Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 21:40   #1
BHPian

nsx v10

you heard it right a v10 nsx is on the table hope it comes into production i bet its going to give Ferrari's and nissan a run for their money.
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - Update from Japan: 550hp '08 NSX and a new 7-passenger sub-CR-V Crossover

wonder is its coming to India.
Old 10th December 2006, 22:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

I doubt it will come to india...and damn...this thing is like a complete copy of the Aston from the front with a little R8 in it and the back also reminds me of the R8 or old style jap cars...but soemthing not original about it...

It would be a great car and a good competion to the upcoming GTR and Supra/LF-A
Old 11th December 2006, 11:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow, 550bhp from a 4.5 ltr V10 is pretty good. With a specific output of 122bhp/ltr, this even beats the old S2000s 120bhp/ltr mark.

But, the car design is a big let down (if that really is what the new NSX will eventually look like). Somehow, i fancy the HSC design (which was claimed to be the next NSX).

Shan2nu
Old 11th December 2006, 12:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I prefer this one any day !

Last edited by maxbhp : 11th December 2006 at 12:08.
Old 11th December 2006, 16:55   #5
BHPian

same here i take the nsx but you gota love the v10 a first i guess but the design is only a provable one i think they are gona make a better one.
Old 11th December 2006, 20:26   #6
BHPian

Wow thats good news for nsx fans like me
Old 12th December 2006, 00:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

The rear end is absolutely amazing, though.
Old 12th December 2006, 03:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Wow, 550bhp from a 4.5 ltr V10 is pretty good. With a specific output of 122bhp/ltr, this even beats the old S2000s 120bhp/ltr mark.

But, the car design is a big let down (if that really is what the new NSX will eventually look like). Somehow, i fancy the HSC design (which was claimed to be the next NSX).

Shan2nu

Shan2nu, do you realise BHP/LTR is for bench racers and really doesnt count

But surely this car will be the bomb but i would like to see who is the king in the jap ring GTR, NSX or LF-A

Interesting times..
Old 12th December 2006, 09:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan2nu, do you realise BHP/LTR is for bench racers and really doesnt count
Ofcourse it does. By producing high specific output, one can use a smaller/lighter engine. The NSX has always been a car you'd drive around corners and not in a straight line. A lighter engine helps reduce the overall weight of the car. And to think of it, 4.5 ltrs ain't that puny either.

Moreover, this is just the NSX we're looking at. The NSX R will surely be more powerful and lighter.

Shan2nu
Old 12th December 2006, 10:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse it does. By producing high specific output, one can use a smaller/lighter engine. The NSX has always been a car you'd drive around corners and not in a straight line. A lighter engine helps reduce the overall weight of the car. And to think of it, 4.5 ltrs ain't that puny either.

Moreover, this is just the NSX we're looking at. The NSX R will surely be more powerful and lighter.

Shan2nu
Not to go on a tangent or anything but...

Please show me the spec of the porsche engines which seem to be lighter in your option than the high litered engines...

But I can tell u for a fact that this is bogus...making the engine lighter doesnt automatically make the car handle better, NSX are good cars, but not to the greatest...

Last edited by 1Day : 12th December 2006 at 10:10.
Old 12th December 2006, 11:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I can tell u for a fact that this is bogus...making the engine lighter doesnt automatically make the car handle better, NSX are good cars, but not to the greatest...
I didn't say lighter engine improves handling, i said lighter engine helps reduce the weight of the vehicle. And this contributes towards better handling.

And whats wrong with having high specific output? 550bhp from 4.5ltrs is anyday better than 400-450bhp from the same engine. If the old NSX R had this kind of specific output, it would have produced 390bhp from it's 3.2 ltr engine (100bhp more than what it came with). Can you imagine how quick that would have made it?

Quote:
Please show me the spec of the porsche engines which seem to be lighter in your option than the high litered engines...
Nobody is talking about Porsches here, we're talking about the new NSX.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 12th December 2006 at 11:16.
Old 12th December 2006, 20:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't say lighter engine improves handling, i said lighter engine helps reduce the weight of the vehicle. And this contributes towards better handling.

And whats wrong with having high specific output? 550bhp from 4.5ltrs is anyday better than 400-450bhp from the same engine. If the old NSX R had this kind of specific output, it would have produced 390bhp from it's 3.2 ltr engine (100bhp more than what it came with). Can you imagine how quick that would have made it?

Nobody is talking about Porsches here, we're talking about the new NSX.

Shan2nu
I never doubt NSX's quickness..its a quick cat but the whole bhp/lt comparison is lame thats what I am tryign to get at, no one in their right mind can call NSX slow..but it aint the quikcest in the segment thats what I am trying to prove and bhp/lt really doesnt make it faster..

Anyhow there are plenty of ways to reduce weight and I can show you that bigger engines can infact be lighter than these high bhp/lt engines..

Also I brought prosche in because we dont know how much this new engine is going to weight and prosche is in the same business of making low literage engine with high bhp output thats y I said porsche..

And if you are basing all of this on Best Motoring videos then I will back off, since that mag is the biggest joke of a publication in the automotive world..

Last edited by 1Day : 12th December 2006 at 20:51.
Old 12th December 2006, 23:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never doubt NSX's quickness..its a quick cat but the whole bhp/lt comparison is lame thats what I am tryign to get at, no one in their right mind can call NSX slow..but it aint the quikcest in the segment thats what I am trying to prove and bhp/lt really doesnt make it faster..
Who said it was the quickest in its segment? I dunno from where you're getting these ideas? I just said it's got a good specific output. Have i compared to any of it's competitors? So, whats your point?

If a company is willing to extract more power from a small engine, why should anyone have a prob with that?

Quote:
And if you are basing all of this on Best Motoring videos then I will back off, since that mag is the biggest joke of a publication in the automotive world..
You've been watching the NSX vs Skyline vs Porsche 911 turbo vs 360 Modena vs Corvette - battle around Sugo, haven't you? There's no question of me considering "BMI" as i never compared the performance of the NSX with any car.

Shan2nu
Old 13th December 2006, 11:38   #14
BHPian

the nsx should not be mistaken for a slow car even when compared to other cars in its segment say it has 290 bhp might seen less but for a 1450 kg car thats a lot of hp and has a amazing torque of 304nm when compared to the r34 which has 276bhp and kerb weight for 1666kg is less and torque of 293nm which does 0-60 in 5.2sec and the nsx in 5.0 sec and comming to the engine point the stock nsx is only a v6 where as the skyline is i6tt and just imagine if we tt a nsx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks