Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Rimac C_Two 1,900 BHP EV unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show

Staggering numbers as expected from an EV.

What is unbelievable is how did they achieve 400+ top speed on an EV !!
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Top Gear car review: Rimac Nevera. The first true pure-electric hypercar is a sensation, as is the company that makes it.

Quote:
Positive:
Head-spinning performance, incredible tech, ultra-stiff chassis, engineering and build quality

Negative :
Some detail finessing still required, brakes take some getting used to
Rimac Nevera | The fastest accelerating production car in the world | 100 km/h in 1.85 seconds-20210602_120322.jpg

Quote:
There’s a lot to unpack here. This is the first true pure-electric hypercar to land, and there’s definitely a pioneering feel to the Rimac Nevera. This thing’s quarter mile time blitzes the Bugatti Chiron Sport’s and its pace everywhere is intergalactic

It feels like a car that’s been engineered and developed by people who aren’t just way ahead of the technological and software curve, they have an innate feeling for the hardware too.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Will it also burn for 5 days like the previous version, if it is on fire. (cheap joke, couldn't resist)
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:30   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have watched this clip n number of times, far more than I can even remember or count. I coudn't agree more with Hammond when he says "If that is the future I am so ready"; but it looks like there is more to the future with Rimac 2!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=fWrUl3uemb4

I love torque, doesn't matter if its Electric

This clip also captures the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson describing the Rimac's speed - "That Rimac just f***s off!"

Yes, the car is ridiculously F-A-S-T, and it also costs an eye-watering €2 Million (including taxes, as per the Carwow video)

I'd love to see a drag race between the Rimac Nevera and the Pininfarina Battista.
V4D3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 00:36   #20
BHPian

In this era of new-age hypercars, I must say the Rimac Nevera seems to be only one that has piqued my interest especially after seeing the drag race on CARWOW. While, I'm still not wowed by the exterior styling especially where the rear tail lights give me BMW i8vibes.

I must say, I'm impressed by the performance and the way the interior is put together but the price tag is quite expensive. Given that it is a limited run production, I am pretty sure a number of them will find themselves on the shop floors of various exotic car dealers in the Middle East.

Depending on how the car does in the real world, either people will pay a premium to own one or it could take a depreciation hit sooner than later.
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rimac Nevera | The fastest accelerating production car in the world | 100 km/h in 1.85 seconds

It was painful to watch the most potent road going Ferrari being destroyed by the Rimac. It was comprehensive and it was brutal. How will ICE supercar brands survive against the electric onslaught? Ferrari is Ferrari because they have made some of the fastest cars in the word for the past 70 years. What will become of them if they fall so far behind?

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd June 2021 at 08:07.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:45   #22
BHPian

Re: Rimac Nevera | The fastest accelerating production car in the world | 100 km/h in 1.85 seconds

This kind of performance is expected from Rimac and doesn't surprise me .

I mean if a Tesla Model S can do 1/4mile in 9.x seconds, an electric Supercar that cost 15 times what the most expensive Model S costs should do at least this to justify itslef.

Also, I don't know why some people are talking as if this is the end of Ferrari. Nobody can create the Brand pull (or the profits) that Ferrari has. I don't see them going anywhere because those who can afford a Ferrari and wants a Ferrari, will definitely buy a Ferrari. It more of an emotional thing for enthusiasts and a way to showoff for posers.

I think Rimac will become like the Electric counterpart of Koenigsegg. Also, Rimac is more than just a luxury car manufacturer, they are doing consultancy work for many OEMs now. So we will see some of their technology adopted by other OEMs in the future.

Good to see, such new companies popping and literally giving Legacy manufacturers a run for their money.
ZenMaster is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 11:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It was painful to watch the most potent road going Ferrari being destroyed by the Rimac. It was comprehensive and it was brutal. How will ICE supercar brands survive against the electric onslaught? Ferrari is Ferrari because they have made some of the fastest cars in the word for the past 70 years. What will become of them if they fall so far behind?
The same way the M5 survives despite the onslaught by the Tesla Model S.

Moreover, Ferrari itself will eventually have to go EV. It's just that a modern-day V12 is no match to the ferocious launch and torque available in an EV.
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 13:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Moreover, Ferrari itself will eventually have to go EV. It's just that a modern-day V12 is no match to the ferocious launch and torque available in an EV.
They better up their EV game on the double. Unless they want to end up being to the performance car world what Nokia ended up being to the world of mobile phones.

It would be very interesting to compare the two cars on a track to see if the Rimac Nevera handles as well as the Ferrari.

Last edited by vik99 : 6th June 2021 at 13:24.
Old 9th June 2021, 09:41   #25
BHPian

Jonny Smith (Ex Autocar presenter) has a nice channel and i have shared some videos from that channel in other threads.

He had a sit down with Mate Rimac and had a really nice discussion. Turns out to be a nice humble bloke, has some fun experiences to share and some nice builds of cars (Bikes, Cycles as well). Good insight into this guy and i am now a fan and hoping Mate has success in his current and future ventures.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 9th June 2021 at 09:57.
Old 17th July 2021, 13:51   #26
BHPian

Looks like Mat Watson from carwow just can't get enough of the Rimac. Here's another drag race from the channel this time against a Taycan and M5!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 14:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Looks like Mat Watson from carwow just can't get enough of the Rimac. Here's another drag race from the channel this time against a Taycan and M5!
https://Youtu.be/zwlKCxaLBns
Not sure why he had the M5 in there ? That thing looked so out of place with the other two just zooming ahead. The Nevera should to be tried against something from the stables of Koenigsegg and Bugatti However the one thing that the Rimac disappointed me was past 2:20 when the portion above the dials started shaking. For something that costs above 2 million, dashboard rattles are not cool.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 06:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
The Nevera should to be tried against something from the stables of Koenigsegg and Bugatti
Exactly! Hoping that GTboard answers our prayers real soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
However the one thing that the Rimac disappointed me was past 2:20 when the portion above the dials started shaking. For something that costs above 2 million, dashboard rattles are not cool.
I was so mesmerized by the Rimac's acceleration that I completely missed it. Can't unsee it now.
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:50   #29
BHPian

Wondering how a low slung hypercar with maniacal acceleration will fare off road? Here's Rimac's answer!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Pretty hefty price tag too
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
A truly Mind-Bending 2,000,000 Pounds.

Instead of converting that amount to INR, let's admire the Rimac logo which looks very, very familiar
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks