Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 02:24   #1
BHPian

Mercedes-Benz Canada service fraud - S63 AMG dashcam video

Mercedes Benz Canada Service Fraud - S63 AMG Dashcam Video!

Daniel Sheikhan took his Mercedes S63 AMG for a service in Mississauga, Canada. He left the dashcam on and then played back what happened.

A service does seem to have been attempted. But for 11 minutes, Sheikhan says he was charged for 90 minutes of labor and the transmission service that he'd asked for wasn't even done.

The car appears to have been taken to a Wendy's in order to get some ice cream. 4 ice creams, to be precise.

At one point, a person in the car picks up the phone, and the caller at the dealership reminds the worker that the parts for the service call are in the trunk. The customer had purchased the parts himself.

“Nobody said anything,” says one worker. The other worker tells him that it’s written on the service order, saying, “I read that when I hit print, I started the car for you.”

“How much did this guy save by buying the parts himself?” asks the other service worker.

The first worker later adds, “Thing is, it’s an S-63, you’d think this guy has money.”

“The richer they are, the cheaper they are,” says the other worker.

This allegedly occurred in 2015 and for those wondering why its emerging only now - "My lawyers also told me not to share the video anywhere until we hear back from Mercedes because if we share the video there's not much to negotiate so I held onto the video and then after two years when I realize they are not replying or even interested I just decided to post it to raise awareness," he told Jalopnik.

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2018 at 08:56. Reason: Strictly no abusive language on Team-BHP, not even indirectly
rubicon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 03:39   #2
BHPian

re: Mercedes-Benz Canada service fraud - S63 AMG dashcam video

I am utterly shocked and disappointed at seeing this video! I really never thought that these kind of things happen in first world countries. A bit of shoddy workmanship, sure, but this is another level. It has now shaken my trust with leaving a car in a dealership's hands even here in Europe. Is this what we can expect after spending so much of money on a car?
That first mechanic should be . He takes someone else's expensive toy, and just outright abuses it. The poor owner's heart must have been broken after watching the dashcam recording. I don't know how he handled the situation, but I would have been livid if I was in his place. How dare someone treat my hard earned money like that? $170,000 is no small amount of money.

And if it is true that Mercedes-Benz has not replied to the owner on this at all, then shame on them not taking any action against this complaint. It is an embarrassment to the company, and the brand as a whole. Yes, it might be only this dealership which has done something like this, but at the end of the day, the dealership is the front face of the company, and they should be concerned about their reputation in the market, especially more so in the premium segment.

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 9th April 2018 at 03:42.
Joxster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 09:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz Canada service fraud - S63 AMG dashcam video

Reminds me of that other thread where some eyewash service was performed on a Baleno a few months back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vi-motors.html
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks