Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 12:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Robot Parking at the Düsseldorf airport

Just came across this one; at Dusseldorf airport you can get your car parked by a robot! I've seenn various automatic parking garages, but this is quite different.

Have a look:

http://www.dus.com/dus_en/

And here's how it works:

Enjoy, Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:03   #2
BHPian

re: Robot Parking at the Düsseldorf airport

thanks for sharing, will have to view the video at home as youtube isnt permitted in office , there are so many related things I can think of while the car is resting on the parking lot , like running a quick vehicle diagnostics on simple non invasive measures like tyre pressure, wear and tear by tread pattern , wheel balancing etc etc
Old 13th July 2014, 20:34   #3
BHPian

Re: Robot Parking at the Düsseldorf airport

Great, i just love it from the stand point that it can cut exhaust emission by just a little bit to help the eco system. no longer looking for space or getting angry over someone taking up 2 parking spaces are added benefits.
Hopefully soon something like this can be implemented in high occupancy cities
Old 14th July 2014, 18:55   #4
BHPian

That is cool. I remember seeing a video of automated parking garages in Japan as well.

And here's one for bikes.

Old 31st October 2014, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Just came across this one; at Dusseldorf airport you can get your car parked by a robot! I've seenn various automatic parking garages, but this is quite different.
Different indeed.
On a whim, I searched for assisted parking on you tube.
Look at what I dug up....
Enjoy - Audi's automatic driving for parking. I think it takes the meaning of driver assistance to a whole new level!
joybhowmik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 12:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Different indeed.
Enjoy - Audi's automatic driving for parking. I think it takes the meaning of driver assistance to a whole new level!
[]

Nice, thanks for sharing.
I ve just learned that we have had a fully automatic parking garage in the Netherlands for several years as well! And my eldest son has been parking his 1983 Mercedes W123 there for the last couple of years already! Good example on the generation gap. For me it is still pretty cool and special. for my son it is so normal that he never even bothered to tell me!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 17:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Different indeed.
Wow! That is some kit! I'm not sure how logical/ practical it would be for regular use, especially considering exceptions such as reserved parking spots/ ticket-based parking systems, etc. but as a concept - brilliant!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of robots, a robot has killed a man at a VW plant in germany in a tragic incident.

Quote:
The 22-year-old was part of a team that was setting up the stationary robot when it grabbed and crushed him against a metal plate, Hillwig said.

He said initial conclusions indicate that human error was to blame, rather than a problem with the robot, which can be programmed to perform various tasks in the assembly process. He said it normally operates within a confined area at the plant, grabbing auto parts and manipulating them.
Source

Mods - Please move this post to an appropriate thread, or create a new thread, as appropriate.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Speaking of robots, a robot has killed a man at a VW plant in germany in a tragic incident.

Source

Mods - Please move this post to an appropriate thread, or create a new thread, as appropriate.
That's sensationalizing the news item a bit, when it clearly says that " ... human error was to blame, rather than a problem with the robot, which can be programmed to perform various tasks in the assembly process"
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1;3744121when it clearly says that [I
" ... human error was to blame, rather than a problem with the robot, which can be programmed to perform various tasks in the assembly process" [/i]
Oh! They always say that, each time an automated machine hurts a human, it is always human error, or error with the programming, which is also human error. Infact, since human's create these contraptions, its actually Human error to begin with!
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Different indeed.
I wonder how Audi's automatic driving for parking would behave if set loose in the parking lots of India. Imagine the car's surprise when it finds a motorcycle parked lavishly in the only available car parking spot it has searched out after crawling for hours. May be it will cry out aaargh...., send a 'flip the bird' symbol to the owner's i-phone and self destruct

Jokes apart, that is some awesome technology. All the people in my Office who saw the video had their jaws hanging open.

Last edited by adrian : 2nd July 2015 at 19:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks