Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2020, 08:51   #61
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Your preferred "one-car garage"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a pretty legendary name yet.

Honda Civic Type-R

Fast(obviously), reliable, and will you look at that rear. If that doesn't revv you up. I don't know what does.

300+ BHP of pure Japanese fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred "one-car garage"-screenshot_20200417084928.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th April 2020 at 09:04. Reason: typo & language :)
Himanshu809 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 10:02   #62
BHPian

My most aspired One Car Garage would be the Tesla Model X. It's fast (er than most super cars in a straight line). It's spacious, practical and minimalistic. It's economical to run and it's an SUV with lots and lots of tricks up it's hand. What more can anyone get in $85,000!

Your preferred "one-car garage"-images-5.jpeg
Man! Would you look at those doors!
Archie_27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 14:38   #63
BHPian

Most people don't go to the track or off-road. Cars have become quite competent nowadays. So for everyday use, almost any car would do as a single car garage. Just look at most people's garages. They'll have just one car. And it does the job for them.

Those who have budget constraints, buy a hatchback and for the family trips, they adjust. I'd chose an i20. The Polo is too unreliable as an only car.

For the middle class, they'll get a C segment sedan or crossover and take it to the airport, office, weekend party long drive, everywhere. I'd choose a Seltos - hands down the best deal in that segment.

Above this segment, people usually have more than one car so a single car garage isn't a common real-world scenario.
But forced to pick, I'd choose any of the Skodas in the D segment.
And in the luxury segment, I'd get a 6-cylinder BMW if I'm below 50 years old when I buy it and a Merc if I'm above 60 (still a 6 cylinder though )

Last edited by evil_grin : 17th April 2020 at 14:44.
evil_grin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:39   #64
BHPian

I will stick to Indian cars & not do any wishful thinking. Needs from an all-rounder car are:
1) Reliable
2) Efficient & Economical
3) Good Ground Clearance
4) Maneuverable in city traffic
5) Comfortable seating for a family of four persons
6) Can carry sufficient luggage for short outstation trips

To tick these boxes, any sub 4m Cross over will do the job. Secondary considerations like Brand, Network, ASS will narrow the choice to the usual suspects:

1) Suzuki Brezza
2) Hyundai Venue
3) Upcoming Kia Sonet

There are other good models like Ecosport & XUV300, but all things considered, anyone of the above three will suffice.
Old 17th April 2020, 15:53   #65

I understand that lately many of the Indian Auto companies are focusing more on SUVS over Sedans which was not the case in the 2000s, I miss many of the affordable and large sedans that sat low to the ground like my now sold 2012 Honda Civic and 3rd Generation Elantra. Both of these cars did great business for their respective brands back in the day.

With what is currently available in the market my choice will be the Skoda Octavia vRS, Although I will have to wait for few years for some of them to hit the used market and more importantly fit my budget.
Mathyou is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 16:35   #66
BHPian

Wow, such diverse choices we have had in this this thread here.
And surprisingly no fans for Dodge and Jeep.

Here is my 1 car garage choice.

If money is no bar: Dodge Challanger SRT Hellcat / Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (love both of them)

In India with less than 20L budget: Safari Storme (I currently own this, and is practically our family car, and has taken us to length and breadth of the country)

Budget of more than 30L : I'd have Ford Endeavor 3.2 (looking forward for buying this soon)

In this covid situation, my tiny Beat is serving all the purposes of grocerry shopping etc.
And for my family, they love the Nexon XZA+ diesel AMT, which has become their preferred choice of road travel, beause of its easy of driving, compact size and more smiles per miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred "one-car garage"-2017_jeep_grandcherokee_srt_vlp_heroimage_ac08.jpg.img.1440.jpg  

Your preferred "one-car garage"-unnamed.jpg  

v_safari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 18:52   #67

My preferred car would definitely be the BMW M5 competition.

It truly ticks all the right boxes for a one car garage, it is fast, practical, it looks good and top it all off it is one car that you can drive all day everyday. I would love to have mine in frozen dark silver as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred "one-car garage"-2019bmwm5competition1.jpg  

Tpsdhiraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 19:31   #68
BHPian

My one car garage would change with my age.

I'm in my 30's right now. And if I have to keep just one car, it'd indeed be my Isuzu. Satiates all my cravings. Big, brash, adventurous.

Your preferred "one-car garage"-screenshot_20190702175137_instagram.jpg

In my 40's, I'd want something a bit more understated, capable in stock form of tackling some adventure, and with enough power to remind me that I'm still alive. Storage is still important. A Land Cruiser fits the bill perfectly

Your preferred "one-car garage"-40.png

In my 50's, I want something that cocoons me in comfort, safety with enough power to remind me of my youth. Storage shouldn't be much of a concern. A 5 series would be right up there in my choices.

Your preferred "one-car garage"-50s.jpg

In my 60's I want something small, safe and easy to drive. No storage is fine. Electric if new. If used and depending on the fuel situation I'd go for a lovely classic Porsche. I know I said safe, but hey, look at that Porsche.

Your preferred "one-car garage"-60s.jpg.

Now keep in mind that these are only for the single car garage. My ideal garage would always have 3 cars and a few motorcycles. A big, butch preferably uncouth american, a small sensible german and a fast, mad brit/german. The uncouth can make way for a RR 5.0L v8 autobiography if I'm feeling brave. Or the TDV8 if feeling a bit less brave, but still stupid.

Last edited by Tassem : 17th April 2020 at 19:33.
Tassem is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 19:41   #69
BHPian

I'll take Toyota JZX100 Chaser with a built 1.5JZ and a responsive turbo setup making around 500+whp , straight piped, with a vertex kit and go as low as possible.
Something similar to AdamLZs chaser.

It will sound sick, drift and at the end of the day is still a spacious 4 door sedan.

Mine will probably be the most impractical choice but you only live once so

Your preferred "one-car garage"-chaser.jpg

Your preferred "one-car garage"-s2ggvfwkiow800x800.jpg
Revmatch99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 20:01   #70
BHPian

The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for sure. Absolutely manic performance with total practicality. From dropping the kids at school to participating in drag races, this beast can perform any task at hand with utmost ease.
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred "one-car garage"-20200417_182531.jpg  

imzahid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 22:19   #71
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sorry guys. I totally forgot the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

It's very rare, very high maintenance, extremely impractical and one needs to learn how to drive it.

I present to you, For Mustang Boss 429 (1969).

I don't think a manlier car has ever been manufactured.
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred "one-car garage"-1280pxboss429.jpeg  

Himanshu809 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 01:18   #72
BHPian

I'd go for a Isuzu V-Cross with a camping tent/room built on the loading bay because I'm a big fan of the outdoors and love to travel a lot. So Isuzu it is if I'm staying away from a big city.

In a crowded city my pick would be Duster AWD or an Ecosport AWD(not launched in India yet) as an all-rounder.

If it's an extended or a joint family then an Innova Crysta/Tata Hexa all the way (No XUV5OO because Machines hasn't worked on the third row feedback and suspension isn't the most comfortable out there, else a capable crossover).

If money isn't a constraint, A BMW M5 competition

P.S in Black color only!
Old 18th April 2020, 10:42   #73

Porsche CAYMAN 718 GT4 - perfection to drive.
Old 18th April 2020, 11:56   #74
Senior - BHPian

Landcruiser - city/highway/hills/anywhere!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 14:44   #75

Ideal One car garage, boy that's a tough one...its like asking someone to choose that its the only one type of food you can have. Its very very hard to choose.

But if I had to...it's going to be a Mercedes C63 AMG 507 edition (W204). Now, I know its not really built anymore, but a nice pre-worshipped example built preferably in 2014 would be my pick. After all, it's the last hurrah of that epic sounding monster of a V8 displacing 6.2L. It is a modern muscle car in the true sense. And practical too, for the kids you know :P

Your preferred "one-car garage"-11.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks