Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2006, 20:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Keep eye on this thread-Jim's P4/5 conversion of Enzo by Pinanfarina almst ready[pic]

Jim's P4/5 made by Pinanfarina from a brand spanking new Enzo

Seems like its going to be some 200+ kgs lighter and will be much much quicker, made for speed more than style...

check the link out and keep an eye on this one for the 23rd midnight new york time unvieling i believe...

Cost: 1 mil for enzo and 2-3 mil for Pinanfarina to make this master piece..Ferrari is taking note..

username: teambhp
password: password

have fun!!

Last edited by 1Day : 18th July 2006 at 20:46.
Old 18th July 2006, 22:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

I can't wait! It looks bubbly, though :S

Well, as long as it doesn't look anything like the Ultima GTR, I'm fine!
Old 19th July 2006, 10:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Cant wait.....the pics look very promising indeed.....hats off to 'Jim'.
Old 19th July 2006, 10:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

His name is James Glickenhaus. One-time director of B-grade English movies, and a big stock market player.

Do you know there are atleast 2 Indians who own Enzos?
Old 19th July 2006, 12:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Do you know there are atleast 2 Indians who own Enzos?
Really? Who are they?
Old 19th July 2006, 16:22   #6
BHPian

its out finally

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.p...=2&carnum=2830
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.p...=3&carnum=2830

Last edited by Kinetik : 19th July 2006 at 16:26.
Old 19th July 2006, 19:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ooh, a bit too over the top for me...but the wheels are fabulous!
Old 19th July 2006, 19:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! Need to see more pics before I come to a conclusion, Pininfarina's grow on you over time.......
Old 19th July 2006, 21:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

I dont know man, in the thread when he last visited it was in sheet metal, so I dont know if this is it, but this surely is looking like it, the pics jin posted were in bare carbonfiber..

But this still looks cool..wild, but hey if you spend 3mil you better have a wild car..

Jim says the final car is wilder than these snaps which were taken in DEC, then we should expect something more different..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM @ FerrariChat
Yes there are differences and they make a surprisingly large difference but the major difference is that while this gives you a feel of the shape the fact that it is solid not transparent really makes it look different. In real live it's more "transparent" , lighter, curvey, and almost stealth aircraft like.

Remember that this was the design as of December 05. We took this shape into the wind tunnel and took what we learned and made some changes. The nose for example is more curvy and the headlights as well esp. on the outside edge. The Pininfarina Team never stopped trying to improve the car and they're working 24/7 to make it even better.

Last edited by 1Day : 19th July 2006 at 21:38.
Old 19th July 2006, 23:27   #10
BHPian

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php
Old 20th July 2006, 03:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

He also mentioned in his post that the top will not be transparent so it should look dramatically different and since wind tunnel would have slight tweaked the car's shape a little we should be waiting until end of this month to see it, but I think its a great car too bad he would be giving it some awesome driver and have the first official nurburgring lap time for a Ferrari..
Old 20th July 2006, 11:00   #12
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Is that really a Ferrari??
I liked the enzo this looks more bubbly..
Though it doesnt look a 100% ferrari to me the rear get a thumbs up!!
Wish the front would be more bubbly as the rest car!!
But the truth I cant Buy it!!!! hahahaha.......
Old 20th July 2006, 20:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yes it was an Enzo before it became pinanfarina's P4/5

if you want to know why it is designed like this, then you should look at the original car..

Quote:
At Pebble Beach 2000, 0844 sold for an astonishing $5,616,000! This was a world record auction price in 2000!

Now you see why it is designed the way it is designed...

Its a modern day version of the P3/4 and the styling is not dictated by style but more by function..wind tunnel to give it mind bending performance..on the track

Last edited by 1Day : 20th July 2006 at 20:04.
Old 20th July 2006, 20:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim @ FerrariChat

What you're looking at isn't the car. It isn't a car. It's a model milled out of Eppa Wood and painted. The wheels aren't real. The tires aren't real. There are no headlights/taillights/glass/etc. IT IS A FULL SCALE SOLID MODEL THAT IS 8 MONTHS OLD. It is where we started not where we ended up.

We used that model to determine what we liked and what we didn't. We then made a full sized ABS/Plastic shell and mounted it to my Very modified Enzo chassis and took that to the wind tunnel. We learned some very interesting things. We modified the shape especially the nose. The inlet was reduced. The fender line was made more curvey. The shape of the headlights was changed. Inlets were tested and shapes modified. The curve of the Tail was changed. The back of the model looks flat/dull/because it SOLID. When it's grill and what you're looking at is the Ceramic coated exhaust chimneys/Engine/ Suspention/etc. through the rear the ENTIRE section of which is open grill and the light flows through the rear greenhouse which unlike the model which is solid painted wood and you see the engine and ceramic coated headers the effect is somewhat different...

When the tail lights are the ones from the 599 and the rear F1 rain light is mounted things change a bit as well. The real headlights with their rows of LED running/turn signal lights set behind form fitting more curved clear cover aren't too bad either.

The Greenhouse, except for the windshield is polycarbonate so it's very light. It's all so very UV filtered and the entire structure is supported by a very light exotic alloy high strength roll cage that results in a roll over strength, tested, greater than the Enzo and better than full road and racing requirements

Cx isn't the whole story. You must take frontal area and downforce into account. At some time we may publish a technical paper on her aero but in the mean time let me say she's low drag (remember to multiply Cx by Frontal area when making comparisons) with more/GREAT/better balance downforce in both high and low down force modes.

Getting down to what Alan Lambo likes to talk about with her reduced weight and better aero and Enzo HP. she will be the fastest road going Ferrari ever built. She will go 0-100KPH very, very close to or possibly at 3 seconds and she will continue on a touch past 240 MPH.

In summation while these photos give you an idea of where we started off and the basic shape as Rodger sang:

You ain't seen nothing yet...
So this car we see is not it..they seem to have changed a lot, it wasnt even a real car..

Last edited by 1Day : 20th July 2006 at 20:39.
Old 20th July 2006, 20:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

It's gonna be a classy machine, you betchya!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks