Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 21:06   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China

Though in Czech. the Scala takes over the Rapid, in China the Rapid gets a face-lift in line with the group's latest design language which is prominently visible at both the front and rear.

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-5927621_v0.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-5927622_v0.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-5927623_v0.jpg

A wide radiator grille and sharp cut lights in the Scala style at the front, the traditional winged arrow logo has been replaced by the Škoda sign at the back, and new, sharply cut horizontal design lamps are also included.

Under the hood should remain a 1.5 liter EA211 engine with a maximum power of up to 110 hp, which should be combined with a five-speed and six-speed manual transmission

For India since the new generation of Rapid is expected only in 2021, this face-lift could also trickle to the Indian Rapid too.

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-0x0_m910_autohomecar__chccq12az0aafisgabjket3cqr4539-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th September 2019 at 21:09.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 01:14   #2
BHPian

re: Skoda Rapid facelifted in China

The current one looks great, this face-lift not so much.

When ever I see bad face-lifts I'm reminded of this failed painting restoration
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-paintingfresco_2316720b.jpg  

AnandB is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 18:01   #3
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid facelifted in China

The face looks ugly imho, sorry. The rear has uncannily resembles with the Volvo S90. Sorry, this "facelift" or "new-gen" car just doesn't cut it with me. I hate such a beautiful car going this way.
Old 20th September 2019, 18:24   #4
BHPian

Hmm... Is this going to be Skoda's answer to the recent leaked Verna facelift in China? They kind of tried to be quirky but only come to this far, might be because the VW group's strict design principles . I personally didn't like this design over the current one (which I own). Tail lamps look like as if someone has grabbed a bite from them. I reserve my further observations until I see it in flesh in India. I am sure Skoda will somehow come up with an elegant looking Rapid.
Old 20th September 2019, 18:48   #5
BHPian

I have never seen a complete china facelift make its way to India. The chinese facelifts are really bad to be honest, they look disproportionate and funny at many instances.
The brand news a new car and not another facelift.
Old 20th September 2019, 23:03   #6
BHPian

I have a strong hunch that this might actually make it to the Indian shore. The design while definitely polarizing (not a fan of it either), it does have an achingly similar face to that of the Scala. In addition to the face et derričre lift/drop we can expect 4 instead of 2 airbags, a digital instrument console and probably (hope I'm wrong) replace the rear centre 3 point seat belt with the now familiar (for our market) 90s 2 point seatbelt and while at it, rope in a Bollywood celeb to be a brand ambassador and we have the generation being stretched to another couple of years

Sorry for being so vehemently expressive against the brand but I just had enough of looking at the same generation for almost 10 years now.
Old 21st September 2019, 00:43   #7
BHPian

I for one think it looks classy, especially the rear end. Hey, don't blame Skoda for ditching the old box tail lights, they're just making it look similar to the next-gen Octavia that's about to be launched soon. In fact, the rear end looks really similar to the New Octavia render. Guess this is going to be the new Skoda design philosophy for the next 10 years . The Rapid always looked like the baby Octavia, this one is no different.

In fact, the Front looks similar too. Don't know about the others but I'm sold.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-img_20190921_004025.jpg  

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-img_20190921_005314.jpg  

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st September 2019 at 01:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Starfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 00:56   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
For India since the new generation of Rapid is expected only in 2021, this face-lift could also trickle to the Indian Rapid too.
China gets a different Skoda Rapid compared to Europe and especially India. This car you see in pictures is not based on the VW-Polo platform. The side profile, especially the window line and quarter-glass of the rear door is a dead giveaway.

We might get only this face transplanted on our Indian Rapid though. Afterall, VW has to run the show till 2021 with minor cosmetic surgeries.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 07:20   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
China gets a different Skoda Rapid compared to Europe and especially India. This car you see in pictures is not based on the VW-Polo platform. The side profile, especially the window line and quarter-glass of the rear door is a dead giveaway.

We might get only this face transplanted on our Indian Rapid though. Afterall, VW has to run the show till 2021 with minor cosmetic surgeries.
The Rapid that they get is the sedan version of the recently phased out Euro Rapid. All they have done is some Sino jugged and added the new Euro Rapid front and rear ends to the old Rapid.

Our Indian Rapid initially had the Fabia snout and later on the previous Euro Rapid style from.

Am sure VW would love to do the same with the Polo/Vento but the new ones look the same as the older ones
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid in China,

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-0x0_m910_autohomecar__chccr14bxvoaai6xaanlp7s4zdo30.jpeg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-0x0_m910_autohomecar__chccp14bxvsatihaaakayvncarc00.jpeg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 20:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Skoda Rapid( spaceback and liftback) launched in China.

Quote:
In terms of power, the new car continues to be equipped with the EA211 series 1.5L naturally aspirated engine with a maximum power of 112 horsepower and a peak torque of 145 N · m. In terms of transmission, it is expected to match a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic manual transmission. As mid-term model changes, the two new models are still based on the Volkswagen PQ25 platform
Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-15.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-11.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-12.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-13.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-14.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th February 2020 at 20:59.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 21:17   #12
BHPian

The one with the larger alloys and sunroof with more chrome on the grill looks good, the lower variant (I guess?) looks very plain. Overall, I think this (and the new City) pale in comparison to the Russian Verna.
Old 11th March 2020, 20:26   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA RAPID and RAPID SPACEBACK in China revealed:

› New look, redesigned interior and modern vehicle networking via the ŠKODA Banma Intelligent Interconnection System

› The two extensively revised ŠKODA compact models are now available

› Production anniversary at SAIC Volkswagen in China: The 22,000,000th vehicle manufactured is a ŠKODA RAPID.

- The RAPID and the RAPID SPACEBACK are powered by an efficient 1.5 MPI petrol drivetrain that produces 82 kW (111 PS) and is mated to a manual five-speed gearbox or six-speed automatic transmission.

Quote:
The ŠKODA RAPID saloon is 4,512 millimetres long, 1,706 millimetres wide and 1,469 millimetres tall. It is available in the colours Acapulco Blue, Titanium Beige, Reflex Silver and Polar White. With a wheelbase measuring 2,603 millimetres, it provides passengers with a generous amount of space and comfort, with plenty of legroom at the front and rear. The boot has a capacity of 466 litres, complemented by up to 14 storage solutions from ŠKODA’s classic Simply Clever range. The redesigned interior exudes a premium feel and is available in two colourways: dazzling black and black/brown.

Among other new details, the RAPID comes with a multifunction steering wheel, a rear-view camera and the ŠKODA Banma Intelligent Interconnection System. This includes a TFT LCD monitor with an 8-inch screen and a user interface featuring the playing-card design that is popular in China, along with voice control. Other features include over-the-air updates and advanced Android and Apple smartphone connectivity along with other online services such as the Amap navigation app, the Kuwo music streaming service or the Tingban online radio.
Quote:
The ŠKODA RAPID is powered by a 1.5 MPI petrol engine, which is made entirely of aluminium and delivers 82 kW (111 PS), along with a maximum torque of 145 Nm. Customers have a choice between a manual five-speed gearbox and a six-speed automatic transmission. With an average fuel consumption of 5.6 litres per 100 kilometres and correspondingly low emissions, the engine already complies with the strict China VI b emissions standard that will only come into effect from July 2023. An electronically controlled, dynamic steering system and intelligent chassis tuning make for powerful performance and controlled handling at all times.
Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-14.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-11.jpg

Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-12.jpg

Source: ŠKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th March 2020 at 20:28.
Old 1st July 2020, 14:23   #14
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Harry Upadhyay for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
With respect to the Skoda 1.0 thread, I saw some posts about a redesigned Rapid being launched in Russia.

I thought of checking with Zac.
Skoda Rapid facelifted in China-screenshot_20200701100855.png
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks