Team-BHP - Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/155369-details-next-generation-volkswagen-polo-emerge-edit-unveiled-berlin.html)

Volkswagen will start production of the next-generation Polo from March 2016, according to German auto site, AutoBild.de.

This all-new Polo will be based on the MQB platform, and is expected to be larger dimensionally, lighter than the existing model, and might share plenty of design cues with the Volkswagen Golf. Expect all-new interiors, plus plenty of new features onboard as well.

Engines powering the 2016 Polo might be 3-cylinder turbo petrol and turbo diesel units, in the range of 1.0L to 1.4L capacities. A GTI option with a 1.8L/185 HP heart and a WRC (World Rally Championship) variant with a 2.0L heart generating a humongous 370 Nm of torque might be introduced as well.

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolovifuenftuerer2016illustration560x3732326eeaa83ecc956.jpg
(Image used for illustration purpose only)

The 7th-generation Polo is expected to come to India by the end of 2016.

SOURCE - Auto Bild (via Cartoq)

I am really surprised to learn that they will start production only in 2016 ! I was expecting the car to be unveiled early 2015. I guess this means the Polo and Vento in India are good to buy till 2016 and this could be a good thing for the Vento DSG being launched soon.

Sure didn't require an Einstein to figure that out. The next-gen VW Polo is of course going to be a li'l bigger, based on the MQB platform, lighter than the outgoing car (as all MQB-cars are) and share design cues with the Golf (all VWs look like each other).

Ah, Auto Bild figured out that the next-gen Polo will have all-new interiors too? Gee, I mean, that was really their brightest moment, wasn't it? Unless it was a 'top level' leak from inside :Frustrati:Frustrati

Next time, they should probably give something 'new' in 'news'.

@GTO its gotten to a point that VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi all resemble each other & as you said the modular transverse matrix production structure is the chief reason why. To save costs and build as many brands under one roof possible, VAG and the autocratic Martin Winterkorn have applied this to as many modules as possible. Seems good on paper and makes processes easier and much cheaper but the downside is that all models would feel all too similar. Also, it seems to be that many reviewers/current owners are in unison that the PQ35/PQ46 car-specific platforms were better built/better to drive than the generic tweaked MQB. I haven't seen any cost benefit to the customer as yet though. Also sheet-metal quality is standardised because of maximised sharing which means high end models are lighter but not solid-like-old-days.

It also doesn't help that chief designer Walter de Silva is in charge of all the sub-brands and makes Winterkorn's module-sharing strategy all the more easier by drawing in similar steering-wheel, rear lights, centre console etc etc. I won't be wrong in saying they aren't as good as they used to be.. the prime example being 2009 Mk5 Jetta owners simply disliking the Mk6 in terms of build and interiors even though length/wheelbase was extended. Polo is heading the same path.

Volkswagen launched the fifth generation Polo at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2009.
For the first time in Polo's history, the car was declared European Car of the Year, for 2010. The Polo was also declared 2010 World Car of the Year at the New York International Auto Show in April 2010.

Volkswagen in 2018, nine years after its last launch will release the MK6- the sixth generation Polo.
Styling will by and large follow the upcoming facelifted Golf due later this year.

2018 Polo rendered
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2018volkswagenpolorenderedfornoreasonlookstooserious_2.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-2018volkswagenpolorenderedfornoreasonlookstooserious_1.jpg

The new Polo will be stretched, and will be built on its highly flexible, modular MQB platform. This will be the smallest version of the MQB platform, called A0.
Quote:

the A0 architecture will be fixed at just one wheelbase, used by the Polo and then followed by the next versions of the Audi A1, Fabia and SEAT Ibiza.
Quote:

Quote:

the wheelbase is likely to measure 2,560mm – that’s a hefty 90mm increase over the existing Polo’s and less than two centimetres shorter than the Mk6 Golf’s
this gain to improve rear passenger space and boot capacity, although short overhangs front and rear should ensure that the hike in overall length is much more modest.
Quote:

At the heart of the new Polo range will be revised versions of VW’s 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine, and a switch from 1.4 petrol and 1.6 diesel units to fresh 1.5-litre units of both fuel types. The move to the MQB architecture also opens the possibility for the Polo to be offered as a plug-in hybrid, with either a petrol or diesel engine accompanying the electric motor. However, the cost of this technology could prove an obstacle for such a small car.
This new generation Polo platform will introduce the Compact SUV which will sit in segment above the mini hatch and will be launched in 2018 after the Polo.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswa...t-suv-flagship

The Sixth Generation Polo rendered - have touches of Passat.

Launch is expected in Mid 2017. Expect a 2018 India launch!

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-000.jpg

http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/3714...polo-rendering

The Next Gen 2017 Polo will have the 1.5 TSI engine. The spin off of this will be the Polo CUV and will debut a year later
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-newpolowillrideonmqbpolosuvgetting15tsiin2018107886_1.jpg
Quote:

The engine range will be centered around the 1.0 TSI 3-cylinder unit and 1.5-liter TSI with a variable geometry turbocharger

http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/ac...lkswagen_polo2

Next Generation Polo to grow bigger! To be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 2017. Would be feature rich and likely to be cheaper than the current Gen.

Quote:

Pretty much new technology so - still wants VW even reduce prices slightly. The new Polo will in future start at about 12,500 Euro, currently it starts at 12,600 euro
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpoloviiillustration1200x800034e795eb7557cf8.jpg
Quote:

The new VW Polo cracks as the first time the four-meter mark. Whether it is at the end of 4050 or 4100 millimeters long, is not decisive, because the next Golf is both inside and also grew.
Will it be tweaked for India to not breach the 4m length ?

As with the Golf the Sixth Generation Polo will be built on the MQB platform. Could be 70 kg lighter than the current Gen.
Quote:

The facilities are not only benefits from the longer wheelbase, but also of the redesigned underbody with a more compact suspension. The new seats weigh less. At the same time is an improved crash safety the focus of engineers
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpoloviiillustration1200x800b901d5dacb5a456a.jpg

Expect the Polo to have the interiors of the Golf. The list of equipment is long. New offer: LED adaptive headlights, Kessy (access and engine start keyless), all common assistance systems, the Active Info Display, adaptive suspension with larger wheels, etc.

Powertrain:
From 2017 includes all 1.4-liter engines, the 1.2 TSI engine and the 1.8-liter GTI from the program. Instead, small gasoline engines are very important - the 1.0-liter engine with three cylinders, which should ensure in four power levels with 65, 75, 95 and 115 hp for greater efficiency.

Diesel: The 1.4-liter three-cylinder will be replaced by more economical and torquey powerful 1.6-liter four-cylinder, which bring it to 80 and 95 hp. Together with a more efficient emission control will thus get rid of the sleazy image of this diesel VW. With the launch VW is like with the Gulf only a single alternative fuel: natural gas. The 1.0 TGI said motor, a three-cylinder with 90 PS, should not be lower than a hybrid in the CO2 balance.

Hybrid : A plug in Hybrid could also be offered at the first release , but a more powerful electric motor, which briefly mobilized 65 or even 100 kilowatts at peak time.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4004231)

Next Generation Polo to grow bigger! To be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 2017. Would be feature rich and likely to be cheaper than the current Gen.

Will it be tweaked for India to not breach the 4m length ?

Honestly bro, I could care less if VW actually bring the 'All New Polo' with all the features to India or not, but I would be the first one to AGAIN line up with my cheque book, 'IF' they launch it in this shade !! clap:

That shade has completely swept me off my feet so much so that I was ready to go in for Laura VRS in that shade, when the max I could afford was really a Comfortline Vento TDI !! :Shockked:

The "2017 Polo" looks even sharper and personally looks better than Golf. except for that 'Stuck On' sort of ORVM (I so hate this).

I also agree that the shade in which the pics are posted could be playing on my mind to ignore the other "BAD" design aspects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4005256)
That shade has completely swept me off my feet so much so that I was ready to go in for Laura VRS in that shade, when the max I could afford was really a Comfortline Vento TDI !! :Shockked:

Yes gear up all VW fans for 2018 - India is likely to get all new launches like the Polo, T Cross( C/SUV -Polo) and the new gen Vento to name a few.

Now bringing you the exclusive pics of the Global 2017 Polo,

Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagen_polo__front_watermarked.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagen_polo__rear_watermarked.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagen_polo__front_detail_watermarked.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-volkswagen_polo__rear_detail_watermarked.jpg

Quote:

VW is aiming to trump rivals on interior quality, infotainment and connectivity with its next-generation Polo, revealed in our exclusive images and set to arrive by the end of 2017.
Quote:

The largest touchscreen could be as big as 9.5 inches, trumping the displays in all the Polo’s small-car rivals. VW is likely to offer the digital instrument cluster that we’ve already seen on several Audis and the latest Passat – but probably only as an option on higher-end trim levels.
Rear passenger space addressed?
Quote:

the Polo’s current wheelbase of 2,470mm will stretch by as much as 90mm for the next generation – up to around 2,560mm. Shorter overhangs at the front and rear of the car should ensure that the overall length stays at around the four-metre mark, but the longer wheelbase will bring much-improved cabin space, particularly for rear passengers
Petrol engines
Quote:

The next Polo’s engine line-up will focus on small turbocharged units, although the range will start with a revised version of VW’s 1.0-litre naturally aspirated three-cylinder petrol unit, producing around 75bhp. Two turbocharged versions of the same motor will also be offered, with around 100bhp and 115bhp.
Quote:

existing 1.4-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel engines to 1.5-litre motors. Expect the petrol to be offered in two states of tune – with around 140bhp and 160bhp – along with 90bhp, 110bhp and 130bhp diesels
Six-speed manual gearboxes should be standard across the range. The new supermini is unlikely to get the next Golf’s rumoured mild hybrid powertrain.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswa...arrive-in-2017

While you can't blame the designers for not trying something radical, the Polo which has a timeless design have lost that charm with this new looks. Although the front looks fine,the rear doesn't look nice, maybe its me. Hope the increased wheelbase translates to better leg room. They need to bring the maroon shade too in the next iteration. Hope they stop their annual facelift and mundane special edition thing with the next generation.

2017 Polo - better looking ( rear ) then the AE version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dA_5Snr0M

Like a bigger Polo ?- then wait for the next Gen Polo- India bound in 2018. Seen in GTI styled wheels, spied unit is VW's the 5 door super mini.

Exclusive pics of the Polo based on the MQB platform seen on test.
Quote:

Volkswagen is aiming to trump rivals on interior quality, infotainment and connectivity with its next-generation Polo
Quote:

understands that the Polo’s current wheelbase of 2,470mm will stretch by as much as 90mm for the next generation – up to around 2,560mm. Shorter overhangs at the front and rear of the car should ensure that the overall length stays at around the four-metre mark, but the longer wheelbase will bring much-improved cabin space, particularly for rear passengers
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo001.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo005.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo006.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo010.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo014.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-vwpolo015.jpg

Link

Now the standard Polo spied on test, earlier spied was the GTI- To arrive in mid 2017.
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-b.jpg
Details of the next-generation Volkswagen Polo emerge. EDIT: Unveiled in Berlin-c.jpg
More cabin space and upgraded tech should entice buyers towards the new hatch.

Source

Reports indicate the next Gen Polo and vento built on the MQB platform will not be launched in India.

Quote:

the Vento sedan and the Polo hatchback on the MQB platform were under works and were slated to roll out in India in 2018-19. This would have aligned its India products with those globally, but also called for a significant investment — more than $500 million — in products and revamping its factory's plant and fixtures
Quote:

Instead, Volkswagen has started working on enhancing the existing Polo architecture PQ25 — it is internally called VW x26 IN NF or PQ26 — which will spawn out the new Polo, and Vento by 2018-2019 and the company is also exploring a possibility of coming out with a compact SUV on the same platform. These vehicles will get a new-generation turbocharged 1 litre petrol engine called MQ100
Source