left and allow faster vehicles to pass, but he did not budge even a single inch. 2-3 minutes and many more honks later, the Tata-407 driver mildly bumped our Auto from the rear, and our driver very promptly and urgently moved to the extreme left and came to a stop, whereas the Tata-407 kept going.

Although I was a wee bit shaken because of the mild bump, I was also very happy that the Auto driver had been taught a lesson, in a language he could understand.

I'm surprised. The Russian bus driver has not been beaten up or shot at yet?

Anyway, the problem in Russia is drunk driving. Do a Youtube search for "Russia car accidents" or "Russia truck accidents". Because of this, having a dashcam is compulsory in Russia - that's how they manage to get videos of meteorites striking their country!

Although Russia is a vast country with low population density, the number of deaths due to road accidents are extremely high - around 40,000+ per year.

I had an idea something on "more relaxed" lines :D

Pro-photographers here could take their L-series / tele-lenses
pick a junction
be positioned at good vantage points (on the divider, on sidewalks, in the roundabounts..)
and snap photos (with license plates showing) - of every car causing infraction. (I know - these will be a LOT of photos. lol)
And - let these photos be published on some site/groups/newspaper - hall of shame kinda thing.

Then I wonder, would this even make people think twice before committing repeat-offence(s).

meh,

Ace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarathlal (Post 3418216)
Russian Bus Driver crashes into those who cut him (without indicators)

I saw those 18 odd videos. The cars just cut into the path of the bus and bus could have never stopped without hitting the car. I feel the driver has put up dash cam in his defense and don't think he has purposefully rear-ended to teach lesson. No way he could have stopped without slamming the brakes hard, with possibility of getting rear-ended.

Hence I feel the title statement is debatable.

Oh, Russian Dash cams makes it to Tbhp??

Goto youtube and search for 'dash cam accidents' or 'russian road accidents' you will spend the summer there. Cheers!