Team-BHP - Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/226679-spy-pics-next-gen-bmw-7-series.html)

This is the 1st sighting of the next generation BMW 7 series on test;

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi7spyphoto.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi7spyphoto2.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi7spyphoto3.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi7spyphoto4.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi7spyphoto5.jpg

Expected to be revealed in 2022 :thumbs up

Source

Did anyone notice the Electric Test Vehicle badge?
The article states that the 760Li might be discontinued in the next generation. Instead an electric/hybrid motor shall be used. Interesting times. Better grab one of BMW's 3litre straight six diesels before they too are defunct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4879713)
Did anyone notice the Electric Test Vehicle badge?
The article states that the 760Li might be discontinued in the next generation. Instead an electric/hybrid motor shall be used. Interesting times. Better grab one of BMW's 3litre straight six diesels before they too are defunct.

Yes, BMW have already announced that the most powerful 7 Series (Upcoming) won't have a combustion engine.

Damn, thats some heavy cladding. Will be a while before some good and reasonably accurate renders are out. I guess this will be a MY 2022 launch?

BMW 7 series has never really been able to have the charisma of a S-class, I hope this time they come close/closer to the S.

Do anyone of you also see that passenger cabin has Rollsesque feel to it. It is very evident specially in the 2nd image, almost looks like last gen Ghost.

As Sahil rightly pointed out that 7 Series never had the charm of the S class, this could be an opportunity to set things right. BMW need to do something revolutionary rather than evolutionary to keep this relevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4879131)
This is the 1st sighting of the next generation BMW 7 series on test;

This must be the i7. I am not sure but is the i7 based on the next-gen 7 Series? And I sure do hope they do something about that grille. Moving to electric is a good opportunity for them to do something about their latest design language and change it completely.

If the hybrid is going to be powering the 760Li, maybe it will get a separate i7 full-electric variant? Or did you mean to say that the 760Li will be full electric?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiragM (Post 4880875)
This must be the i7. I am not sure but is the i7 based on the next-gen 7 Series? And I sure do hope they do something about that grille. Moving to electric is a good opportunity for them to do something about their latest design language and change it completely.

If the hybrid is going to be powering the 760Li, maybe it will get a separate i7 full-electric variant? Or did you mean to say that the 760Li will be full electric?

Yes, the 1st images are of an Full EV hence likely an i7, an hybrid too was spotted (Pics taken from the same source) proving both will be based on the same platform;

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmw7seriespluginhybridspyphoto2.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmw7seriespluginhybridspyphoto.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmw7seriespluginhybridspyphoto4.jpg

^ Note the Exhaust Tips present on the Hybrid Vehicle & not on the other test mule parked next to it (EV).

:thumbs up

The split headlamp based design rendered by BMWBlog -

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwblog2020_10_27_20_04.jpg

Source - https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/10/27/b...es-g70-render/

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4918632)
The split headlamp based design rendered by BMWBlog -

Attachment 2072857

Source - https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/10/27/b...es-g70-render/

For once BMW is quirky in a good way IMO. I quite like this, but I wonder how they came up with this as a render from such heavily cladded test mules. I dont see any shade of the front lights to be like this from the spy pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4922031)
I dont see any shade of the front lights to be like this from the spy pics.

Guess this image hints at a very unconventional headlamp design, which could have inspired the render.

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-2022bmw7seriesg70830x553.jpg

But - as it is the case with spy shots- the shape could be intentional to mislead the render artists too. I see some projector elements in the lower portion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4922037)
Guess this image hints at a very unconventional headlamp design, which could have inspired the render.

Attachment 2075349

But - as it is the case with spy shots- the shape could be intentional to mislead the render artists too. I see some projector elements in the lower portion.

This spy looks more like the previous gen with pop up lights. But I am pretty certain that all these render images that leak are all part of the PR. The car companies themselves leak out these spy pics and renders to gauge reactions to make minor tweaks accordingly.It's a joint effort of PR and R&D.

This happens across several industries, even apple does a lot of this. The initial spy pics of the new iphone is seldom very diff from what comes out.

BMW i7: new 2023 electric 7-series

►First look at new all-electric BMW i7
► Coming in 2023 after the i4, i5 and iNext
► Twinned with the next-gen 7-series

Quote:

BMW hits back with a battery capacity tipped to top 100kWh for a long EV range of over 300 miles. Based around the latest group electric architecture dubbed CLAR, it will eschew the i3 and i8's composite construction for a more conventional steel and aluminium monocoque and a pair of e-motors will provide output equivalent to 536bhp and all-wheel drive.
Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmw_i7.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-i7_053.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-i7_051.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-i7_058.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-i7_050.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-i7_055.jpg

Link

It is UGLY!!! :Shockked: This is the first thing that comes to my mind at least.

From the gigantic grilles to this I must say BMW designers are making a mark in UGLY designs. :Frustrati

A wanna be Rolls Royce which neither feels like a Rolls nor a successor to the 7 series.

I don't know what BMW is thinking by designing this like neither being here nor there.

The 2023 BMW i7 2023 and its autonomous driving level 4, out in the open!

Quote:

the front grille will adopt the same vertical design premiered in the new iX,a particularly remarkable shape in the right "kidney".
Quote:

the closed panel is a very intelligent solution to hide all the sensors of the different driving assistants, offering a very clean design on the bumper. If you look more closely at these spy photos,at the top of the right "kidney" you can see a rectangular piece similar to a liquid crystal. This sensor has never been seen and is a worldwide novelty of BMW.
Quote:

it is not a radar sensor to use, but a new solid-state lidar sensor.
Quote:

Developed by Magna and the Innoviz Israelis at BMW's request in 2018, it is a new distance measurement sensor with previous vehicles that uses laser beams, but capable of creating a matrix of 3D points at distances of up to 250 meters. An advanced technology that allows you to detect objects and people, classify them and follow them in a Head-up Display with extreme precision. But this system goes further, and is that it is prepared for a level 4,able to maintain autonomous driving with the sun facing or in low lighting conditions by changing inclement weather.
Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558443_12.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558413_2.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558416_3.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558409_1.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558428_7.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558425_6.jpg

Spy Pics: Next-Gen BMW 7-Series-bmwi72023fotosespia2021754561613558440_11.jpg

Link

Several 7 Series variants, and the i7 testing in Germany on public roads, spied on video

https://youtu.be/PpmXVSQiV6g