Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 18:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man drives Toyota Tundra 1 million miles in 9 years, gets a free replacement

As a heavy user and traveller I salute Mr Shephard. I have travelled most of MH, KA, GA, MP and GJ by road, and in my estimation completed 10 Lakh km of travelling in 2012 (20 Years) which is a average of a measly 137 km/day, in my 17th car.
My usage has been 50k to 100k of self driving before I handed over the car to my sales assistants. Max a car in my fleet has run is surprizingly an 2008 Indica which did 3,24,000 km before being sold, engine remained untouched,andfuel pump was overhauled once the 5th gear which as worn out was also changed once. Second was an Innova which did 1.90,000 km.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 09:39   #17
BHPian

Re: Man drives Toyota Tundra 1 million miles in 9 years, gets a free replacement

Cars have a much longer life and suffer less wear and tear abroad due to better quality roads which lead to less stress on the suspension and other components.

Comparatively a new car in India will age much faster due to the rough operating conditions.

Nonetheless, this is commendable and shows the reliability offered by Toyota.
Old 16th May 2016, 11:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Toyota isn't the No.1 car maker for no reason. Their brand name reckons reliability and durability. This can be gauged the way how world's biggest car market the US has shifted from their home grown brands to Toyota. I have more than a dozen cousin's residing in the US and most of them own a Toyota. Back in India I have seen quote a few Toyota Qualis clocking close to 450000 kms. By the way this was way back in 2010, when I often used to visit Pune for two or three days of work related travelling. I can still see some Qualis plying on the Expressway. There are a couple of Innova cabs in our office which have clocked close to 350000 kms and still going strong. Our company boss is on his second Innova and refuses to change the brand and model despite having funds for Mercs and Beemers.

The Tundra(which is a workhorse pick up unlike family cars) surpassing a million miles is yet another feather among many in Toyota's cap.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 16th May 2016 at 11:03.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks