Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 17:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed

Range Rover has unveiled the SVAutobiography. Labelled the most luxurious and most powerful variant in the models’ 45 year history, the SUV is powered by a 5.0L, supercharged V8 engine that makes 543 BHP and 680 Nm of torque. Transmission duties are carried out by a ZF eight-speed automatic gearbox and the engine produces around 40 BHP and 55 Nm of torque more than existing V8 supercharged Range Rover derivatives. SVAutobiography customers can choose from the full portfolio of other Range Rover powertrains as well and the model replaces the Autobiography Black.

Crafted at the Special Vehicle Operations’ (SVO) technical centre in the UK, the SVAutobiography is available in standard and long wheelbase guises. The exterior is available in a combination of Santorini Black upper body and nine colour choices for the lower body. The front grille is finished in Graphite Atlas and polished chrome.

On the inside, a lot of the driver’s switchgear is finished with machined aluminium and the cup holder and socket covers get new materials. Rear-seat passengers get a chiller compartment and powered deployable tables. The SUV also comes with the option of a sliding floor made from aluminium and a choice of veneer. Customers can even opt for “Event Seating” that features two foldable seats that can be deployed on the tail-gate and are stowed away in the luggage compartment when not in use.

In addition to the SVAutobiography, Range Rover has announced powertrain and technological updates for the rest of the range. The SDV6 hybrid gets reduced CO2 emissions while the SDV8 variants get an advanced start-stop technology. Other upgrades include a new surround camera system with improved graphics and an integrated washer jet for the rear camera. The new gesture tailgate provides hands-free access to the luggage area, while the access height function automatically lowers the vehicle once parked, for improved entry and exit.

The SUV makes its debut at the New York motor show and goes on sale later this year. Prices in the UK start around £148,900 (approximately INR 1.38 Crore)

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr1.jpg

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr3.jpg

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr2.jpg

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr5.jpg

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr4.jpg

Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-rr6.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 31st March 2015 at 17:48.
Tushar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 18:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Any idea what purpose these seats in the last but one picture serve ? I have never seen anything like this before.

- They look like circus trapeez to me.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 18:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Any idea what purpose these seats in the last but one picture serve ? I have never seen anything like this before.

Those are the foldable "event seats" that are meant to add some luxury to the RR's split tail-gate. Aluminium frame seats, draped in windsor leather meant for two adults.
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 14:27   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Go offroad, find a nice spot, park, sit there and enjoy the view . Obviously not to be used while the SUV is being driven!

Not the best picture, but my Jeep's bonnet is our cheaper 'event seat' :
Range Rover SVAutobiography revealed-capture.png

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2015 at 14:30.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 15:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think those stupid looking rope-ladder like seats are meant for the hunting picnics that is the sport of choice for the RR's regular customers. The "sport" involves coralling prey into a small enclosure so that everyone who can figure out the business end of a gun is assured a prize, some of the owners are apparently too lazy to for that, so they sit on these seats and watch others. I guess parking the car the other way and sitting in front on regular seats would be more comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks