Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 12:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Salesman from Michigan sells 1,582 cars in a year! Beats 44-year record

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'd say for aggressive dealerships, its more like 6-day work weeks with 10 hours of work daily.
For this guy probably even more.

Not sure these days, but in practice the actual transaction might need to take place during working hours and the Saturday. Cars need to be registered, loans need to be processed, insurance needs to be arranged. In Europe I could do it all online 24/7, but not so in the USA.

It's probably a bit better now, but even so, American customers buy cars the way they buy a loaf of bread. It's very impulsive. The moment they think they would like a new car, they rock up to their nearest dealer and they want to have the brand new car, registered, loan arranged, paid for, insured etc within 60-90 minutes. And of course their old car needs to be part exchanged as well including all the paperwork.

When you visit a car dealer, you will drive away with your new car, that's the rule.

Slightly off topic; when we lived in Kansas City none of the car dealers, even the very large ones, were open on Sundays. Just about any shop, small and large tended to be open. (with the exception of certain shops such as HobbyLobby whom stay close for religious reasons). It might have been partly due to the fact that they just couldnt arrange the necessary paperwork on a Sunday.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:35   #17
BHPian

Re: Salesman from Michigan sells 1,582 cars in a year! Beats 44-year record

I work as Sales Consultant with Porsche Centre Dubai. My numbers have been between 10-20 units per month for the past 5 years.

1582 with retail customers is impossible in the year 2017 (Due to sheer number of dealerships). There must be quite some fleet deals in there. Joe Girard era was different & he did only retails, i believe. Congrats to Ali Reda; Retail or Fleet, i can roughly assume what he made.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks