Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2004, 02:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hey all

Which one would you choose if given a choice between the new Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren or the Ferrari 575M? For me it would have to be the 575 for the sheer passion that Ferrari stands for. The SLR isnt bad either but like most of feel, Mercedes just doesnt have that charm anymore.. Whats your choice guys?

Cheers

P.S. Saw an amazing 560 SEL this morning at Bandra!!
Old 17th February 2004, 04:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Dippy,

Interesting question. But once again its a no-brainer for me (as well as you as i know).

The fact is that 0.4secs difference to 60mph is not even noticeable. What will make the drive worthwhile will be the passion and beauty that is so evident with every Ferrari. And the 575M is my second favourite Ferrari (after the 355 ;-] ....beautifully balanced car with calm yet agressive styling and quite luxurious inside too..... hence i will buy it later on in life, perhaps in my sixties or something ;-]

cheers
Rehaan.
Old 17th February 2004, 11:28   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ferrari 575M. Mercedes has really lost its charm. BTW abt the 575 tourist car in Trivandarum, I read somewhere that the car was being driven by a Ferrari senior technician. The owner was getting a 3 months training. And like the Enzo its put in a truck and taken to Bangalore.

Shantanu, just forget your sleep for a couple of days and start patrolling Bangalore streets and keep your ears and eyes WIDE open,
Old 17th February 2004, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!!!!!! How about that.....from nowhere to everywhere.

Just a month ago people here used to curse Blore for not having any Ferraris and now we've got 2 of the best ones.

As far as the Enzo goes, there is absolutely no news about it being in Blore. Maybe the owner plans to get it out on a special day.

Rergards...
Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2004, 12:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Front-engined Ferrari? No ways Pardner...I'd pick the SLR (Then sell it, buy a 560 SEL + EVO VI) and rock the rest of my then fantasy life away!

I really want to know what a Ferrari senior techie was doing in India...probably some Ferrari owner called him down for a service?

Shantanu, when anyone should tell you about an Enzo sighting in Bangalore...remember where you heard it first.

Dippy where did you see the 560SEL? I wasnt even aware of one in Bombay, but this city never fails to surprise with its taste in automobiles. What color? Owner driven? Good alloys? Tell me that you took a picture of it on your digicam!~

GTO

Old 17th February 2004, 12:52   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Front-engined Ferrari? No ways Pardner...I'd pick the SLR (Then sell it, buy a 560 SEL + EVO VI) and rock the rest of my then fantasy life away!

I really want to know what a Ferrari senior techie was doing in India...probably some Ferrari owner called him down for a service?

Shantanu, when anyone should tell you about an Enzo sighting in Bangalore...remember where you heard it first.

Dippy where did you see the 560SEL? I wasnt even aware of one in Bombay, but this city never fails to surprise with its taste in automobiles. What color? Owner driven? Good alloys? Tell me that you took a picture of it on your digicam!~

GTO
Old 18th February 2004, 23:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

That's a difficult one as I don't really love either of these. I'd probably go for the SLR. Any chance of offering a V8 Vantage LeMans as a choice?
Old 18th February 2004, 23:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO,
The first time I saw a 560SEL in Mumbai was way back in 1995. It was dark blue and without any alloy wheels or fancy external accessories. I had gone to Bharat Electronics, Worli to have a music system fitted in my uncle's car. This beauty was sitting there. I've seen the same car a few times after that at various locations. Old school Merc - Wonderful car!
Old 19th February 2004, 00:52   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Links and pics work for me...

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks