Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22

The facelifted polo's exterior is strikingly similar to the MK8 Golf, Its really hard for untrained eyes to differentiate both cars.
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 16:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen Polo facelift unveiled

The 2021 Volkswagen Polo facelift has been globally unveiled. The popular Polo hatchback now comes with a mid-cycle facelift, packed with a number of design updates and additional features and equipment.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-2021vwpolo-2.jpg

The new facelift version of the sixth-gen Volkswagen Polo will be offered in four variants - Polo, Life, Style & R-Line.

The entry-level trims of the 2021 Polo feature standard LED headlamps, LED taillights, 8.0-inch digital cockpit, 6.5-inch monitor with Bluetooth pairing interface and 14-inch (optional 15-inch) alloy wheels.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-2021vwpolo4.jpg

The more premium Polo Style trim comes with new IQ LED matrix headlamps with LED daytime running lights that extend on to the sleek front grille. It now also comes with LED fog lamps, a distinctive chrome-look crossbar, 14-inch (optional 15-inch Ronda alloy wheels and LED taillights as standard.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-2021vwpolo5.jpg

The range-topping Volkswagen Polo R-Line is the sporty variant on offer and comes with a few additional elements as well. These include high-gloss black finished air-intake and diffuser, chrome-look integrated exhaust panels and larger 16-inch Valencia alloy wheels.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-2021vwpolo3.jpg

The interior of the new Volkswagen Polo has also received a major update. The 2021-iteration of the popular hatchback now comes with a digital instrument cluster, and a large touchscreen infotainment head unit with the brand's 'Ready2Discover' system, offering wireless app-connect and navigation system. The new Polo also comes with premium upholstery, steering wheel with mounted controls, electrically adjustable and heated ORVMs and many others.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-2021vwpolo7.jpg

Volkswagen is yet to reveal the technical specifications of the 2021 Polo hatchback. However, considering it is a mid-cycle facelift, it is expected to carry forward the same engine and transmission options as before.

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 16:18   #18
BHPian

If VW is reading this, we demand to get this design and atleast half the 'Premium-ness' of the European Polo in our Indian market. Enough of you selling your 'Old wine in the Old bottle'.
Mahven is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 16:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

FINALLY a Polo with some curves and slightly adventurous lighting, kudos to the designers for finally daring to move a little bit away from the breadbox on wheels design of their cars. This should've been the model to take the fight to the Elite i20 5 years ago. Better late than never though.

I never fell for the ''timeless" and "clean lines" shtick, it was just plain boring, period. The prev gen Polo was to my eyes the worst car design of all time, inside out.

This one though, looks like an Audi, the wheel design, the lighting, the subtle kinks etc, definitely worth 15 lacs ex showroom if brought here as is. Bring it over VW, let's get the excitement pumping for the first time.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Meanwhile in a nondescript living room somewhere in India 2050 A.D. the 9 PM news.

"And in other news, Folkswagon (yes we finally received the latest edition of Oxford English dictionary) launches the all new Polo with accentuated flash red decals on the grab handles."

When this reporter asked a member of FW senior management (who wished to remain anonymous and who can blame him) Why?, the Germanic response to this was, Why not!

End of bulletin.

2021 Volkswagen Polo teased; global unveil on April 22-volkswagenmodelpolo1.png

Disclaimer - this bulletin does not mean to intend any harm to any community of current or prehistoric Polo owners, of which this reporter happens to be one.

Last edited by autobahner : 22nd April 2021 at 17:38. Reason: Mild editing of words to clarify.
autobahner is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:26   #21
BHPian

No matter how "different" the new Polo looks, how well it sells will depend upon three things - pricing, pricing and pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Meanwhile in a nondescript living room somewhere in India 2050 A.D. the 9 PM news.
In 2050 you will not be watching but updating your brain with the latest news, and not in India as we know it, but probably India in Mars. Mars will be a better deal to live in than Earth. I'm quite confident that we will grab a piece of land for ourselves with our advanced space technology.
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
If VW is reading this, we demand to get this design and atleast half the 'Premium-ness' of the European Polo in our Indian market. Enough of you selling your 'Old wine in the Old bottle'.

And then VW said no.

They would do what is most profitable unfortunately and that is a truth for all businesses.
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:23   #23
BHPian

I am hoping some of these new age design elements are incorporated in the Vento replacement (Virtus?) that is slated to launch in Q1 2022. That may be the closest opportunity to seeing something similar on Indian roads.
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:41   #24
BHPian

Wow! This looks seriously good. Zero chance of this car ever hitting our shores IMO. The kind of features that are on offer command a serious SUV level price tag. An average Joe would rather buy a Creta at 15 lakh ex showroom. If VW launch a stripped off variant then they will surely receive backlash. From the enthusiasts and the general public alike.

They are in a difficult situation with this MQB polo and under 4 meter rule here. This unnecessary rule has prevented some good cars(or their better version) from selling here. And have spawned a breed of compact sedans and SUVs.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 22nd April 2021 at 22:48.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 00:20   #25

One word that comes to mind after looking at all delicious pics, is : BRILLIANT ��

As a Polo GT TDI user of seven years; I can vouch for its surefootedness at tripple digit speeds and built to last feel. Although a bit pinching at pockets at times, but in all fairness, justified for what this brand gives in return.
Never ever, even in last few months of, last 7 years I have felt that I am driving an old car, it does age so gracefully.

One cannot expect drastic or revolutionary changes along generations from German makers as is the fact in case of Koreans.

All in all, a long long wait ending in pleasing model being introduced. Don't know why but I am pretty hopeful of this model landing at our shores, maybe later but for sure;
otherwise it's serious question mark, how the brand shall recover it's investment of over a Billion Euros, made recently in India.

Good Luck Volkswagen in Co-drivers seat in India; as now, it's Skoda that will call the shots here.
adv.vivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 01:39   #26
BHPian

Nice looking model... would love to see it on Indian roads. One thing I noticed is the LED strip at the front which remind me of Kia Seltos; unique but add a nice touch. Overall, it looks great and I hope VW not only speculate but also launch this new polo in India soon.
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:44   #27
BHPian

Here's the official video of new Polo.

Old 23rd April 2021, 20:35   #28

Timeless design tag is ubiquitous for the polo.

The VW management have already known who are the actual polo (read VW hatch here) customers in India by now. So I doubt that this one will hit Indian roads. If comes to India, can give a run to i20's premium tag for sure.
Old 25th April 2021, 12:20   #29
BHPian

I went to test drive Polo 1.0 TSI Highline for a friend here in Nepal a few days ago. Came out highly impressed with the build quality and quality of plastic. I drive a dzire and strongly feel that my next upgrade would be VW/Skoda for their European DNA. Polo should have its variants sorted out at launch and keep that the same for at least 3-4 years while bringing down the service costs. The one I drove was in Lapiz Blue. It looked great.
amitjha086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 17:58   #30
BHPian

The probability of this showing up on our shores is minimal at best. If by a miracle it does, VW will have stripped/gutted all the tech and modern features out of it and then localised the rest of the car with abysmal quality. As stated earlier, VW is on a race to the bottom with both the Polo and Vento. The treat both products as poverty spec models and the new Polo will head the same way if it shows up. Don’t expect it to look and feel like the ones in the launch pictures.

The only VW models worth getting are the CBU ones. I fear the Taigun will be from the same mold as the Polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks