Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2004, 19:41   #1
BHPian

After having missed the suzuka F1 by a whisker ( well i didnot manage to get the tickets though i landed couple of weeks prior to the F1, all thanks to the growing popularity of Takuma Sato ) I did not want to miss this oppurtunity to visit the motor show. Last wedensday being a holiday actually helped and also it was the first day that was open to the general public.

The show was held in the chiba, an Hour journey by train from central Tokyo.The Theme of the Show was COMMERCIAL AND BARRIER FREE VEHICLES.

Confirming to the theme manufacturers put on the display the the vehicles and the technology thats making their vehicles barrier free ( basically how their vehciles can be used by the differently abled persons and also for various other activities )

The participants were mainly Japanese Manufactururers though some OEM part suppliers from Europe adn US were present. Daimler was represented by their truck division and so was Volvo. The actros and the various Vovo trucks were where most of the crowd was present. Mitsubisihi Fuso i think was the best Concept in the show.

Nissan, Honda,Toyota,Mazda,Isuzu,Subaru,Dahitsu,Suzuki,Dai mler Volvo and Mitsubishi were the notable participants

Some pics from the show

Toyota Truck Concept

Amazing Interiors

Another Toyota Concept

The Subaru R1 Two door

The Impreza , spend a lot of time around this one , with 250 BHP under its one hell of a car!!!

The Forestor Engine Bay and the All new Forestor.Is it the one launched in India , its 2 Ltr engine is good for 227 PS

My favourite concept in the Show the Mitusbisho FUSO

Honda pavilion didnot have any exotic cars , the simulator they had was excellent. They displayed the Honda Fit Power Techmatic Sports Concept. It has the usual 1.5 ltr VTEC which makes 110 PS but the accelarator and the brake inputs are form a joy stick thats placed near the drivers left hand. Push it u surge ahead and pull it there is a break. The Video they had which showed this car in action was amazing and this concept was in tune with the shows THEME.

Finally the Suzuki, I had spent a lot of time in this pavilion. I was treated like a prospective customer for their Suzuki Swift. I own a Palio S10 and was keen to look what suzuki had to offer.I plan put that in another thread

Suzuki Wagon R in Japan

Well i guys i have loads of other pictures too, But I think I will stop here.

I am a bit lazy and also a bit short of time (I am sure all of us are) I keep reading this forum almost every day but post seldom. I hope to pick up speed from now

Cheers
Old 7th November 2004, 07:31   #2
BHPian

Will add the New Suzuki Swift Pictures tonite
Old 7th November 2004, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Cool pics DOHC, i really liked the Toyota Truck concept and the Mitsu Fuso.... Do post the rest of the pics!
Old 14th October 2005, 22:28   #4
BHPian

coool pics..... man....... really great pics of the FUSO and toyota truck concept
Old 15th October 2005, 01:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey dohc
great pics dude.i love the pics of the fuso concept truck.the wagon R looks like its got headlights similar to that as the swift.i love the pick up too.the one in the first pic but i dont really like the interiors.

rev
Old 15th October 2005, 02:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Swift in Japan is basically the same as in India.Only thing is,Suzuki is concentrating more on its Automatic avatar than the manual one.
And as far as Fuso is concerned,its the best selling truck in Japan alongwith Hino.

X
Old 15th October 2005, 07:27   #7
BHPian

Hey DOHC...gr8 pics dude Drooled alot on Fuso & Toyota Toyota has got lovely interiors
Old 15th October 2005, 12:06   #8
BHPian

NICE !!! Real NIce pictures buddy !

hey man !
Those are some nice pictures. Real good job with the camera man. Put up some more pictures and you'll get some more praise. great work once again..cheerios..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks