Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 18:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

A mass movement against wrong parking in Germany

Germany’s Traffic Club (Verkehrsclub Deutschland (VCD) ) and Clever Cities (Clevere Städte) launched a drive yesterday (28/05/2018) in Berlin against wrong parking by using spray cream or balloons on the errant cars. The VCD and Clever Cities had suggested people work together to carry falsely parked cars out of the way. Stuttgart had taken the lead acting against wrong parking earlier this year.

Bicycle lanes have been freed in a few locations by use of traffic cones. Cyclists have to tread into the dangerous traffic in places, where the bicycle lanes have been blocked.

Further campaigns are planned in the cities including Bonn, Münster, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hanover, Darmstadt, Magdeburg, Wiesbaden and Halle.

With the incident about a 20 cm long nail, pierced on the hood of a wrongly parked car allegedly by an activist, the German police said that possible, dangerous situations caused by parking offenders and activists should not violate laws.

Ballons and spray cream: nationwide campaign launched against illegal parking

Last edited by aah78 : 29th May 2018 at 18:57. Reason: Link fixed.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 21:26   #2
BHPian

re: A mass movement against wrong parking in Germany

Germans are seasoned and disciplined people and I understand the irritation they have about it. Don't know how would they feel if we ask them to drive through some of our narrow lanes of Shivaji Nagar Bangalore or Broadway of Chennai.

I support the intention, nevertheless, I do not agree with people taking law in their hands. Mistakes in judgement can happen from both sides i.e from a parker's perspective as well as a person who judges it as wrong parking. If everyone who perceives a wrong parking, damages the car, that would cause havoc.

The authority to punish better remain with a documented system, let the cops do their job. Well, one can always alert the cops about wrong parking.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks