Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 16:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante

Aston Martin has unveiled the DBS Superleggera Volante, a convertible based on the DBS Superleggera. The prices start at GBP 247,500 in the UK with deliveries scheduled from Q3 2019.

The car measures 4,715 mm long, 2,145 mm wide, 1,295 mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2,805 mm. The dry weight of the car is 1,863 kg and the Volante boasts a 50:50 weight distribution.

The convertible car gets a large Aston grille with large side air intakes at the front and LED headlamps with V-shaped DRLs. The long carbon fibre bonnet gets two air vents. There's also an air vent behind the front wheels. From the side, the car gets a prominent shoulder line that rises over the rear wheels, creases on the lower door areas and flush sitting door handles. The rear gets a double diffuser for better aerodynamics, a slim spoiler, quad circular exhaust pipes and slim tail lights.

The interiors are unchanged from the coupe. It comes with eight layers of insulation materials and acoustically enhancing materials and an optional carbon fibre windshield surround. The company claims that the roof can be put down in 14 seconds and up in 16 seconds. The roof can be operated from inside the car or from the key fob within a two meter radius of the car.

The DBS Superleggera Volante is powered by a 5.2-liter bi-turbo, V12 engine producing 715 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 900 Nm of torque @ 1,800-5,000 rpm. Power is sent the rear wheels via a carbon fibre prop shaft and an 8-speed automatic ZF gearbox. The British carmaker claims a 0-100 km/h time of 3.6 seconds and a top speed of 339.57 km/h.

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante-145ac935ac586774c9486ce8abf64c1b.jpg

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante-81a8523e2db48ab08b3d37f0c61ba3e3.jpg

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante-4978426f84e06efc49230d74737a35e9.jpg

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante-0cfcd21cb5be348d2b25725a16732c69.jpg

Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante-a497c3716cc257dc538949193139a13e.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 24th April 2019 at 16:13.
blackwasp is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 16:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aston Martin unveils the convertible DBS Superleggera Volante

What a gorgeous car. Aston Martin does not stop cranking out design after design each of which are achingly beautiful. Something about the proportions of a AM, with perfect synergy of curves and lines, never fail to hit the spot.

The numbers are pretty insane, too. And not to forget, the ethereal Aton Martin soundtrack of a fast disappearing breed : the full fat V12 engine.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 16:53   #3
BHPian

This is one of those brands which doesn't seem to stop pumping out V12's one after another, which is a rare one these days. And the design is something that no one will beat Aston Martin. These guys know how to DESIGN!

And those engine note is aural pleasure and out of this world. I fell in love the moment I saw it in Grand Tour where it was driven by Jeremy. Aston does know how to make awesome, fun to drive, crazy speed, luxurious car. Wish I can drive one someday.
xcentrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 08:40   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
What a gorgeous car. Aston Martin does not stop cranking out design after design each of which are achingly beautiful. Something about the proportions of a AM, with perfect synergy of curves and lines, never fail to hit the spot.
Agreed, a gorgeous car indeed.

UK might not have any major British-owned car manufacturers left, and manufacturing in the country will also suffer due to Brexit, but gosh, almost all British marques make fabulous looking cars....consistently. Case in point:

Land Rover / Range Rover (best looking SUVs IMO)
Aston Martin
Rolls Royce
Mini
Bentley (although Bentley has some garish looking cars)

For a country that's not known for design or style, it's quite impressive! You'd be hard-pressed to see any ugly / weird car from a British marque.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 09:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Aston Martin
Land Rover does make some fantastic looking SUVs. The Evoque is a personal favourite, coupling compact dimensions with great looks. Perfect self-driven luxury city SUV.

A family friend had recently picked up an Aston Martin DB11, and of course, I was there at his place as soon as he had taken delivery. I didnt have the courage to take out the brand new supercar for a spin, even though he very magnanimously agreed to let me do so (his house is in a very narrow lane, and I was not prepared to manouever the car out from his up-sloped garage into it, and then combat Bangalore bikers and autos with the mammoth DB11). The drive is scheduled for the near future.

But I did let her rev to the redline several times in his closed garage. If there ever was an occasion in my life when my hair stood on end, this was it. The soundtrack of an Aston Martin is a symphony like no other - and this was in a stationary car. I can only imagine how an actual drive will be like.

I remember that once I revved her to my heart's content and the dust had settled (literally and figuratively), I could hear street dogs howling at the end of his lane!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 25th April 2019 at 09:25.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 10:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

UK might not have any major British-owned car manufacturers left, and manufacturing in the country will also suffer due to Brexit, but gosh, almost all British marques make fabulous looking cars....consistently. Case in point:

Aston Martin
Rolls Royce
Mini
Bentley (although Bentley has some garish looking cars)

For a country that's not known for design or style, it's quite impressive! You'd be hard-pressed to see any ugly / weird car from a British marque.

I wish only if other car-makers take a lesson or two from these British car-makers on how to make gorgeous, stunning car and not some body panels attached to some ugly, large grille(Looking at you, Toyota!). The only other guys who knows about design next to British in IMO is, Americans and Italians!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks