Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2014, 14:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, USA

Any BHPians done this? I got an invite from BMW saying that they are going to do this in California between Aug 16-24 and I am invited. I tried to sign up but eveything was already full - almost .

Apparently this program consists of four parts:
- Autocross
- Car Control Clinic
- Street Drive
- Teen Driving School (only for teenagers learning to drive)

Somehow managed to sign up for just the autocross session in a 5 series (I think the 2 series and M3s are all taken immediately).

Couldn't get myself into one of the "street drive" sessions, everything seems to be taken. That's a bummer, I wanted to get a feel of the 2 series. Signed up for the waitlist anyway.

There is also the "Car Control Clinic" as part of this program but this is not free, it costs $650 and all the weekend slots are taken. I guess I could still take a day off on one of the weekdays and sign up for it but wondering if I should spend so much $$ on it .

Any BHPians (bimmer owners) done this program or planning to do?
Old 26th July 2014, 18:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW Ultimate Driving Experience, USA

I have not done a normal program, but I have attended their "Advanced Driver Training Program" in Maisach, Munich (offered to BMW R&D Engineers involved in Vehicle Testing) when I was working for them. Being an employee, it was free for me. But trust me, if you have an opportunity, go for it, will be worth.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 26th July 2014 at 18:13.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 19:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Any BHPians done this? I got an invite from BMW saying that they are going to do this in California between Aug 16-24 and I am invited. I tried to sign up but eveything was already full - almost .
I'm going. Next Saturday it is for us here in Illinois.

I signed up for the autocross in a 2 series and street drive in a 7 series. I will come back with a report
Old 26th July 2014, 20:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I have not done a normal program, but I have attended their "Advanced Driver Training Program" in Maisach, Munich (offered to BMW R&D Engineers involved in Vehicle Testing) when I was working for them. Being an employee, it was free for me. But trust me, if you have an opportunity, go for it, will be worth.

Spike
Good to know. Do you think the Car Control Clinic is worth $650 and a day off? (in addition to autocross which is free)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I'm going. Next Saturday it is for us here in Illinois.

I signed up for the autocross in a 2 series and street drive in a 7 series. I will come back with a report
Nice! I think this is a good opportunity, as free autocross is very rare that too with car provided.
Old 30th July 2014, 20:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have done a somewhat similar program in Chicago where they set up an autocross track with cones in a parking lot and had us drive an A4 and Infinity G35 back to back with the E90 330i.

Personally I enjoyed it thoroughly and its up to you to decide if its worth the $650

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks