Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 10:25   #1
BHPian

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept

Romanian car maker Dacia unveils the Bigster concept, which would sit above the famous Duster. As per the report, it will be based on CMF-B platform by Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance and expected to hit the market by 2025. The same platform underpins the Clio which was launched in 2019 as the first vehicle based on the Common Module Family of modular architecture. This will be used in their upcoming EVs as well. Those exterior cladding on Bigster is made of raw recycled plastics.

Looks like Renault/Dacia's fascination with flap type handle is never going to end, and their new logo resembles to our very own DC!

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept-daciabigsterconcept4717c.jpg

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept-daciabigsterconcept2fe76.jpg

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept-daciabigsterconceptfa85.jpg

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept-daciabigsterconcept3be0f.jpg
ASP007 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 13:07   #2
BANNED

Re: Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept

The front end seems heavily inspired by a Ford Bronco and the side profile reminds me of the current (2021)safari.

Though having said that, the design looks pretty much production ready,and by 2025, there's a risk that this design might start looking outdated.
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 18:17   #3
BHPian

Looks good as the evolution of duster design. I am very happy to see no headlight elements in bumper. That is one trend I do not agree with.
I agree with @turbo that by 2025, the desing would look outdated, but that would stick all right if this comes to India even 2-3 years later as Renault India continues to drag old duster design against more modern contemporaries.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 21:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the concept first time I saw it, thanks to that boxy silhouette and those muscular flared wheel arches.

And Renault India desperately needs this in India, especially since barring the old Duster, Renault is almost a budget brand now. The upcoming launch of the Kiger not helping. In fact, they appear more budget oriented than Maruti themselves. Not a bad thing at all, since the budget end of the market is at danger even at a a global stage.

But then, they are not ready to even bring in the next gen Duster to India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP007 View Post
Looks like Renault/Dacia's fascination with flap type handle is never going to end,
Well, the concept just shows how flap handles can look cool if executed well.

Last edited by DicKy : 17th January 2021 at 21:15.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 21:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

The flap type handles are done well, and looks like it was done to fit in the overall scheme of design.

There are scoops all over the car, a pull type handle would have looked out of place.

Dacia unveils SUV Bigster concept-dacia.jpg

Liked the design personally, would love to see how the production model would look like.
NiInJa is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 22:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
The flap type handles are done well, and looks like it was done to fit in the overall scheme of design.

There are scoops all over the car, a pull type handle would have looked out of place.

Attachment 2109592

Liked the design personally, would love to see how the production model would look like.
True, and rightfully pointed out. 100% agree that it does reward the overall design. I was just pointing out the trend followed by Dacia and Renault. My point of view was only based on practicality.
ASP007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:18   #7
BHPian

The design is boxy yet maintains those modern elements and is a good melange overall. Love it.
Implemented properly, the Renault Bigster would find a nice piece of pie in India today, especially with all SUVs going the curvaceous route.

Last edited by GTO : 20th January 2021 at 09:36. Reason: Poorly typed post
Old 19th January 2021, 16:27   #8
BHPian

The shape looks very similar to the current Duster, except for the new added 'edginess'. I expect all these funkiness will get mellowed down on the production version and all that will be left, will be a bigger Duster with maybe a different grille design!
Old 19th January 2021, 18:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

The door panel height and roof height is similar to current Duster. But have added the boxy SUV design. I see sort of Nissan Xterra in the boxy design although it had kind of stepped roof at the rear.

Hope Renault/Nissan do well with Magnite/Kiger and bring us this, but with modern interiors.
Old 24th January 2021, 12:52   #10
BHPian

Butch and sleek at the same time. If it follows the quality and VFM that Duster provided, sure will be an interesting vehicle to own. Road presence and a second glance from most, is definitely a given with such a design.
Old 24th January 2021, 23:56   #11
BHPian

How feasible a product this is for Indian market with absence of the reputed 1.5l Diesel mill or any diesel engine for that matter. How much justice a petrol engine can do in this diesel obsessed segment is the question !
Old 26th January 2021, 01:11   #12
BHPian

Looks butch without a doubt. But at the same time, looks far far away from being production ready. I wouldn't pin my hopes on this one making to our market or any market in this guise.
Old 26th January 2021, 14:04   #13
BHPian

When Renault is still not getting the next gen Duster here, there is no way this will come to shore.

But looks good to be part of next Mad Max movie.
Old 17th February 2021, 13:39   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Dacia 7 Seater:
Old 20th February 2021, 19:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

India-bound next-gen Renault Duster will be based on a new global platform.

- Renault plans to expand its market share from 3.4 per cent to 4.0 per cent by next year

- New Renault Duster will be based on the global platform and not CMF-A.

Quote:
Renault’s Romanian subsidiary brand Dacia has recently revealed the Bigster concept which will share its underpinnings with the new-generation Duster. As per the Group’s plan, the Dacia brand will develop the global B and C segment vehicles for the Group and the new Duster will be a part of the development
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks