Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2004, 09:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

All i can say for Jeremy choosing the SL55 over the 355 and the SLR over the CGT is that the man is getting old!...its a valid reason.

cya
R

ps here are some more laptimes (ive gone 1sec over ur specified limit ;-]

TVR 350C 1:27.0
Mistuishi EVO8 1:28.9
Murcielago 1:29.0
Alpina Z8 1:29.0
Aston DB7GT 1:30.9
Audi S4 1:30.9
911 turbo 1:31.0 4wd(w)
Vaxhaul VX220 Turbo 1:31.3

Old 22nd May 2004, 09:58   #17
BHPian

Okay will take the "Limiter" out, its more fun that way!
*Editing the first post, also adding few that I had*
Thanks - R
Old 28th May 2004, 08:50   #18
BHPian

TopGear just tested Ferrari Modena 360CS V/s Porsche GT3-RS

The Modena 360CS, 30 thousand quids more than the standard 360Modena, and a WHOPPING 50 thousand more than the GT3-RS. But we are not talking budget here, we are talking performance.. So lets ignore the price difference.. And just hang on with.. "Which is the best piece of engineering.. "

Porsche stripped Fifty kgs of the 911, but Ferrari have lightened their car by a hundred and ten kgs.
CS's Engine serves up 425BHP .. thats 44 more than what u get from the GT3-RS..
Now does this mean that the CS is faster than the GT3-RS?
Well in Jeremy's words, "lets find out!!!"

In ¼-mile the GT3-RS was just ahead of the CS, but by the time they reached a mile the CS had eaten up the GT3-RS.
Though both do 0 to 62MPH in 4.0 seconds and both have a topspeed of 180MPH..
So the only way to find out is put em both (German and Italian) in the Hands of a Neutral (MAD) British Umpire - 'THE STIG', in for a battle on the TG Test Track.

The Timings are amazing, now mind you both these cars are made for one purpose. No, not to be comfy in, or to be driven in the City Traffic, their sole purpose that the exist is that they want to be driven as fast on the track as possible (yes, Italian / German idea of Track day cars). The timings round the track are unbelievable.. I've updated the first post, please check if u want to know the results.
Old 28th May 2004, 13:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Aaahh, looks like somebody has seen the latest TG episode! so did i pal, just last night. and it was unbelievable. Im a Porsche fan to the core, and with JC continuously favouring the Ferrari, i argued each and every statement of his against the GT3 RS. How in the world could he even bother about leaving the price factor out? 50,000 pounds! that's one BMW M3 with change left over, or better still one CSL!
but i trusted the Porsche completely to teach the CS a few things around the track, and it did. Exactly the same timings, un-bloody-believeable! No two ways about it, the Porsche GT3 RS is the better car of the two. Heil Ferdinand. Long Live Porsche!
Old 28th May 2004, 20:45   #20
BHPian

Exactly P_H, The episode was awesome. I specially loved it when JC was talking about Porsche's WeightLoss Program, and he said he felt bad that he will have to drive the car with his cloths on, ideally he should drive it naked (to lessen as much weight as possible). That was funny.. And seriously for a change I thought he drove quite well in the GT3-RS around the track against Luka Badoer in the 360CS.
Actually the whole episode was brilliant. If anyone wants to see it, and has a bittorrent client, please let me know i'll post the link (mind you its approx. 300MB, but worth it).
Old 28th May 2004, 21:44   #21
Team-BHP Support

Does some1 feel like burning it onto a CD for me in time for sundays meet? plzzzzzz

thnx
R

ps - ps, great archive you have happening here!
Old 28th May 2004, 22:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]ps - ps, great archive you have happening here!
Well I think it is pretty interesting, this laptime thingy. But frankly I also feel its more of an entertainment. Cant take these laptimes too seriously, i feel. I think the Zonda can do much better than that 1:23.8 second run and that too the track was partly wet at that time. On the same day they did Murcielago and it was like 4 seconds slower that Zonda's time with the same condition. They (TG) did a re-run of the Lambo but not the Zonda which is slightly sad. But as I said I love to watch the show, its entertaining and shows us what we love the most. And Will probably try to update the "Archives" as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Does some1 feel like burning it onto a CD for me in time for sundays meet?
I am going off to Pune tomorrow morning and then prolly for a holiday to Mahabaleshwar , but I can burn the CD, if some one could collect it from KingCircle? I mean is anybody going to pass KingCircle during the Sunday meet? My friend's Shop "Game Space" is just besides (Matchless/Tipsi Topsi Restaurent). If anybody can collect it from there I can leave it at his place. Do let me know (the episode is worth watching, specially the special guest is some Hottie named 'Jordan' was Ralf's GF for 3 years or so.. , and ofcourse JC/Richard and JamesMay go thru a small TG Contest.. well I wont give it all away, if you're interested let me know. I can leave the CD-R at GS )
Old 28th May 2004, 23:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey Rehaan, i could burn the CD and get in one sunday since im going to be there for the meet anyway. would save PS the extra trouble too. let me know what else you would like on the cd, since this episode is only about 300 mb. the last TG episode before this one perhaps? that has the Alfa 166, the 147 GTA around the track, the SLR around the track, JCs Sl55, and their usual funny stuff. let me know. unless you want something else.
Old 29th May 2004, 00:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]would save PS the extra trouble too

By the way Ported, I am not sure if I am going to have my hands on the next weeks episode (where thy'll test the CGT). If you get it, dont forget to burn a copy for me in advance!
Old 29th May 2004, 02:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

no problem PS, one CGT review coming up. i can't wait for that one myself.
Old 29th May 2004, 20:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Ps and Phead,

The CGT is just mindblowing....too bad no more news of it possibly being in bombay!..imagine that!

cya
R
Old 31st May 2004, 17:16   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just picked up the June issue of Top Gear - Clarkson thrshes the SLR a nd the C GT. They show the SLR brakes glowing red - awesome
Old 31st May 2004, 18:27   #28
Team-BHP Support

Saw the vid, thanks to Phead who burnt me a copy!

Ajmat, the video (300mb) shows the discs glowing red as well as on fire for a short bit!!

Hey...did you guys notice that normally the celebrity wears a 4point harness in that crappy car with the rollcage.... but wheen jordan drove it, forget about the 4point harness, she was wearing the 3point ELR and that too not even properly!! You think they allowed this because of her twin airbags?
or maybe the 4-point harness wasnt big enough or something??
(it was a bit irresponsible IMO! especially the way she was driving!! lol)

cya
R
Old 31st May 2004, 19:11   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]You think they allowed this because of her twin airbags?
LOL!!! Hahahahaah!! Nice one...Almost fell off my chair!

GTO
Old 8th June 2004, 23:17   #30
BHPian

Dude, Tom check out the first post, where I am updating the timings. It'll answer you're question that you asked few days ago.. (as quick as the Lamborghini Gallardo! .. Three words dude.. Owe, My, Gyod! )

Most Viewed