Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 12:12   #1
BHPian

Fiat reports higher profit on auto unit

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan...uro_up&chan=gb
Old 27th July 2006, 01:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

interesting. Some more news about Fiat's comeback by BusinessWeek. The article does talk about the latest Fiat-Tata partnership too.

Quote:
And on July 25, Marchionne announced Fiat's latest collaboration: a joint venture with Tata Motors, India's largest automotive group, to manufacture passenger cars. The two will jointly build the Grande Punto and a new sedan, as well as engines and transmissions for India and other export markets. "It's a good strategy. Fiat is trying to play bigger than they really are," says Morgan Stanley's Jonas.
Old 30th July 2006, 00:33   #3
BHPian

During my recent trip to Italy this July, I saw a fair number of Fiat's Punto models on the road in Rome & Florence. I liked the design - very clean, almost mimics a Maserati. It should be a good contender in the super-mini segment, when released in the Indian market.
Also saw a lot of Alfa-Romeos driven by Police - those Italian cop studs, must surely be enjoying their rides. I hope it was no coincidence that the former Italian PM's family (Mr.Berlusconi) owns a major part of FIAT.
I think this new Fiat Punto in a good engine configuration, coupled with TATA's service should be a potent wake up to the likes of Toyota/Honda to right-spec their expected super mini offerings.

NRK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks