Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2019, 15:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla

Aston Martin has unveiled the Valhalla, a mid-engined hypercar. Codenamed the AM-RB 003, it is co-developed with Red Bull Advanced Technologies and Adrian Newey. Only 500 units will be produced.

The car gets a full-width airdam at the front, a small intake on the bonnet as well as air intakes on the sides behind the window and a roof scoop. It also appears to get a rear spoiler. Featuring an all-carbon fibre construction, the hypercar will be powered by a turbocharged V6 petrol engine and a battery-electric hybrid system.

In Norse mythology, Valhalla translates to 'the hall of the fallen', where souls of those who are slain in battle go.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-aston_martin_valhalla01jpg.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:45   #2

Re: Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla

Is it only me or the front end suddenly reminded me of Daffy and Donald Duck?
OmEnuS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:19   #3
BHPian

Here are some pictures I took of the mock-up AM-RB 003 they had at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. Also, for some interesting high-level information on the car, see the attached customer brochure (PDF).
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-amrb-0031.jpg  

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-amrb-0032.jpg  

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-amrb-0033.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AM-RB 003 Customer Brochure.pdf (3.08 MB, 404 views)
meta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 18:07   #4
BHPian

Guys, this is the next James Bond car. It will be featured in the next film along with these two beauties (below).

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-aston1.jpg

Top Gear

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-aadhoyk.jpeg

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-images-2.jpeg

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-images-1.jpeg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 23rd June 2019 at 18:11.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 22:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta View Post
Here are some pictures I took of the mock-up AM-RB 003 they had at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. Also, for some interesting high-level information on the car, see the attached customer brochure (PDF).
Dear @meta, in your eye catching introduction you wrote and I quote,

"
Quote:
.....As I grew up, I focused entirely and solely on work and kept my automotive passion in check until I could actually afford some bucket list cars. Once that happened though, I did get seriously into all things automotive. I have been fortunate in eventually having the time and the means to acquire and experience some of the greatest cars ever created. Today, I'm a customer of several iconic brands, including "mainstream" supercar brands such as Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren, and Lamborghini, and some not-so-usual suspects such as Bugatti, Koenigsegg, and Pagani.
" Quote closed.

Eagerly looking forward to you posting pictures of these gorgeous cars you own. I am sure there are several other members waiting too with bated breath.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:28   #6
BHPian

Update on the Valhalla
Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-4dcf2966e086443494b29770c56cfb12.png

I have the impression a lot of people who had deposits on Valhalla’s have pulled them by now.

Deliveries are now expected to start in 2023
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...or-2023-launch

Last edited by Darkviper : 26th February 2021 at 12:40.
Darkviper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 19:28   #7
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkviper View Post
Update on the Valhalla
Attachment 2126031

I have the impression a lot of people who had deposits on Valhalla’s have pulled them by now.

Deliveries are now expected to start in 2023
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...or-2023-launch
I had a deposit on a Valhalla and pulled it in early 2020. Of the ten or so people I knew who originally had deposits on Valhallas, all have pulled them long ago.
SSO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 12:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSO View Post
I had a deposit on a Valhalla and pulled it in early 2020. Of the ten or so people I knew who originally had deposits on Valhallas, all have pulled them long ago.
Considering you pulled the deposit in 2020, is it because you knew back then that Aston Martin was looking at plonking the Mercedes hybrid engine or is it because of the fact that Aston Martin wouldn't deliver on time?

Now that there are confirmed reports about the Mercedes Engine, I feel like you dodged a bullet considering it will now take more time for them to deliver.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 18:27   #9
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Considering you pulled the deposit in 2020, is it because you knew back then that Aston Martin was looking at plonking the Mercedes hybrid engine or is it because of the fact that Aston Martin wouldn't deliver on time?

Now that there are confirmed reports about the Mercedes Engine, I feel like you dodged a bullet considering it will now take more time for them to deliver.
Back when I pulled the deposit it had more to do with the fact that it had become clear that what Aston had originally promised the Valhalla would be is not what they would be delivering and a major concern that if Aston did go into bankruptcy depositors would be wiped out.
SSO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 11:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back when I pulled the deposit it had more to do with the fact that it had become clear that what Aston had originally promised the Valhalla would be is not what they would be delivering and a major concern that if Aston did go into bankruptcy depositors would be wiped out.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did AM originally mention a NA V12 engine and now I read this post above with a 4 cylinder being mentioned.. or am I thinking of a completely different project.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 19:42   #11
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did AM originally mention a NA V12 engine and now I read this post above with a 4 cylinder being mentioned.. or am I thinking of a completely different project.
I think you might be thinking of the Valkyrie.

When I had my first discussion with Aston on the Valhalla back in 2019 they were talking about a 8 cylinder twin turbo. That then became a new to be developed hybrid V6 and now it looks like it might be a 4 cylinder Mercedes sourced hybrid.

I just finished writing an article on Aston's 2020 results and its amazing at what a fiasco both the Valkyrie and Valhalla projects have been. The Valkyrie will be delivered almost 4 years late and the Valhalla is currently at least 2.
SSO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 01:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
When I had my first discussion with Aston on the Valhalla back in 2019 they were talking about a 8 cylinder twin turbo.
Were they just verbally mentioning an 8-cylinder engine or did your deposit paperwork actually say that?

I placed a deposit on the AM-RB-003 in early 2018. At the time, Dealers and Aston Martin representatives were consistent in the ambiguity of their messaging on the (sparse) technical specifications when it came to the engine: "All New Aston Martin Turbocharged Engine - Hybrid Power - Target Combined Power Output of 1000bhp".

I tried to probe them further on details of the engine and although they wouldn't say anything definitive at the time, I was nearly certain based on the result of the Twenty Questions approach that it was going to be a 6-cylinder engine.

There was also talk of making a track-only version to race in the WEC / Le Mans 24 Hours. The delivery timeframe of the road car (coupe) back then was late 2021. I say "coupe" because by Geneva 2019, a removable-roof version was also in the cards.

I did cancel too last year after I got tired of not getting any meaningful updates for far too long, a scenario made only worse by how Aston Martin was doing as a company, which in turn was made worse still by COVID-19.

The Valkyrie was far more intriguing, but I passed on it (both the road car and the track car) when it was originally offered to me nearly 5 years ago. That was a surprising move for me because I have a hard time saying no to cool cars, but it doesn't sound like a terrible decision in retrospect. Even if they make it, and even if it delivers all that it promised, it's far too late and there are plenty of exciting alternatives around.

Last edited by meta : 1st March 2021 at 01:27. Reason: Typo
meta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 01:25   #13
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta View Post
Were they just verbally mentioning an 8-cylinder engine or did your deposit paperwork actually say that?

I placed a deposit on the AM-RB-003 in early 2018. At the time, Dealers and Aston Martin representatives were consistent in the ambiguity of their messaging on the (sparse) technical specifications when it came to the engine: "All New Aston Martin Turbocharged Engine - Hybrid Power - Target Combined Power Output of 1000bhp".

I tried to probe them further on details of the engine and although they wouldn't say anything definitive at the time, I was nearly certain based on the result of the Twenty Questions approach that it was going to be a 6-cylinder engine.

There was also talk of making a track-only version to race in the WEC / Le Mans 24 Hours. The delivery timeframe of the road car (coupe) back then was late 2021. I say "coupe" because by Geneva 2019, a removable-roof version was also in the cars.

I did cancel too last year after I got tired of not getting any meaningful updates for far too long, a scenario made only worse by how Aston Martin was doing as a company, which in turn was made worse still by COVID-19.

The Valkyrie was far more intriguing, but I passed on it (both the road car and the track car) when it was originally offered to me nearly 5 years ago. That was a surprising move for me because I have a hard time saying no to cool cars, but it doesn't sound like a terrible decision in retrospect. Even if they make it, and even if it delivers all that it promised, it's far too late and there are plenty of exciting alternatives around.
The discussion on the 8 cylinder was only verbal. There was nothing in the paperwork on engine specs. The one thing I did note on the paperwork was they were very specific about the Valhalla being 500 coupes only and I was told unofficially they were planning on 300-500 convertibles/targas to follow. At this point whatever the originally Valhalla was supposed to be appears quite dead.

I think you made a very smart decision to pass on the Valkyrie. From what I heard they have had major challenges getting it to run properly and a few of the prototypes have caught fire. Cooling is a major issue apparently. Also apparently Stroll has gotten involved and pushed to get costs down. The Valkyrie was supposed to be Newey's car but his involvement seems a long way away at this point.
SSO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 02:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The opening image reminded me of the Jaguar C-X75 driven by Bautista in the Bond movie Spectre (2015), Especially the headlamp design language
Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-cx75.jpg

Last edited by TrackDay : 1st March 2021 at 02:09.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 19:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

The Aston Martin Valhalla has been revealed in production form. Interior images of the production Valhalla are yet to be revealed.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-99astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealherofront.jpg

The original bespoke V6 petrol engine has been swapped out for a Mercedes-AMG-built twin-turbo hybridised 4.0-litre V8 powertrain producing 740bhp. Power is sent to the rear wheels via an all-new bespoke eight-speed dual-clutch transmission and electronic limited-slip differential.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-98astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealrear.jpg

The powertrain is supplemented by two electric motors – one on each axle – raising the combined maximum output to 937hp and 1000Nm. 0-100km/h sprint to be completed in a claimed 2.5 seconds, on the way to a top speed of 330km/h.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-97astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealside.jpg

In electric-only mode, power is sent exclusively to the front wheels, and a lithium-ion battery pack provides a claimed maximum range of 15km at speeds of up to 130km/h

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-96astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealnose.jpg

Bespoke Michelin tyres wrap around 20-inch front and 21-inch rear alloy wheels. Stopping power comes via carbon-ceramic discs at all four corners of the car.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-95astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealrearend.jpg

The car weighs 1550kg, and a large diffuser, front splitter, and rear wing provide a claimed 600kg of downforce at 240km/h in the suspension-lowering ‘Track’ setting.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-93astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealheadlights.jpg

Aston Martin says it is targeting a six-minute and 30-second lap time at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Aston Martin AM-RB 003 named Valhalla-85astonmartinvalhallaofficialrevealreardiffuser.jpg

Aston Martin has confirmed the vehicle will be built in both left- and right-hand-drive configurations. Just 500 examples of the Aston Martin Valhalla are slated for production. The first deliveries have been promised in 2023.

Aston Martin Valhalla teaser

First look videos

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th July 2021 at 20:01.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks