Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2017, 14:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai exploring coupe-like SUV designs

HYUNDAI Motor Europe (HME) chief designer Thomas Burkle has revealed that coupe-SUV models are now high on the agenda, with the German-born former BMW executive explaining that the success of models such as the X6 now pave the way for a high-riding body style expansion.

Hyundai’s Intrado concept
Hyundai exploring coupe-like SUV designs-hyundai_intrado_large.jpg

This is also reinforced as seen in the latest promo video( at 1.12 mark) of Hyundai, a mysterious coupe style model is visible.

Hyundai exploring coupe-like SUV designs-111.jpg

Mr, Burkle adds,
Quote:
Definitely it’s very interesting to open the door for body variants in the SUV segment. (BMW) X6, of course, I know the whole history of that car and I think we will see a bandwidth of cars in the SUV segment as well because it is a growing segment.
Quote:
A swoopy, coupe-style two-door i30 has been confirmed to replace the outgoing traditional three-door hatchback on the switch from the 2012 GD to 2017 FD generation.
Hyundai's imminent shift to SUV-ish style is seen from its newest small CUV Kona as a step to expand to the current Tucson medium SUV and Santa Fe large SUV models.

Larger SUV models make more sense for a coupe spin-off.

Hyundai globally will also reveal at least two Genesis SUV models before 2020, the luxury-sports derivations of which could further see a coupe-style variant.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks