Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 21:33   #1
BHPian

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen

Guitar heroes from Jeff Beck to ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons are also renowned as serious gearheads. Metallica’s James Hetfield is among them. For the past 14 years, Hetfield has commissioned ten outrageous custom rides fashioned from the ruins of classic Lincolns, Packards, Buicks, and other Detroit iron.

Now that Hetfield has had his fun, he’s turned the lot over to the Petersen Automotive Museum for the exhibit Reclaimed Rust: The James Hetfield Collection. In his first public appearance since re-entering rehab in September, the Metallica frontman told an SRO pre-opening audience at the museum Thursday evening that the cars “weren’t doing me much good sitting in my garage. I loved looking at them, but I didn’t want to auction them off and have them spread all over the world. This is a collection—it marks my life.”

The exhibit opens February 1 and runs through October.

Source: lamag.com
Attached Thumbnails
Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto002scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto003scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto004scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto008scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto015scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto018scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto022scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto027scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldcarseanofoto012scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldpeopleeanofoto056scaled.jpg  

Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-jameshetfieldpeopleeanofoto065scaled.jpg  

Last edited by jeevan007 : 18th February 2020 at 21:45.
jeevan007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 17:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen

James Hetfield's cool car garage \m/

One thing to point out, look at the view when James opens his garage door!!

Last edited by jeevan007 : 6th May 2020 at 18:08.
Old 6th May 2020, 19:00   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen

Thanks.
I'm a huge fan of the guy, the band, basically all of them, and everything that they do. His jag based black pearl is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen (2nd picture, I think) , especially the rear of that car. Used to be my display picture in many places, as well as wallpaper on all devices. Thanks for sharing!
Attached Thumbnails
Metallica frontman James Hetfield shows off his insane car collection at the Petersen-metallicafrontmansjaguarblackpearliscustomperfectionwvideo.jpg  

Last edited by mayankk : 6th May 2020 at 19:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks