Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 21:47   #1
BHPian

Drivetribe.com by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard & James

I recently stumbled upon this YouTube channel: DRIVETRIBE (D_TRB)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChi...rV5SxqdixMHmQA

The reason it caught my attention was, I could find videos from Henry Catchpole and Jethro Bovingdon. I love these guys and I almost enjoy watching them more than Chris Harris. If not, they come very close. Both of them are just so full of passion and elegance in their presentation that it is a treat to watch them and many times have given me goosebumps.

Now from what I know, Henry and Jethro both work for EVO TV, so I was a bit surprised to see their videos with a different channel. Initially I thought, its some thug channel trying to post duplicate or stolen content. But I saw many new videos getting posted which I had never seen from Henry and Jethro. Considering how much youtube I watch, this was a surprise. So I clicked the channel description and I see Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. I thought, this is getting interesting.

This is the description of channel:
Jeremy Clarkson's, Richard Hammond's and James May's new home of epic motoring and pulse-racing adventure.

There is a video which sort of introduces of what this is:

This seems to be a brain child of the trio. The website felt like a mixture of facebook and instagram, but all related around car content and discussions.
https://drivetribe.com/

I could not register yet and get my head around this, but this could develop into something. I think there is an app as well. I am definitely going to download it.

If anybody gets what this is all about or already knows, please let us know as to what this is all about.

I am not associated to them in any way. I just think these guys are one of our favorites and are onto something here, so thought of sharing!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 22:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drivetribe.com by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard & James

Sadly, both Jethro and Henry have left DriveTribe. Damn!

Jethro is now working for MotorTrend and Henry for Carfection.

And here is their last hurray! What machines to do it!

deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 23:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sadly, both Jethro and Henry have left DriveTribe. Damn!

Jethro is now working for MotorTrend and Henry for Carfection.

And here is their last hurray! What machines to do it!
Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!
What a video. Thanks for sharing.

These 2 are one of the best. Its sad in a way that they are leaving DriveTRB because they were producing some really good content pretty fast. Although I was anticipating something, because I had noticed that there videos had stopped. Henry with Carfection should be a good match. Jethro at Motor trend is a bit tricky to imagine, interesting nonetheless.

All I can say is cheers to these guys. Part of me, still loving these crazy super cars, is because of these guys.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:35   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Things are going very bad for DriveTribe. They lost a cool 100 crore rupees in just 2 years. Traffic stats are also terrible - Source.

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson's social media network, founded alongside fellow Grand Tour presenters Richard Hammond and James May, has lost £12.5m in its first two years.

Clarkson and co set up 'DriveTribe' to considerable fan-fare in November 2016 but new accounts filed this week show the company lost £4.2m in its first year and £8.3m in its second.
Old 30th August 2018, 18:06   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I follow Drivestribe via Facebook. Some of their post area quite amusing, sometime informative, some don’t matter that much to me.

But I still like to follow these three and see what they are up to!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 09:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Things are going very bad for DriveTribe. They lost a cool 100 crore rupees in just 2 years. Traffic stats are also terrible - Source.
It is very unstructured and unfocussed, I went there a couple of times but could not figure what makes it sticky, i.e. what would make you come back to it!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 08:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have the DriveTribe App installed. The quizzes are fun!!

I think I have tried almost all. But couldn't find much else amusing there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks