Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 15:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed

BMW has finally revealed the 3-Series facelift. Cosmetically, the car gets minor tweaks at best as the styling remains quite similar. Up front, the car gets new aprons, revised air intakes, LED day time running lights, optional full LED headlights and the sensor for the Active Cruise Control (ACC) is integrated into the central air intake. The tail lights are LEDs as standard, the car gets a new set of alloy wheel designs and exterior paint shades.

The interior features chrome highlights for the controls, air vents and central control panel and the front cup-holders get a sliding cover. The interior also gets a colour head-up display, while the updated navigation system features improved graphics and is updated free of cost every three years. The parking assistant enables automatic parallel parking as well.

Depending on the market, the car will be offered with a choice of four petrol and seven diesel engines, with output figures ranging from 114 BHP to 322 BHP. The entry level petrol 318i now gets a 3-cylinder engine that makes 134 BHP and 220 Nm of torque. The 320i gets a new 2.0L, 4-cylinder engine that makes 180 BHP and 290 Nm of torque. In the new 330i, the same engine makes 248 BHP and 350 Nm of torque. The 340i is powered by a 3.0L, 6-cylinder petrol engine that makes 322 BHP and 450 Nm of torque.

Depending on the variant, the car can be equipped with either a 6-speed manual or an 8-speed automatic gearbox. BMW will also be adding the 330e plug-in hybrid later this year, with output figures estimated at 248 BHP and 420 Nm of torque.

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-p90180564.jpg

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-p90180567.jpg

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-p90180580.jpg

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-1bmw.jpg

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-2bmw.jpg

BMW 3-Series facelift revealed-p90180613.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 13:11   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series facelift revealed

Any idea when the face lifted 3 will be open for bookings in India? I hope integrated HUD is offered atleast as an option in india. Some reports say the launch in India could be as late as May 2016 Also, is LCI (Life Cycle Impulse) another name for the GT variant ?
Old 19th July 2015, 16:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Any idea when the face lifted 3 will be open for bookings in India? I hope integrated HUD is offered atleast as an option in india. Some reports say the launch in India could be as late as May 2016 Also, is LCI (Life Cycle Impulse) another name for the GT variant ?
LCI is facelift in BMW terms. Launch should be Q4 this year I think, considering the fact that BMW needs to get aggressive to get market share back.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 17:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
LCI is facelift in BMW terms. Launch should be Q4 this year I think, considering the fact that BMW needs to get aggressive to get market share back.
Thanks Akshay, I agree that BMW is feeling the heat from competition. As i understand, BMW indian versions have always been behind competition in terms of features. Look at how Merc C-class is loaded to the gills while the 3er lacks even navigation, cruise control. BMW manages to sell purely based on its "sheer driving pleasure" pedigree.

Having said that, iam still waiting for facelifted 3er launch

Last edited by super.cars : 19th July 2015 at 17:22.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:38   #5
BHPian

Spoke to a dealer yesterday.

He is expecting a December 2015 launch.

I hope the 6.5" screen and great prices are offered.

BMW has fallen to #3 in sales, and hopefully should dole out some nice discounts to get back at the top.

- Nucliomaniac
Old 8th September 2015, 16:12   #6
BHPian

Those tail lights look nice. I wonder if that M-Sport steering wheel will make to India. I don't think they have it on any of the other models here, unless they have it on the 5.

It's hard to believe the F30 has been around long enough to receive an LCI update. The launch feels like just yesterday.
Old 8th September 2015, 17:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Those tail lights look nice. I wonder if that M-Sport steering wheel will make to India. I don't think they have it on any of the other models here, unless they have it on the 5.

It's hard to believe the F30 has been around long enough to receive an LCI update. The launch feels like just yesterday.
It's available on the 530d here.
Indeed feels like it's just been launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks