Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 15:24   #16
A M
BHPian

Re: GM Cruise AV: 1st production-ready car with no Steering Wheel or Pedals

Well.. no getting confused between right or left, now we have no-hand-drive cars.

With no steering at all, it would be fun to see these cars getting confused navigating through the mesh of small by-lanes of some of the old cities in India. (Image courtesy - Google)
Attached Thumbnails
GM Cruise AV: 1st production-ready car with no Steering Wheel or Pedals-6051645chawri_bazar_traffic0.jpg  

A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm so eagerly awaiting this technology to become a mainstream reality.
For far too long have errant, impatient, indisciplined and mostly incapable humans been permitted to wantonly drive weapons of destruction and death in public spaces; it needs to end!
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 19:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well, I do not think this would be coming to India anytime soon because the pic above explains everything.

With semi-autonomous driving cars that is already plying on the roads, showing signs of having autonomous driving cars soon to take the roads - I feel really bad thinking of our future generation who will not be able to experience the pleasure of driving an IC engine at all, the sound, the feel, the connect and what not!

Whilst I encourage the steps taken by the manufacturers to ensure safety of the occupants or the ones on the road, until & unless it's proven failsafe by scientists or some independent committee, it still poses a threat because computer minds cannot be read by the occupants instantly.

Somewhere I'm feeling things will go super-robot way and take the good away from us. Just like how its shown in the Terminator movie

God bless automobiles!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks