Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2007, 19:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

2008 Toyota Highlander,and Highlander hybrid launched

Loosely based on the current Camry platform, the Highlander is four inches longer, three inches wider, and rides on a three inch longer wheelbase than the previous generation

Second row occupants will find more legroom and adjustable captain’s chairs that recline and offer 4.7 inches of fore/aft travel. For those who want a second-row bench, the Highlander hides a center seat in a compartment between the front seats that provides room for three.

The sole powertrain in the ‘08 Highlander is a 270-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 mated to a five-speed automatic (the 155-horsepower four-cylinder model is dead). While the 3.5-liter has 55 more horses than the previous Highlander’s optional 3.3-liter V-6, the dimensional increases add a claimed 500 pounds to the new Highlander’s curb weight

Exterior styling is in the current Toyota SUV idiom—that is, it looks like a bloated RAV4. Toyota calls it “intelligence over toughness”

Source:
2008 Toyota Highlander - Auto Shows - Car and Driver February 2007

Toyota Announces New 2008 Highlander Hybrid

Sadly, the powertrain for the 2008 Highlander Hybrid is a carryover from the previous model.
Old 8th February 2007, 21:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

looks good ....
any chances of it to come to INDIA > ?
and by the way where is the FORTUNER ? It was suppose to be launched like a year and a half back .
the last news i heard about the fortuner was that it was delayed because of INNOVAS production .....
Old 8th February 2007, 22:06   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

karan-bhai,

What Fortuner? Which Fortuner? Oh, THAT Fortuner. That Fortuner which wont come to India in any near future, according to its unofficial dubious source: Toyota India.

Expect only "Mummy, Daddy, Tommy da kutta aur meri BIG small car" with "the most fuel efficient small engine" and butterflies all around. Narrated by an annoying lady's voice disguised as a kid's. The fuel efficiency's good, of course, me being a tree-hugger
Old 8th February 2007, 23:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

LoLz ....
sry i asked ....
Old 9th February 2007, 00:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Expect only "Mummy, Daddy, Tommy da kutta aur meri BIG small car"
Even Tommy has a dog? Now this is some family where the pet dog has his own dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The fuel efficiency's good, of course, me being a tree-hugger
Well we're planning a campaign of stoning tree-huggers at the Speedrun meet, good thing you've run away & are not coming!!

Last edited by iraghava : 9th February 2007 at 00:28.
Old 9th February 2007, 01:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thank goodness its been refreshed. The old one looked horribly outdated by todays standards.
Old 9th February 2007, 10:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Even Tommy has a dog? Now this is some family where the pet dog has his own dog
Ragman, India's becoming rich. My own dog has his personal assistant currently with whom I gotta take an appointment to pet my original dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well we're planning a campaign of stoning tree-huggers at the Speedrun meet, good thing you've run away & are not coming!!
Thats what ya think. Just you wait. I gotta surprise for the Speedrun. Clue: Where will the cars speedily run if there are craters on the racetrack?
Oops, I think I divulged too much.
Old 11th May 2020, 19:56   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2008 Toyota Highlander,and Highlander hybrid launched

New Toyota Highlander in all-wheel-drive hybrid as well. Revealed for Europe.

- Large SUV to go on sale here for first time next year, with 241bhp petrol-electric powe-rtrain and all-wheel-drive.

- The three-row ( 7 seat) SUV joins the already wide range of Toyota high-riding models
Quote:
will be offered exclusively with a hybrid-powered Highlander. Under the hood, it has a 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine, supported by front and rear electric motors and a nickel-metal hydride battery. The peak output is rated at 244 horsepower (182 kilowatts) with CO2 emissions of 146 g/km and an average fuel consumption of 6,6 l/100 km, both measured by the new WLTP cycle.
2008 Toyota Highlander,and Highlander hybrid launched-f1.png

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks