Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 17:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

UK: Suzuki Baleno, Celerio discontinued

Suzuki has discontinued the Celerio and the Baleno in the UK. According to a media report, only a few ex-demonstrator cars will be sold but no new unregistered cars will be sold.

UK: Suzuki Baleno, Celerio discontinued-suzukibaleno.jpg

The report suggests that the company will instead focus on better-selling cars like the Ignis, Swift, S-Cross, and the Vitara. The carmaker is said to be preparing its line-up for future emission regulations.

The Celerio was launched in 2015. In Europe, Suzuki sold 21,000 units in 2018. In comparison, the Ignis sold more than two times the number. The Baleno was launched in 2016 and sold 15,000 units in 2018 in Europe. In comparison, the Swift sold 55,000 units.

UK: Suzuki Baleno, Celerio discontinued-suzukiceleriorrt2015005.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Source: Autocar
ChiragM is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 09:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: UK: Suzuki Baleno, Celerio discontinued

15k units a year is still a good number. Unless they are in the low thousands I am surprised they are stopping to sell these cars in the UK. Maybe stricter crash test norms have something to do with it? Anyways I think the Celerio is called the Celery in the UK .
Old 4th September 2019, 11:03   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
15k units a year is still a good number. Unless they are in the low thousands I am surprised they are stopping to sell these cars in the UK. Maybe stricter crash test norms have something to do with it? Anyways I think the Celerio is called the Celery in the UK .
15000 units in Europe. That seems like a small number for that big a market. Plus I don't know if an RS version is available for the Baleno, but the Swift Sport is a loved car there. And Ignis too, clearly with the sales numbers.
OT... Ignis has a AWD version in the UK.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 11:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Swift has a cult following in the Uk. With cars like the VW Up and the Peugeot 107/Toyota Aygo, the Celerio just does not cut it. The Baleno is too bland and the Ford Fiesta/ VW Polo, upcoming Peugeot 208/Vauxhall Corsa will decimate it.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 09:28   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Baleno and SX4 S Cross to be discontinued in Japan from June-2020.

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks