Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 10:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed

The Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe has been revealed. Like the W205 C-Class sedan, the coupe looks like a smaller version of its S-Class equivalent. The new coupe is 95 mm longer, 40 mm wider and has an 80 mm longer wheelbase than the outgoing model. A steel sport suspension with tauter springs and damping is standard, lowering the coupe by 15 mm compared to the sedan.

There are currently four petrol engines available for the coupe. The C 180 gets a 1.6L four-cylinder engine that makes 154 BHP, while the 2.0L engine on the C 200 makes 181 BHP. The C 250 produces 208 BHP, while the C 300 makes 241 BHP. The coupe is also available in two diesel variants, both of which are powered by a 2.1L four-cylinder engine. The C 220 d makes 168 BHP, while the C 250 d produces 201 BHP. The AMG variants are expected to be revealed later this week.

Standard equipment includes LED headlights, PRE-SAFE, keyless start, sport suspension and a panoramic sunroof. The car can also be equipped with a sport appearance package. The package adds special bumpers and sills featuring AMG body styling, a diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome and 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels. Interior highlights of the sport package include a flat-bottomed sports steering wheel and AMG sports pedals.

Available safety features include attention assist, collision prevention assist plus, adaptive brake assist, active parking assist and a 360° camera among others.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed-1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed-3.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed-4.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed-2.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz C-Class coupe revealed

Wow, it's going to be really hard to differentiate that from the S-Class Coupe. It's looking really good.

What I don't like about the merc coupes is the rear quarter pannel, just looks like too much empty space behind the door to me.
Old 17th August 2015, 13:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What a stylish coupe!

Just last night, a 2015 C-Class pulled up next to us and me & my brother were talking about Merc's snazzy designs. From old & boring, their styling has gotten so young & funky!

New BMWs are becoming quirkier with each launch, while Audi remains clean and timeless. Mercedes has found a solid differentiator. No wonder they're the no. 1 luxury brand in India (in terms of sales so far in 2015).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 13:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

While the new C class is stylish and the coupe version would be even more eye catching and i absolutely love the S class coupe rear and AMG GT rear. Those slim lights and derriere makes me go OOHH!!!!

But here the quarter panel above the rear wheels and around the C pillar is too tall and big like its some kinda crossover coupe things.
Old 17th August 2015, 15:04   #5
Team-BHP Support

Merc coupes (S and now C) have better tail light designs (and backend in general) than the four door versions.
Old 17th August 2015, 20:59   #6
BHPian

No cabriolet versions of the C? The BMW 4 and the Audi A5 are offered in cabriolet versions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks