Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2006, 05:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

I sat in a Bugatti Veyron!!

Alright guys, since 2001, I've been eagerly anticipating the day I'll see my second favourite car in the world (second only to the McLaren F1 of course).

The EB 16/4 was spotted in a showroom this evening, and I have taken a few pictures from my phone to post for now.

I shall be visiting this place very soon as it's owned by good family friends. Perhaps a ride in the Veyron is in store, but I'm ready to even settle for just being able to sit in, as the former is just a bit too optimistic, even with close family ties. When it comes to business, no one just let's someone out for a ride in a £900,000 beast. Nonetheless, it was an absolute honour and surprise to catch this behemoth vehicle today.

Finished in a lovely blue and black finish with black hide and aluminium (space age material more like it, with dials individually costing thousands of pounds) fittings, it is JUST as I'd imagined it and more! The car is incredibly small, no longer than a Gallardo, and we know that a Gallardo itself is no longer than a 5 door Palio. Incredibly low and mindblowingly gorgeous. My heart was racing and I could hardly stand still.

Enjoy these rubbish quality VGA camera pics (640x480 at night) that do NO justice to this car...for now! Promise to take a digital camera for my next meet with this demigodlike car.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 8th August 2006 at 05:08.
Old 8th August 2006, 07:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

I also spotted one in chicago showroom which seems to be sold now, but they had a open driving day for the car, but i guess it turned out to be invitation only, some 20-30 people drove the car for about 150-200 miles total i think..

Anyhow its a nice car, but a car of this magnitute should have looked either like an LP640 or the SLR and not a beetle.

Oh well, it had presence..

But 900k ??

In the US the thing is marked for 1.2 mil USD + tax = 1.3 mil thats it..900k is almost 1.7 mil, oh well may be it is market adjustment..stealers never give up..
Old 8th August 2006, 08:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Damn you are one lucky guy......SLR and Veyron, now thats a tasty recipe.....do keep us posted!!
Old 8th August 2006, 09:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice spotting, but i'd like the SLR more anyday!
Old 8th August 2006, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Enjoy these rubbish quality VGA camera pics (640x480 at night) that do NO justice to this car...for now! Promise to take a digital camera for my next meet with this demigodlike car.
Great feeling eh, aniguchisan?

There are some pics of the Veyron (same color!) here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/152910-post1.html

and here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/153097-post1.html

One of these passed me on the road recently - my poor Chevy's windows were rattling with the exhaust boom.
Old 8th August 2006, 13:31   #6
BHPian

Nice spotting dude.
Old 8th August 2006, 13:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Steeroid, thanks for the links to the other threads, although I have seen them both before. Definitely a great feeling.

The showrooms also got a black 430 Spider, and the black car next to the Veyron is an M6. Anyhoo, I shall definitely take better pics to atleast give some credibility to the car for being what it is, and not me for spotting it.

1Day, in the UK, the Veyron retails for around £850k list price. Yes, it's absurd. This showroom almost always charges a premium, as it's got most of its cars only on delivery mileage or very little mileage. Plus, the ostentatious value in part with a certain desire to acquire this car could push it to £900k. I'll ask them, hopefully today, all the details about this particular car.
P.s. I always had a feeling this car was too bubbly in it's appearance, and possibly even ugly, but somehow, when viewed in person, this thing is actually quite beautiful.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 8th August 2006 at 13:46.
Old 8th August 2006, 14:21   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car is incredibly small, no longer than a Gallardo, and we know that a Gallardo itself is no longer than a 5 door Palio.
Thats an eye-opener! I always thought its much bigger, or maybe the magazine pictures suggested so.

Congrats on the experience. You are probably in the 0.001% of the world that actually gets to see such a beast in person.
Old 8th August 2006, 17:34   #9
BHPian

Great Spotting.............
U are a really really lucky guy........
Old 8th August 2006, 18:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Thats an eye-opener! I always thought its much bigger, or maybe the magazine pictures suggested so.

Congrats on the experience. You are probably in the 0.001% of the world that actually gets to see such a beast in person.
Thanks guys. Yes, my inspection was correct. The Gallardo's in at 4300mm, whereas the Veyron is just a bit larger at 4466mm.

And now, the moment I've been waiting for but SO did NOT expect:

Oh my god, the infamous 0-1001 bhp-o-meter

Yes, that is really how my face looks :P :

The interior is in fact light grey with dark grey hide, as can be seen, but due to poor lighting at night, I thought it to be black.

Here are the nero 430 Spider and the Silver SLR:

Enjoy!!

Last edited by aniguchisan : 8th August 2006 at 18:41.
Old 8th August 2006, 18:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Yes, that is really how my face looks :P :

Enjoy!!
Nice one man!! You are truly one of those lucky few. A drive would have been even better. BTW, did you get to hear its engine?
Old 8th August 2006, 19:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Man i really envy you, you are one of the few lucky people who atleast got a chance to see and sit in the beast.
Old 8th August 2006, 22:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Nice one man!! You are truly one of those lucky few. A drive would have been even better. BTW, did you get to hear its engine?
Hey...thanks, I can't believe how lucky I am myself!

A drive was asking for too much, I felt, as the owner of the showroom, a family friend in his mid 40s, has HIMSELF not had a chance to test drive/ride in it. It's just too exclusive. According to him, if I understood him right, it is the only one on SALE at present in the world, i.e. the only one not being run around by its owners. Apparently...

Sadly, I did not even get the chance to hear it's engine, but honestly, I'm not complaining. You could sense the tension everyone was expressing as I sat inside it. I was terrified when I saw my finger print on the side window. I tell you, it was scary, beautiful, powerful and magical, all at once.

Keep your comments coming!
Old 9th August 2006, 00:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

HOLY CRAP! Now that's an ego-raising pic if I've ever seen one.

Lucky you! Why have you blanked out your face, though?
Old 9th August 2006, 02:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

dammmmnnn ur one lucky XXXXXXXX

what were the interiors like. weve all seen pictures but if yould tell us a bit more

Last edited by ajmat : 9th August 2006 at 09:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks