Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 08:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Another Enzo Crashed and this time with a serious injury to driver(had max miles 20k)

MMENZO(stands for most mile Enzo) Enzo Crashed

Here is his cars article, was a famous one with targa top

Its really sad, was a rally...

Quote:
S/N 131320, Richard Losee...

Miraculously, Mr. Losee is still alive after that accident, which happened around 10a.m. this morning. A few injuries, but surgery won't be necessary. Officials say had he been in another car in an accident like that, he wouldn't be alive.

Before anyone starts, it should be noted that this accident happened during a controlled rally. One portion of the rally consisted of "high speeds", where police officers would clock you. They would then write you a ticket and your fine would go to charity. The road on which this portion of the rally was conducted was closed and supervised by the proper authorities.

Losee participates in many rallies and this is just one of many ways he gives back to the community.
More info on crash

Last edited by 1Day : 3rd August 2006 at 08:34.
Old 3rd August 2006, 09:12   #2
BANNED

Seems to be that people out there need to take a special course before buying one of these cars... but the man involved Richard Losee is no stranger to supercars at all. He's been associated with Road & Track in the US for years and in 2003 he lent them his Enzo for a road test.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=6
At this rate.. the Enzo's going to fizzle out REAL SOON
Reading more about the crash.. it said that he was going 100 mph.. but the pictures appear to be that of a vehicle that crashed at a much higher speed.
Too bad!
EDIT: Did you guys know that Richard Losee also acted in THE CANNONBALL RUN as the Driver of the Trans Am?

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 3rd August 2006 at 09:17.
Old 3rd August 2006, 09:38   #3
BANNED

It's normal that supercars can also crash! And plenty of supercar crashes go unnoticed too.
But if Enzo's are crashed like this, it'll be a heartbreak for many.
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:18   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its impossible that the Enzo was doing "only" a 100 mph. My guess is that the actual speed has been toned down to avoid public angst against such events.
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:27   #5
Jay
BHPian

" Before anyone starts, it should be noted that this accident happened during a controlled rally. One portion of the rally consisted of "high speeds", where police officers would clock you. They would then write you a ticket and your fine would go to charity. The road on which this portion of the rally was conducted was closed and supervised by the proper authorities. "

Go faster to donate more money to charity..... End up losing an Enzo.... That too the only one of its kind....
If someone wants to donate to charity, they should do so by giving a cheque for how much ever they wish... but why put their lives at stake ????? it would have been better if he would have auctioned his car and given that amount to Charity...
No way was he doing 100mph.... must have been much more...
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Its impossible that the Enzo was doing "only" a 100 mph. My guess is that the actual speed has been toned down to avoid public angst against such events.
Looks like nobody wants to buy the following line...

Quote:
McCleve noted the Italian sports car - for safety reasons - is designed to come apart in a high-speed crash. "The car did exactly what it was designed to do," McCleve said. "Just the chassis and passenger compartment remained."
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hit a brick wall at 20 kmph you'd not believe the damage let alone 160 kmph (100mph). It could be a 100 mph crash.
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Awww damn that looks AWFUL......hope the owner recovers soon and well....

Yeah, at this rate, there wont be any Enzos left....
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero

Yeah, at this rate, there wont be any Enzos left....
and the ones that are left will have their price rising 2 folds because of such morons crashing it...and voila, we have a modern day collectors item with a price tag not worth it...

not that i would/could ever buy one......
Old 3rd August 2006, 17:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

What's the official count on how many are left?

From the 400, the ones that were absolutely wrecked, was the first fatal crash in 2005, the Gizmondo crash and now this one.

There was the Korean crash too, but was it a totalled car?

So is the count 397 or 396?
Old 3rd August 2006, 18:02   #11
BANNED

Well first off there were only 399 built.. the Ferrari philosophy.. always make one less car than you think you can sell...which to my count would take the remainder to 395/4? Your forgetting the crash in California...
Secondly..R32.. this 'MORON' like you call him was a pretty accomplished driver..who if I recall correctly from the 2003 R&T that i had.. has a STABLE of supercars..so maybe you'd like to reconsider that statement.
THIRDLY and most importantly.. no matter how good you are an accident can happen to anyone.. so lets give the guy a lil credit shall we?
Old 3rd August 2006, 18:22   #12
BHPian

in a way its good that he was in an enzo....so he can live..

its bad....for the loss of an Enzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Secondly..R32.. this 'MORON' like you call him was a pretty accomplished driver..who if I recall correctly from the 2003 R&T that i had.. has a STABLE of supercars..so maybe you'd like to reconsider that statement.
THIRDLY and most importantly.. no matter how good you are an accident can happen to anyone.. so lets give the guy a lil credit shall we?
Reconsider?? What for...just because he missed the brake marker? or because he took the corner at higher speed than he was supposed to...

i can come up with heaps of reasons for why i think he was/is a moron....

just because he's featured in magazines or has had some motor racing history does not give him an "exemption" from stupidity.....and by the looks of it....IT WAS PROBABLY HUMAN ERROR....

Secondly, whats the point giving someone credit for being lucky????

No one is good or bad in an accident that has been an outcome of their own stupidity in the first place....

Last edited by R32_GTR : 3rd August 2006 at 18:34.
Old 3rd August 2006, 19:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Well first off there were only 399 built.. the Ferrari philosophy.. always make one less car than you think you can sell...which to my count would take the remainder to 395/4? Your forgetting the crash in California...
Boss, there were infact 400 built. First there were 349, upped it to 399 after high demand. The 400th was specially created and was the one gifted to the Pope (the "Tsunami-Enzo").

Last edited by aniguchisan : 3rd August 2006 at 19:59.
Old 3rd August 2006, 21:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Boss, there were infact 400 built. First there were 349, upped it to 399 after high demand. The 400th was specially created and was the one gifted to the Pope (the "Tsunami-Enzo").

Thats corect...

as for the guy...cut him some slack, he is not an immature fast driver and neither was he inexperienced, no man has as much experience at high speed in an Enzo as he does...33000 miles man...
Old 4th August 2006, 15:07   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, He was indeed going much faster than a 100mph. More like close to 200mph. This is an excerpt and a link to Ferrari chat - Of which he is a member.

Quote:
From the horses mouth - Richard was going close to 200mph, and hit a bump in the road that sent him airborne. The car rolled 7 times and was flat as a pancake. Fortunetly he was wearing a helmet. He has cracked vertebrae in his neck and back, 4 broken ribs, broken sternum, some broken fingers, and the only surgery he made need is on his thumb. Nothing life threatening. He is refusing pain medication because he thinks he needs to be punished!
Thread Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks