Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 19:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard

Lexus just introduced a luxury minivan at the Shanghai car show
Lexus LM 300H

Quote:
Lexus introduced the brand's first minivan on Tuesday at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The Lexus LM will soon be available for sale in China and is designed to only be a posh family van, but it can also be optioned as a luxurious executive limo.

The LM will be available in both four and seven-seat configurations. The seven-seat LM will feature second-row captain's chairs with a third-row bench, perfect for use as a plush family hauler. The four-seat LM is more suited for executive limousine duties.

In four-seat limo guise, the LM will come available with reclining captain's chairs, a 26-inch entertainment screen, a 19-speaker sound system, noise reducing glass, and an in-car refrigerator.

Power for the LM 350 will come a 3.5-liter naturally aspirated V6 while the LM300h will be powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder Atkinson Cycle engine paired with a hybrid drive system. The LM will be offered with both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard-dsc4896.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 12:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard

Lexus LM is luxury MPV based on Alphard .It is offered with both four- and seven-seat layout and gets two engine options - V6 petrol and a 4-cylinder hybrid. Launched in China; other Asian markets to get it later this year.

Let the video do the talking :

Last edited by fz_rider : 18th April 2019 at 12:12.
fz_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 15:28   #3
BHPian

re: 2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard

OMG!!! Just look at the size of the car on that grill

Lexus - Please find a way to somehow split the bulk of your grills tastefully. This one is just humongous!

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 15:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

A world wide phenomenon, of hammering on the ugliest possible grill, ever imaginable, is underway.
BMW, Hyundai and Lexus are the current participants in this phenomenon. However, it looks like Lexus is clearly winning.

I really want to have a glance of the person who conceived this ugli-ness, this CATARACT-Inducing sight!

Jokes aside, Apart from scaring away babies and elder folks, this King-OF-grills, can be used by our stray dogs and cattle to scratch their itchy backsides also.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 17:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
OMG!!! Just look at the size of the car on that grill

Lexus - Please find a way to somehow split the bulk of your grills tastefully. This one is just humongous!

Cheers
Just tried this at work. How does it feel?

2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard-sample_lex.jpg

The interiors are so cool! Wish such vans where available in India at a decent pricing. But then no-one here buys vans! The Nissan Evalia for example.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 19:06   #6
BHPian

To be honest, I like these premium vans. They do make sense on paper but the pricing ruins it. The V-Class should act as a better measure for the demand in this segment. Though based on what I know about Lexus's India strategy we won't get vehicles like this one. Their aim isn't just units, but reviving the premium Lexus brand image, and launching a van might not help. I really hope they consider launching more vehicles though! Especially cars like the IS300h
AnInternetUser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 19:27   #7
BHPian

Looks like an MPV that crashed its face into a fence and said "Hey this looks good on me" and drove away with it.

This is the kind of design I would create if I ran out of time for submission and my boss was ready with a lethal injection coupled with an electric chair for me, all with legal paperwork. So I move the mouse to the edges of the grill, drag it downwards and cover the unfinished area with it. A risky gamble but one that buys me time.

Manufacturers are increasingly resorting to hideous stretched out grills. Hyundai Venue is the latest monstrosity to hit us. Mouths of cars can be smiling, angry, droopy or geeky but not open. If I want to see a big open mouth I will watch a Freddie Mercury video.
Malyaj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 20:27   #8
BHPian

Re: 2019 Lexus LM - Luxury MPV based on the Toyota Alphard

Only two seats at the rear?

If so, why would anyone pick this over a proper luxury sedan?
Old 19th April 2019, 22:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
Only two seats at the rear?

If so, why would anyone pick this over a proper luxury sedan?
Easy ingress and egress for one, you can practically walk into and out of this van. proper luxury is debatable. It could either be stylish and use the best wood and leather, or it can also be a comfortable space itself, and nothing beats a big van at that. It is almost like a small living room.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 01:02   #10
BHPian

Absolutely hideous looking grille. And I can't unsee the resemblance with the alien from the Predator movie. All that's needed are the two bottom fangs.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 16:34   #11
BHPian

Re: Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Lexus just introduced a luxury minivan at the Shanghai car show
Lexus LM 300H
Is this based on the Alphard? I feel they need to focus more on making cars from the ground up instead of taking Toyota products and making them more "luxurious". The gap between the two brands is starting to diminish as evidenced by the latest Camry. Being a current Lexus and an ex- Toyota customer, do you feel the same way?
Oh, and that grill is probably the world's first visual anti-theft device on a car. So ugly that one look at it and any thief would drop their idea of stealing the van.

Last edited by Iyencar : 20th April 2019 at 16:36.
Iyencar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 17:52   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driven: The Lexus Range (ES 300h, RX 450h & LX 450d)

Yes I am concerned that the gap between the top end of Toyota and Lexus is getting uncomfortably narrow. This seems to be a game similar to Audi vs VW vs Skoda is. Not a healthy sign. The new Camry, as I said on that thread, is as good on the interior & mechanics give or take a little as compared to my previous model Lexus ES300h. Time to give feedback to Lexus I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Is this based on the Alphard? I feel they need to focus more on making cars from the ground up instead of taking Toyota products and making them more "luxurious". The gap between the two brands is starting to diminish as evidenced by the latest Camry. Being a current Lexus and an ex- Toyota customer, do you feel the same way?
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 20:04   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a competition to design the ugliest car front ever? Gosh! Lexus or not, this one is hideous. That grille is awful!
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 23:54   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

My first thought was, "Thad, do try to remember that this is a serious motoring forum, and refrain from just posting about the grill..." But it looks like I'm far from alone. It looks like some sort of street-cleaning machine.

For some reason, the straight line from front to rear makes it look like a hearse. This will sell well to European funeral companies.

Not really interested in Lexus, but the only one I've ever been in was rather nice, so I clicked on this thread. Sadly disappointed.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 00:49   #15
BHPian

The Toyota Alphard's grill was never good looking in the first place. Lexus has now made Alphard's grill look beautiful with a awful design. Lexus has created an opportunity for Toyota to launch it in India with a price north of 1 crore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks