Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2018, 19:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: How Hyundai lost its shine in China & US

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Interesting take and I partly agree.. buyers of Santro up until Verna may find the dealership and ownership experience more than satisfactory if not luxurious (as far as the dealerships in Bangalore are concerned) but go a level higher to Elantra or Tucson and one can find the attention to detail, discernment and that special feeling disappear fast.

Hyundai must work on this aspect.. their service stations are tiny and its a nightmare to take in big cars. I hope there is a plan to bring in the Sonata and Kona soon, if so Hyundai must act as an affordable luxury car manufacturer selling mass market cars and not the other way around.
Hey - My comment was with regard to the US market, not the indian one. Until very recently, hyundai's and kia's got sold to buyers at the bottom end of the market who could not get credit and finance elsewhere, and dealers used to treat selling them as a favour to these more or less subprime buyers. Now that they have decent products, they are beginning to attract mainstream buyers, who are still treated by dealers the same way.

Imagine a Kia stinger GT prospect, who is cross shopping several other premium cars being treated the same way as a customer looking for an entry level hatch!
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 03:11   #17
BHPian

Re: How Hyundai lost its shine in China & US

Here is the video explaining clearly the problem with Hyundai's premium brand Genesis here in USA.

They were selling well up until last year but this year they went down because of lack of dealerships. They will regain the momentum soon because these cars are great and comes with industry leading warranty and features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks