Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Russian Youtuber burns down Mercedes-AMG in frustration

For many of us luxury cars and the high end life is a dream or once in a life time experience. But on the other side for all who can afford it, its a lifestyle.
Having worked with many blessed individuals, have seen them exchange cars/bikes if any niggles crop up or any unwarranted issues come up.

1. This youtuber must have surely had a lot of passion for the car purchase
2. He was frustrated with the lack of lifestyle services he got in return and decided to show Mercedes a lesson on taking customers for granted
3. He used it as an opportunity to go viral, maybe his next purchase is an Audi/ Beemer to rub it in the face of Mercedes.(I think a few car companies would have already reached out to him for his next purchase and ownership comparison video)

It a pity how world is changing, what once was stupid/ nonsense is now viral and a business opportunity
PioneerNB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Thats stupidity apparently. The choreographed video (include facial expression) however suggests its just a stunt for gathering views.
spgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:42   #18
BHPian

Well, I think that guy is very smart. In all likelihood , being a very well known youtuber, he must have surely thought out a way to get back that money he burnt away. Most probably the publicity and views must have paid for the loss. And look at the amount of negative publicity he managed to generate for Mercedes. He has managed to achieve a serious amount of Merc bashing, if you ask me.
eyeman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Russian Vlogger smashes New Taycan Turbo through Porsche dealership

Quote:
Russian vlogger Mikhail Litvin made the headlines last October by burning down his AMG GT 63 S Four-Door Coupe in a publicity stunt and to also send Mercedes a message.

we have a feeling this new clip has all the makings of going viral as well. Uploaded only a couple of hours ago, it already has more than 1.3 million views on the social video platform and it shows Mikhail Litvin hopping behind the wheel of a brand new Porsche Taycan Turbo S.
Source
Old 10th February 2021, 15:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Russian Vlogger smashes New Taycan Turbo through Porsche dealership
Man this is some serious money ! I do wonder how much they gain per video. This is obviously a staged event. And look at his expression

Can anyone in the know, explain how the business of this whole 'YouTube Vloggers' is based on ? Like do they earn a certain amount based on views /subscribers ? Is there a slab ?
Old 10th February 2021, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Man this is some serious money ! I do wonder how much they gain per video. This is obviously a staged event. And look at his expression

Can anyone in the know, explain how the business of this whole 'YouTube Vloggers' is based on ? Like do they earn a certain amount based on views /subscribers ? Is there a slab ?
It's complicated, but this what I know:

1) YouTube pays you after your video crosses a certain number of views ( I guess its every 100,000 views or something).

2) If your video crosses the 10 minute mark , YouTube lets you insert advertisements in your video.

3) Some companies sponsor some videos ( You must have seen the " Contains paid promotion" on the bottom corner of some videos.)

Last edited by Eshan Joshi : 10th February 2021 at 15:32.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks