Team-BHP - DC - we forgive you!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   DC - we forgive you!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/16844-dc-we-forgive-you.html)

You thought DC was bad

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...es_sclass.html

:Shockked: Ajmat - No, please dont say that. If DC hears that, he is going to feel doubly encouraged - and end up creating more DC'd designs. Esp more so since he has competition.

Man he has spoilt it for me...I had such nice picture in my head of our car being delivered and he ruined it..same color, and everything...

I thought not much could be done to make this beast look bad..but i guess DC is the champ of making things look bad..

BTW when i get pictures, i will post them properly of how this car looks without all this stupid add on..I cant wait to see it myself..was delivered 2 days back...

Whoah....what in the name of god is that ? Why do people throw money and mod something that is already so good ?

Regards
Bullfrog

thats is not made by dc. some company called asma. they even made a cls like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe
thats is not made by dc. some company called asma. they even made a cls like that.

We know that, I thought DC was bad, this is gross

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe

:Frustrati Didnt go into the link at all...now I see ajmat's tone in favour of DC..my bad!!

somehow it felt familiar but I just didnt remember how, now I know I saw it in some mag..

Why is that DC is so much hated? Is it because he is so successful. Before anyone responds with "he is baaaad", let me remind you, everyone has personal tastes, so good and bad are subjective. If DC was not very successful and a struggling modder, I am sure there would have been great words of encouragement from our forum

Having tracked DC's progress and growth for more than 10-12 years I feel from day one that his concepts (most of them if not all) are sort of gross. Anyone has idea of kind of Clientele he has ? Somehow it is hard to beleive that his clientele is solely responsible for those horrid looking designs. Somewhere in this forum is information of a client who gave him his Rolls Royce to cut (in the name of mod) :Shockked:

Remember the days as a part of Engineering project of building an amphibious (Yes !!) vehicle we cut the chassis of a herald to make it short. It was a funny (and illegal !!) vehicle to drive.

cheers
Bullfrog

Quote:

Why is that DC is so much hated? Is it because he is so successful. Before anyone responds with "he is baaaad", let me remind you, everyone has personal tastes, so good and bad are subjective. If DC was not very successful and a struggling modder, I am sure there would have been great words of encouragement from our forum
All I can say is.....do a search within the forum to see his past designs (and comments). Sure, everyone has tastes, but DCs designs do not appeal to any enthusiast I know. The Nouveau rich for sure but not to real car guys.

IMHO, the only things DC is good for are 1. Alloy wheels (great taste) 2. Interiors (Impeccably done) and 3. Paint jobs (Better than factory finish).

Prob with DC is that he tries to make every car look radical. But to make something radical, you need to think and live radical (which DC isn't).

It's like asking a classical musician to compose a rock number. It just doesn't work out. All he'l try to do is immitate (what he's heard) and make a mess of it.

Shan2nu

Well this may shock many, I believe that DC is not bad, but ...errr eccentric, and believe me he is quite good at it.;)

I guess its a typical case of most of our bollywood movies/bollywood music directors. All quantity and no quality. Even the best will come out with mediocre stuff to meet deadlines.

I guess DC is under a lot of pressure to churn out a lot of radical looking stuff in a short span of time. Subtle design changes escape our attention/imagination.

I believe ppl are a bit critical/harsh on him in this forum.

He is a bit garish..agree..but we ourselves expect too much in the first place.

:OT
Whatever said and done, how many of you on the forum would spend your hard earned money on a DC design ?

Not taking away anything from what he has done, but GTO and Shan2nu have brought out very valid points.

He has a fan club........somewhere, but not here ;)

the sclass just looks gross!! how can any modder like even thiink of putting 21" alloys on such a car..!! ruins the whole car