Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2004, 13:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hey Dippy,

Yout scale pics are well set up, but a few small things can make em better. (oh and on FI when i saw the evo6 TM in the thumbnails of the "cars of bombay" gallery even i thought it was real!...)

Did you use the macro mode for the pics? (it seems like you did because the absolute forground is blurred (the model is in focus) and the background is blurred as well. If you did use the macro mode this is typical because it has a very very short depth of field, ie lenght of focus is very sensitive.

The next time you take the model pics trying to make em look realistic, try this out and see if it helps. Firstly see if you can get the shot you want from further back using the zoom rather than close up using wide angle/(or macro if you did).
Secondly, since you have a Canon A70, make use of the "aperture priority" (&manual/programable) features that the camera offers.... aperture size is what controlls the depth of field. The smaller the aperture (larger the numerical value) the deeper the depth of field... ie better focus on objects near and far. If the aperture opening is larger (smaller numerical value) it tends to make objects at distances other than the one in focus blurred.

I hope i havent made this too confusing, and sorry if you aldready knew this!
Play around with it out of your window or something and you might notice the difference immediately. Use the Av mode on the function dial, in short 2.0 for fore&background decently foccussed and f5.0-8.0(not avail. if zoomed in) for out of focus fore&background

Cheers
Rehaan.
Old 26th February 2004, 13:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

OOps..i got this backwards>

WRONG>
Play around with it out of your window or something and you might notice the difference immediately. Use the Av mode on the function dial, in short 2.0 for fore&background decently foccussed and f5.0-8.0(not avail. if zoomed in) for out of focus fore&background

RIGHT>
Play around with it out of your window or something and you might notice the difference immediately. Use the Av mode on the function dial, in short f5.0-8.0(not avail. if zoomed in) for fore&background decently foccussed and 2.0 for out of focus fore&background

hope i havent messed this up! ;-P
Old 26th February 2004, 13:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rehaan

Thanks for the tips buddy. Will start experimenting and I hope i'll get better outputs

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks