Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 10:10   #16
BHPian

re: Brand Chrysler might be dead soon

One of my favourite rental car here in US is Chrysler 300 until last year. Since I switched to Hertz premier circle, Now I am getting my hands on Infiniti, Mercedes etc as rental car. This is bound to happen as most of the cars are sold only for rental fleet and personal sales has dwindled a lot. Blame the electronic gremlins and other recurring issues on the cars for this slow death.

It is seriously good car and it resembles a Rolls Royce atleast to me in the looks department . I was told once by an old American gentleman that you are driving a poor man's Ghost when we stopped for refueling in a remote village somewhere in Arkansas during a road trip. Did some insane speeds in this car as it feels stable due to its weight and length. Nevertheless I got my first and only speeding ticket in a 300 during our road trip .

I have attached sample pics of the car's exterior and interior. Too lazy to connect my hard-drive. So googled and got the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Brand Chrysler might be dead soon-1200px2012_chrysler_300_limited__nhtsa.jpg  

Brand Chrysler might be dead soon-2018chrysler300dashboard03.jpeg  

hema4saran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 10:16   #17
BHPian

Don't know if it is exactly relevant, but just read this news

Waymo Adds 62,000 Fiat Chrysler Minivans to Its Self-Driving Fleet

Quote:
Google-owned*Waymo*is adding as many as 62,000 Fiat Chrysler minivans to its autonomous fleet in an expanded collaboration announced by the companies on Thursday.

Delivery of the Chrysler Pacifica minivans was expected to begin later this year, with the automaker also exploring the potential to build Waymo technology into a self-driving car it might add to its model line-up for consumers.

"FCA is committed to bringing self-driving technology to our customers in a manner that is safe, efficient and realistic," chief executive officer Sergio Marchionne said in a release.
Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/transportat...mpression=true

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2018 at 11:20. Reason: Please use QUOTE tags whenever you are using 3rd-party content
Old 1st June 2018, 10:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Brand Chrysler might be dead soon

Looks like premature. Only today Fiat-Chrysler announced self driving cars. These cost a fair amount to develop. So maybe it is a last ditch effort at survival.
Old 2nd June 2018, 11:25   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Brand Chrysler might be dead soon

Of all the major car brands, Chrysler has had the most close shaves with death. In the 80s, before Iacocca saved it. Then Daimler wanted nothing to do with it and sold it to an investment firm, fully knowing that they wouldn't be able to handle it. Then in 2008 when the US Government bailed it out. And now, again...

I frankly don't like the FCA management at all. They're like takeover artists who strip & sell. Even family jewels like Ferrari were spun off, while there are plans to do the same to profitable Magneti Marelli.

Of all the automotive CEOs, Sergio Marchionne is my least favourite.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 13:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Brand Chrysler might be dead soon

Chrysler Survives - Chrysler realigned as MPV-focused, shared mobility brand!

Quote:
Despite speculation that Chrysler might not survive Sergio Marchionne’s five-year plan, the brand lives on thanks to its partnership with Google’s Waymo mobility app
Quote:
Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne clarified Chrysler’s place in the industry at today’s mid-term plan presentation to investors, saying: “Dodge needs to continue the particular space as a performance brand, and we need to continue to build on that core skill. The minivan business space will be filled by Chrysler, filling the mobility solution in the US market.
Source:
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks