Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini almost sold out for 2021; 2nd best year ever

Lamborghini has revealed that its sales have witnessed a strong growth this year. According to media reports, the company is said to have almost sold out its allocation for the 2021 year.

Lamborghini almost sold out for 2021; 2nd best year ever-lamborghinihuracanevorwd.jpg

The reports suggest that to date, almost 10 months of its production capacity has been sold out. The company also stated that even with the two months of shut down, 2020 has been Lamborghini's second-best year in terms of sales. Deliveries in Q1 2021 are also said to have surged by nearly 25%.

Lamborghini almost sold out for 2021; 2nd best year ever-lamborghiniurus.jpg

The easing Covid-19 pandemic along with the free-spending attitude of its customers who had been confined to their homes till now, has allowed the Italian brand to record a high number of sales. Models such as the Aventador and Urus continue to be in high demand.

Lamborghini almost sold out for 2021; 2nd best year ever-lamborghiniaventadorsvj.jpg

Lamborghini recently also confirmed that the brand will be electrifying its product line-up in the future. The company had stated that its first series production hybrid supercar will be introduced in 2023, while its first fully electric offering will be unveiled before the end of this decade.

Ahead of its electrification plans though, Lamborghini will be introducing two new V12-powered models in its line-up. These models are expected to arrive in early or mid-2022.

Source: Bloomberg

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 23rd June 2021 at 12:49.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Lamborghini almost sold out for 2021; 2nd best year ever

No surprises! The Corona pandemic has made most - if not all - uber rich people even more richer (not your average rich person who lost his business and everything).

Those who made hay while the corona (here: translated as sun-ray's) shine have just become rich by multi-folds. As we can also see by the 'sold-out' eye wateringly expensive cars here in India.

Congratulations to Lamborghini!

But man! coming to their cars, I used to LOVE their edgy designs and out of this world sharp looking cars and equally outrageous colors and used to find Ferrari, Porsche and Aston-Martin as borderline boring from my early teens to mid 20's.

Now when I am nearing my 30's I simply find these designs too busy for my taste. I love the Ferrari Roma, the new Porsches and Rolls Royces. This is where I think, the simpler but sexier the design is, the more it ages gracefully.

If I ever found a genie and had my last wish where Lamborghini was the only option, I would pick the Urus just for the ground clearance. The looks may wear off but the practicality makes you fall in love again!
RavSam is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
The free-spending attitude of its customers who had been confined to their homes till now, has allowed the Italian brand to record a high number of sales. Models such as the Aventador and Urus continue to be in high demand.
History confirm the same attitude of the super rich after every pandemic in the past as only people with high disposable income can spend on such luxuries.

But this upward sales trend will be seen for sometime across all products/services catering to all class of people (rich/poor)
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 09:48   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

To me, this also shows 'revenge buying' where the super rich have not been able to spend on other stuff due to Covid, so well, let's buy a fancy new car. Cars are one of the safest pleasures you can have in this pandemic era.

Plus, there is the Urus. Lamborghini bringing out an SUV was a master-stroke, just as it was with Porsche & the Cayenne. For additional growth, I'm willing to bet that Lamborghini will launch a smaller, cheaper crossover that sits well below the Urus.

Look what Porsche did with the Macan. It has won fans the world over as it retains that 'driving pleasure' DNA. If the Urus is a 3.5-crore OTR SUV, Lamborghini can surely pull off a 2.5-crore SUV too.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 23:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For additional growth, I'm willing to bet that Lamborghini will launch a smaller, cheaper crossover that sits well below the Urus.

Look what Porsche did with the Macan. It has won fans the world over as it retains that 'driving pleasure' DNA. If the Urus is a 3.5-crore OTR SUV, Lamborghini can surely pull off a 2.5-crore SUV too.
I dont see Lamborghini or any premium luxury brands releasing a Macan-like product anytime soon. Urus and Bentayga proved that if a customer wants an SUV from their brand, there are buyers regardless of the price.
Also with their current success, they can easily cash in few special variants of Urus.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2021 at 01:24. Reason: Spacing.
Straight6_N54 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks