Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 09:16   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

All-new Renault Megane sedan unveiled

Renault has taken the wraps off the all-new Megane sedan as the third model in the 4th-gen Megane range. The Megane sedan is likely to be the Fluence replacement globally, although it remains to be seen if Renault will offer it in India as well, or not.

Based on the CMF C/D version of the Renault-Nissan Alliance’s CMF (Common Module Family) platform, the Megane comes with a host of engine options:

- a SCe 115 petrol with a 5-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission,
- a TCe 130 petrol with 6-speed manual and 7-speed dual-clutch EDC automatic transmissions,
- a dCi 90 diesel with a 6-speed manual transmission,
- a dCi 110 diesel with a 6-speed manual transmission, and
- a dCi 130 diesel with the EDC6 dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Features on offer include a seven-inch color TFT digital counter, an 8.7-inch I-surface multimedia tablet, R-LINK 2, MULTI-SENSE, a color head-up display, and many more. The Megane sedan also comes with a boot with 508 liters of space.

The Megane will be manufactured at the Bursa plant in Turkey and be sold in most parts of Europe, the Middle East, Australia and North Africa initially.

RavenAvi is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 09:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: All-new Renault Megane sedan unveiled

One beautiful car replaced by another one! Fluence itself was stunning and now this. But surely India does not even look like a market for these machines. The 1.5 dCI 110, does not seem like a good option for a driver's car of this proportion. For a chauffeur driven option definite yes.
ampere is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 10:31   #3
BHPian

Re: All-new Renault Megane sedan unveiled

What a chic!! I always felt the fluence was the most underrated car in India. Now this baby look hot and has the potential to create some waves in our market. Renault is slowly moving up the ladder in our auto industry. It was the No.4 car manufacturer some months back. I think this sedan will further aid in boosting the brand image of Renault India.
just_in is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 11:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

The official video released from Renault. Quite a beautiful car! Hope it comes to India, and with the right engine options.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 12:48   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful indeed! So chunky & muscular - absolutely love the silhouette (and that's not something you say everyday about Renaults).

With cars looking more & more similar, designers have to think out of the box to make their ride different. That's why you see the unique headlamp & tail-lamp touches. Those tail-lamps look fab in the night shot. No comments on the front till I see one in person.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 14:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Beautiful indeed! So chunky & muscular - absolutely love the silhouette (and that's not something you say everyday about Renaults).

With cars looking more & more similar, designers have to think out of the box to make their ride different. That's why you see the unique headlamp & tail-lamp touches. Those tail-lamps look fab in the night shot. No comments on the front till I see one in person.
It looks good. I really liked the new Renaults on display in Geneva. Interiors are approaching VW quality. Safety levels rival Volvo (lets not talk Kwid pro quo here- am talking about Euro Renaults)

If the current Fluence had more power and a lighter clutch, it would have run rings around the Jetta
ajmat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 22:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Renault-Nissan duo have been carrying out badge engineering in several regions and even for this new car, if brought in India; these two companies can share the investment and bring out different trims for different buyers.

having said that, this car has the potential of both being a driver's car as well as chauffer driven and between available engine and transmission options, this can well be tapped.

I don't think aggressive pricing is required in this segment (read Kwid); one can simply follow the segment norms and carry out good marketing for right kind of customers, which may include service packages and extended warranty (which is something required and expected when cars cost 20 Lac and beyond). Even moderate sales of 500 copies per month (jointly between 2 manufacturers) will be reasonable.

Also, sale of premium cars from any manufacturer indicate seriousness towards the market; Honda is fast loosing out on this aspect in India while Toyota has maintained it.

All in all, this looks to be a respectable package by Renault.

Last edited by i74js : 13th July 2016 at 22:06.
i74js is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 23:29   #8
BHPian

One word Elegant!
Renault is simply moving it's game up with Megane. Looks stunning in pictures would be a treat to see it in flesh. Tail lamps look swanky while the front grille with those uber cool DRLs look sophisticated and premium!
Although the alloys look a bit over the top, a more subtle design would match the car's premium sedan image!
Skyline_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 04:13   #9
BHPian

NO! Never! Renault will never bring this to India. They will bring all the Dacia cars to India, slap a Renault badge on it and sell it for a higher price. But no, not a Renault. They have such good cars in Europe and all we get are Dacias.
puneeth2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 11:05   #10
BHPian

White looks Oh So Gorgeous!

The lights are so unique, forget understated this is way beyond over the top in a good way. I really hope Renault brings this to India and with the right engine options. I never gave the Fluence a second look but I sat in a friend's Fluence once and that day all perspectives changed! Build quality ride quality was excellent!

This one though is worthy of buying just for the looks! Hope Renault is reading this and brings it to India and prices it decently like they did with the Kwid and not go the Duster way!

Slightly exciting times ahead with the Civic and hopefully this one!

Last edited by miharbe : 14th July 2016 at 11:06.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 12:26   #11
BHPian

One word - Beautiful!

If the scenario is such that Ford doesn't get its Focus or any other car in the INR 15-20L price bracket and Renault plonks in a fast petrol/diesel motor to complement the brilliant chassis, the Megane could very well be the perfect upgrade from my Fiesta. It is totally a different matter that I do not have a single rupee to talk of any upgrade as of now but hey, you don't have to pay for wishes right!?
The face-lifted Fluence was an eye catcher and I remember drooling over it when we went for a Duster TD. But the mundane diesel motor and overtly beige interiors put me off. I just hope the Megane reaches the Indian shores and will lean towards being a driver's car rather than your chauffeur's car.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 14:36   #12
BHPian

Renault got a great design team I guess , Their latest offerings and current line up shows that, I was always a fan of the Megane, the sedan looks even better.

Great lineup they got in Europe, Some beautiful cars, The cute Twingo, Electric Zoe, Stricking Clio, Elegant Megane (hatch and cupe, now sedan), Captur and Kadjar SUV's

That coupe is one of my favorite.

All-new Renault Megane sedan unveiled-megane275front.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

Renault, please bring them to India ,

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2016 at 08:59. Reason: Typo.
Asish_VK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 01:26   #13
BHPian

Quite a good looking car. Hope they bring it to India.

If not, Maruti please copy the front face for the next gen Baleno.
saion666 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 07:12   #14
BHPian

Wow !!! That's an excellent design from Renault.
White with black roof gives a very sporty look, The way the roof has lowered down towards the front and the bonnet angled down slightly while looking in the side profile reminds of current gen Toyota corolla. the boomerang effect cut for LED DRLs look unique. The alloys suited the car very well (looks similar to that of Nissan Terrano).
Many highlights from these pictures.
Tail lights design is awesome
Central console (similar to luxurious Volvo XC90) with large touch screen should be very practical and looks superb too.
Leather quality (all black) feels luxurious
Front four slate grill looks fab.
Renault must bring this to India to expand their premium segment market to compete with European and Japanese rivals.
Old 16th July 2016, 09:14   #15
BHPian

Both the headlight and tail light cluster have an impishly invitingly look to them. This vehicle is a notch too hot for the Indian roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks