Team-BHP - 2007 9ff Carrera GT.....can it dethrone Veyron ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2007 9ff Carrera GT.....can it dethrone Veyron ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/17818-2007-9ff-carrera-gt-can-dethrone-veyron.html)

Oct 4th, 2006-As the second tuner to announce a Carerra GT nearing Veyron numbers, 9ff are claiming they can build the Porsche with nearly 300 more bhp.

While the car has yet to be seen, 9ff are going to use two turbochargers and a new exhaust tract with more aggressive cams and revised mototronics to reach 912 bhp!.

As the digital rendering of the car shows, 9ff's body kit is mostly limited to the front end with a much larger cold-air intake. Also new are the 18 spoke, center mounted wheels.

Hopefully we will see an actual version of this car in the not too distant future.

- www.supercars.net

It might dethrone the numbers, but not the looks. I have seen the GT
couple of times. Unless you know what it is, it looks like any other
porsche, albeit, little bit lower and stretched.

It was almost as fast as the Enzo.....now its sped ahead!
Waiting Ferrari to answer.....Let the games begin once again!!

dude the veyron in stock form is 1001 bhp. im sure there will be some crazy tuner out there who will mod it. so i dont think the veyron will be dethroned any time soon

The Carrera GT looks awesome M7.... it doesnt look like any other Porsche :P

FOr a change, Porsche's designers actually did some work :P

And Ferrari did make faster version of the Enzi. First was the Maserati MC 12 and then was the FXX which had something like 800 bhp....

But the FXX was never road legal. Rich owners paid 1 million $ or Euros only to drive it on tracks..... And that too on Ferrari's Fiorano test track.

They got exclusive driving tips from the Ferrari test driver (Luca Badoer) and so on..... but they could never drive it on the road.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak
dude the veyron in stock form is 1001 bhp. im sure there will be some crazy tuner out there who will mod it. so i dont think the veyron will be dethroned any time soon

Yes but for that you need a crazier owner who's spent a Million Euro's on buying his Veyron & then spends more to tart it up!!

I think Veyron has already been as souped up as it can go without blowing something up. Bugatti engineers had solid trouble putting it together in the first place.

I'd really like to see Mclaren get back into the fray with a new car. The F1 was such a brilliant machine, it's still faster than Enzo and other supercars...who knows what they can do with today's technology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I think Veyron has already been as souped up as it can go without blowing something up. Bugatti engineers had solid trouble putting it together in the first place.

I'd really like to see Mclaren get back into the fray with a new car. The F1 was such a brilliant machine, it's still faster than Enzo and other supercars...who knows what they can do with today's technology.

Absolutely !!! The veyron was hell for the designers. I mean see the stats and decide for yourself..... 5 radiators, 4 turbochargers and so on.....

It is simply too much.....

Most of the other supercars can be modded by adding turbochargers/superchargers..... but the Veyron already has 2 !!

And yeah, I would love to see McLaren get back in the game...but first let them concentrate on making their F1 cars finish lol ..... they rarely finish...

When the McLaren F1 was designed, McLaren were at the top of their game. They were on their way to winning 15 out of 16 races that year.....

The car was officially released 4 yrs later, but they initial concept and idea started in 1988...

Dethroning the Veyron? Highly unlikely. 407 Kmph+ ON ROAD is no joke. Besides, the Veyron makes 3000 bhp from it's W16. 2000 Bhp is lost in cooling and transmission. The car defies the laws of physics by doing 0-100 in 2.5 seconds. And 160 in 5.7. And 300 in 16.7. The bloody thing weighs 2 tons.

An F1 car can accelerate slightly better after 160 kmph due to it's lesser body weight, aerodynamics, free-revving engine, etc., but it still cannot breach 400 kmph.

Although it would be interesting to see what Porsche and others might come up with, no car can live upto as much hype. None have, none will. It took 5 years of crap to build the damn thing. It's a technological marvel.

Needless to say, I'm a Veyron fan.

There are tuners in UAE and other rich areas who tune already ridiculously fast cars such as the Murcy, Enzo and CGT. I wonder if anybody has the resources and knowhow to tune (???) a Veyron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
Dethroning the Veyron? Highly unlikely. 407 Kmph+ ON ROAD is no joke. Besides, the Veyron makes 3000 bhp from it's W16. 2000 Bhp is lost in cooling and transmission. The car defies the laws of physics by doing 0-100 in 2.5 seconds. And 160 in 5.7. And 300 in 16.7. The bloody thing weighs 2 tons.

An F1 car can accelerate slightly better after 160 kmph due to it's lesser body weight, aerodynamics, free-revving engine, etc., but it still cannot breach 400 kmph.

Although it would be interesting to see what Porsche and others might come up with, no car can live upto as much hype. None have, none will. It took 5 years of crap to build the damn thing. It's a technological marvel.

Needless to say, I'm a Veyron fan.

There are tuners in UAE and other rich areas who tune already ridiculously fast cars such as the Murcy, Enzo and CGT. I wonder if anybody has the resources and knowhow to tune (???) a Veyron.

was wondering when someone would post that ...lol .....

And yeah, it is a technological marvel.....

But sometimes I feel that all the weight on the car could have been saved in return for a lower BHP figure and that would have given them the same performance numbers.....

I'm sure drag-spec Veyrons will run higher turbo pressure for a few kilometres. Road legal cars have very high tolerances built in, because no one wants their million dollar car breaking down on a Arab desert highway.

Just boost should get another 200 bhp or so atleast for a quartermile run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
I'm sure drag-spec Veyrons will run higher turbo pressure for a few kilometres. Road legal cars have very high tolerances built in, because no one wants their million dollar car breaking down on a Arab desert highway.

Just boost should get another 200 bhp or so atleast for a quartermile run.

Yes just by tweaking boost you can do that but the question remains does the driveline have enough headroom to handle this extra power?

Secondly, how the hell do you put down 1200+ bhp on the road? Believe me it's gonna be a nightmare with or without AWD.

Yes, but like I said, the driveline is also built in with tolerances.

Traction continues to be a problem. Fatter, pre-warmed drag slicks, maybe?

From the way the 9ff looks , I have no idea how they are going to provide that kind of Downforce , other than spoiler ther seems nothing .....aiding it....underbody may be..I guess there is going to be a lot of changes on the car body !

for the ferrari it seems is a complete package of power, speed & driving. i dont believe they make a rocket but an agile aircraft which is much more than simply putting pedal to the metal.

from what i have read on the net people vouch for the sheer driving pleasure of a ferrari. but thats me...

The Veyron is pretty much a useless car for me - dont think ts worthwhile. What I wanna see is if the new Carrerra can reach the same cult status as the McLaren F1.