Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 16:54   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2019 Ford Ranger

Spied on test in Australia;

The 2019 Ford Ranger-2018_fordranger_spyphoto_01.jpg

The 2019 Ford Ranger-2018_fordranger_spyphoto_02.jpg

This will debut Ford's all new 3L Powerstroke V6 diesel.

A 10 speed A/T is also expected to make a debut.

Rumour is that there will be a Raptor version of this truck having the EcoBoost petrol as this time Ford plans to offer it in the North American market as well.

The design cues of the Ranger will be the building block for the Endeavour's facelift around 2019.

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 31st March 2017 at 16:58.
karan561 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 08:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is Ford planning to bring the baby beast, Raptor Ranger to India?

The 2019 Ford Ranger-raptor.jpg

Ford introduced the 2019 Ford Raptor Ranger today at a press conference in Thailand, and specifically mentioned it to be rolled out to the Asia Pacific market!
Is it not the first time the Raptor range introduced to this market? which opens up the potential for India market.

Now the interesting parts;
  • The Raptor comes with an all-new EcoBlue twin-turbo 2.0-liter diesel
  • 210 horsepower, 369 lb-ft of torque.
  • Fox Racing Shox dampers
  • Dent-resistant composite fenders
  • Integrated tow bar with tow hooks
  • BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
  • F-150 Raptor’s off-roading modes
  • A new 10-speed automatic transmission.

Source

The 2019 Ford Ranger-ford.jpg

The 2019 Ford Ranger-ecoblue.jpg

Last edited by sarathlal : 8th February 2018 at 08:48.
sarathlal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 10:26   #3
BHPian

210bhp and 500 Nm torque juiced out from 2.0 l!! The adage of 'No Replacement for Displacement' is being redefined by the advancements in Turbo technology!
Old 9th February 2018, 13:18   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Is Ford planning to bring the baby beast, Raptor Ranger to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Is it not the first time the Raptor range introduced to this market? which opens up the potential for India market.
Unlikely. I'd say Ford probably had Thailand on their minds; pickup trucks are incredibly popular there. No such market (for expensive pickups) in India.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2019 Ford Ranger

Few days ago Jalopnik had a nice article comparing the Ranger Raptor with F150 Raptor.

Engine
Name:  pslgtzeuqx6scdmztpqn.png
Views: 2382
Size:  49.8 KB
Torque number must be in lb-ft and not NM.

Shock Absorber
Name:  zsvjezh8kvk6ypmua4un.png
Views: 2370
Size:  43.0 KB
F150 Raptors shockabosrbers are 1.2" larger in diameter. Thats huge.

Here is the link:
https://jalopnik.com/how-the-ford-ra...apt-1822810030
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 11:33   #6
BHPian

2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Unbowed, unbent, unbroken by topgear.

Quote:
Let's talk about the 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor a bit here.It is not your dolled-up, accessorized, run-of-the-mill pickup truck. This little beast is far more than that. It's built more like a rally car than a typical rock crawler. Underneath its skin is a trick suspension system. This baby is fitted with Fox Racing coilovers. But what really impresses me most is the rear suspension that does away with the leaf spring setup found on the standard Ranger. Instead it features the aforementioned coilovers, long trailing arms, and a Watt's linkage regularly found on rally cars with solid rear axles. With its wide stance, meaty tires, and badass looks, this truck sure has presence.

Once at the entry of the forest, the driving instructor told us to go for it! Music to my ears! The forest section is a tight, washboard-smooth, tree-lined road that can fit one vehicle. It has foot-high berms to bounce off. The Ranger Raptor soaked up the road like ballerina gliding effortlessly across the dance floor. No fuss, no frills. Tight turns were a bit tricky due to its long wheelbase, but traction was very good.

Once out of the forest and into the banked dunes to test its stability, there's not much to write home about, but past this was a short straight that led into the angled wall jump. By this time the instructor is yelling "floor it, floor it!"What!? Really? OK! I mash the throttle and hit the jump with so much force the truck lunges into the air and hangs there for what seemed like eternity but in reality was no more than 3 seconds. I'm expecting to hit the landing hard, but the suspension soaks it all up and amazingly the truck is still in full control. In fact, the truck was airborne so long I completely missed the turn upon landing.

By then I was thinking that the Ranger Raptor is probably damaged already, but we're on the flat river bed where I'm supposed to go as fast as possible over the unforgiving terrain. Crashing and jumping flat-out for 2 kilometers, the truck stayed poised and controlled.

Not once did I feel I was in over my head or out of control. A quick U-turn under the bridge and we're flat-out again over the dunes and heading back into the forest section. I am thoroughly impressed with its suspension. While admittedly we were bottoming out in certain sections, the whole truck felt solid all throughout. The 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor definitely lives up to its name. Good luck finding anything that comes remotely close to it straight out of the showroom floor, at least for now.
Here's a list of 5 things I learned about driving over a lahar bed with the 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor:

Lahar is soft, fine sand much like concrete powder. Whenever stopping, let the dust settle before opening the door. An effecient air-conditioning system is a must if you plan on playing here. Bring extra air filters, too.

The Ranger Raptor utilizes an on-the-fly 4wd system which means you can switch between 2H, 4H and 4L with a flick of a switch.

The Ranger Raptor's traction control is very intrusive and prevented me from attaining higher speeds in the flat river bed section. I would've wanted this turned off completely but I can understand Ford's reluctance here for safety reasons.

The Ranger Raptor's Fox Racing suspension is IMPRESSIVE. Not once did the rearend get kicked up and lose composure. The balance of the truck was impeccable throughout the course. On top of that, the torquey motor provided plenty of grunt and you'd be hard pressed to think it was a diesel engine. And that 10 speed transmission was just sublime.

I walked away thoroughly impressed with this vehicle's capabilities. Ford Philippines sure hit the nail on the head with this one and the competition will be hard pressed to beat it. Now if only they built one with a 300+hp Ecoboost motor. That would surely be even more exciting.

Last edited by murthy_p : 13th December 2018 at 11:35.
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ford is secretly preparing a high-performance Raptor version of the Ranger, powered by the 5.0-litre V8 coming directly from the Mustang GT. This project would be the exclusive responsibility of the American brand's Australian teams. So there's a good chance that this Ford Ranger Raptor V8 will only arrive in Australia.

Source: https://drivetribe.com/p/the-ford-ra...ic_dtaustralia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks